HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2003, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2003
5 Posts
Question
Noob question on Aero-Hawk

I just received an aero hawk I picked up on ebay. I was checking it out and noticed that rotary head seems to pivot freely in one direction but not the other. In one direction it seems to catch on itself. If I push it, it wil go past the point it catches, but it is not a smooth motion. I haven't taken it apart but one bearing has some rust on the outside. I don't think the bearings are preventing it from moving though.

Is this a known problem with any micros?
How much range does the rotary head need?

Scott
gixxerscott is offline Find More Posts by gixxerscott
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2003, 06:54 PM
Joined Sep 2003
8 Posts
pop the head of and run a blade down the sides of the bearing carrier.... keep doing this tilll it doesn't catch!!!

Mine was like this when it arrived
Chris_ess is offline Find More Posts by Chris_ess
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:00 PM
Joined Aug 2003
5 Posts
I never fixxed it but the rotor spins smooth and haven't had any problems in the any of my 10-20 flights.

I did drop by century hobby today to pick up a new set of blades (broke mine last weekend) and a 370 motor. I noticed the 370 motor mounts are slightly wider, but remember when I took the stock motor off, that the screws fit through a channel and not through holes.

I will post up the results of the 370 motor later.
gixxerscott is offline Find More Posts by gixxerscott