HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
Why I wont buy from BananaHobby.com

I was looking for a 64mm EDF Kit to transfer my electronics to from a crashed jet. I found the F9F on BananaHobby.com that I liked. It showed a sale price of $60 on their website. I liked the plane and wanted to know when they would have more in stock. So I asked about it through their live chat. After about 30 minutes I was told they were out of stock and not going to be getting them any more and to email the parts department to see if they had any.

So I emailed the parts dept. and got a reply back saying they had that kit in stock and it was $70. I thought maybe they didn't know about the SALE price on the website. I got the reply just as the company closed for lunch. So I decided to call when they were back in the office and see about getting the plane I wanted that they have in stock. I couldnt order on the website because it showed SOLD OUT on the website.

After being on hold for about 30 minutes. I finally get a person on the phone. then we go back and forth for another 20 minutes or so while he tries to find out who I talked to and who told me they have it in stock. He finally finds out they have it and asks me how I want to pay. I say Wait a minute, how much are you selling it for? He says $70. I tell him that it is advertised for $60 on their website. He goes on to say that it is out of stock on the website and they only have one left. How can something be out of stock when you have one in stock? I was very irritated by a company not wanting to honor their own price for something they were selling. If their inventory count was correct then the website wouldnt have shown it out of stock and I could have bought it for $60. But since I found out they still had a kit in stock they wanted to charge me more. And for a kit that I was told at first that they arent going to carry anymore anyways. But then I get told that they are still going to carry them and that the sale is over when they get more in stock.

Between the email and phone calls I spent about 2 hours trying to get the kit I wanted. I was told 2 or 3 different stories about why I cant buy it for the advertised price, 2 or 3 different reasons why it is out of stock but they have one left, and I have 2 or 3 reasons now why I will not buy anything from Bananahobby.com
lyj888 is offline Find More Posts by lyj888
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2011, 06:15 PM
Glendale, AZ
Joined Dec 2007
79 Posts
you and a million other people..hahaha

I bought once from them and had no problems other than the expected trashy electronics that I scratched anyway.
LufthansaCFI is offline Find More Posts by LufthansaCFI