Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Discussion
and Why wouldn't it crash into the lake?

Not sure what happened. FLying the parkzone Wildcat and suddenly all the controls go to the extremes and it spirals into the lake. as its sitting there i can see the controls moving rhythmicaly. tick..tick.tick.tick. about twice a second. Had to wait 20 min for it to float to shore. not sure what is trashed. cowl took a beating. This is the second AR500 Rx to go bonkers on me. will see what the story is when it dries out.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:23 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
I had an Ar500 do the same thing in my PZ Mustang. All my failsafe positions were tested prior and all of a sudden the controls went to the limits and spun right in. When I looked at mine right after, the receiver was not blinking like it would had it experienced a brown out. Never had any problems with my TX so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Put everything in a bowl of rice and let it sit for a few days then try it out
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:59 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
If you really like your hobby, you'll cook the rice afterward (joking)
I've seen many reported issues with AR500's, but my 2 have never given a problem. However, I only fly in a small field because 1 has a snapped antenna.

Do you think the lake itself reflected the signals weirdly enough to cause that condition ? if it did bounce them around and interfere then your Rx would think all was normal.
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:48 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Well I sent it in to HH and got the verdict today. Well, kinda. No real explination of why, but they are sending me back an entirely new system, new Rx, new ESC, new BL motor, They even threw in a new motor mount. I just happened to have a spare cowl, I bought two when I cracked my first one last fall. Prop is fine, servos are fine, I have some of the pond algae dried to the body, but I think I'm going to leave it. So all in all It's a cheap fix and horizon bakcs up their products once again.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster