HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:18 PM
United States, OH, New Vienna
Joined Mar 2011
278 Posts
Question
100 size heli

I was wondering what would be another good 100 size heli to check out? I have had my cb100 for awhile now, and just love flying it. I just purchased 2 NE Bravo SX's recently, and they are a blast to fly also. I was wondering what would be a next good investment in this size heli? I prefer FP, 90 flybar or FBL?...still relatively new to the hobby, so I thought I'd get some input.
og1974 is offline Find More Posts by og1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
If you want to stick with the 100 size, I would be inclined to skip the FP models altogether and go for CP. That will either the MCPx or the V100D03BL. The V100D03BL has a higher performance than the MCPx while the MCPx is more durable and crashproof. If you live in the US, you have got great support from Horizon Hobbies. The Walkera V100D01 FP is too expensive in comparison to the MCPx and V100D03BL and it won't necessarily be easier to fly.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
If you want to stick with the 100 size, I would be inclined to skip the FP models altogether and go for CP. That will either the MCPx or the V100D03BL. The V100D03BL has a higher performance than the MCPx while the MCPx is more durable and crashproof. If you live in the US, you have got great support from Horizon Hobbies. The Walkera V100D01 FP is too expensive in comparison to the MCPx and V100D03BL and it won't necessarily be easier to fly.
Thanks for the input...after doing some looking, the V100D03BL looks to be my next purchase!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:19 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You would be better off getting the mcp then the walkera. If you get the walkera you will spend more time fixing it due to crashes since your new to cp heli's. If you are coming from coaxles and a cb100 the mcpx will save you alot of dollars and accelerate your learning since you will be in the air more. Or if you have enough money get both and you will really be happy
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:39 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
You can get a 100size 90` flybar heli, but.....It's a 4#3B

The FBL helis mentioned should be good.
MHO

regards
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
278 Posts
Thanks again guys for the info. I may wait for the NE 100d to come out and give CP a try. I have a few bigger FP helis that I fly pretty well ( Walkera v200d02, Honeybee FP v2, Uflys, and Blade 120sr...really fun to fly) I just wanted to try a FBL or 90 flybar 100 size...guess I'll keep looking for now. Thanks again!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
oh,
in that case a 4#3B will be an eye opener. If you're just learning, it's near impossible to fly. Have you flown your UFLYS w/o the assist? If you can do that, you could mange an outdoor flight with the B...it's very quick and squirrely ...and it is much better[tamer] than the 4#3.

the 4#3Q is supposed to be one of pretty nice, too. I think helimax still sells it under a different name....here it is
http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/novu...bra/index.html

hunt around the classifieds....you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap.
I picked up 2. One with cb100 head, a hughes 500 body by Darth, a bunch of parts and a pair of CQE Flash's cf blades for ~$100.

regards,

Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Jun 16, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
oh,
in that case a 4#3B will be an eye opener. If you're just learning, it's near impossible to fly. Have you flown your UFLYS w/o the assist? If you can do that, you could mange an outdoor flight with the B...it's very quick and squirrely ...and it is much better[tamer] than the 4#3.

the 4#3Q is supposed to be one of pretty nice, too. I think helimax still sells it under a different name....here it is
http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/novu...bra/index.html

hunt around the classifieds....you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap.
I picked up 2. One with cb100 head, a hughes 500 body by Darth, a bunch of parts and a pair of CQE Flash's cf blades for ~$100.

regards,

Bill
That does look interesting. May have to check it out. Will definitely look over the for sale posts on here. And by the way, my UFLYs has tx 2402 so I don't think it has assist. I just figured baptism by fire...charge battery and try it. I fought the good fight for about a minute...she hit the dirt...lol Thanks again.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
You are definitely more than ready for your first CP. The question is what you really want to do with a 100. Indoor flying is going to be very difficult whatever model you choose. The 4#3b will probably be harder to fly than the CPs. I am not sure whether Walkera is still producing them so you may have problems with spares down the line. But you should be able to use your 2402 Tx with it and also the more expensive V100D01.

In general, the larger the heli, the more easier to fly. Therefore the 100 sized CPs are not ideal as first CPs. But in the case of the MCPx, that is more than made up by its durability and crash resistance. I have had a few full throttle crashes with no damage. I have also landed it in a puddle with no ill effects.

You will find a lot of users are mainly interested in them to learn 3D flying as they are much more crashproof and inexpensive to fix. They are not really that ideal for learning to fly circuits. But if you can fly your V200D02 competently, then there will be no worries about that.

I would agree with Indoorheli about the MCPx. The V100D03BL is not as crash proof or durable and will probably cost much more to maintain. With the MCPx, you will probably find yourself flying 3D stuff much earlier than you think. As for the Solo Pro 100 3D, its production date is going to be quite far off. There are a number of other Nine Eagles helis that have been announced much earlier but have not been released yet.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:19 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
635 Posts
i got a v100d01 for sale in the forum if your interested in a flybarless 100
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels