HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:37 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
I think the Solo Pro is a much more versatile heli than the Juichon, and well worth the little extra money over it's clone. For a small list of parts you need you can also check this FAQ: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008

Make sure you order some HobbyKing 120 and/or 150 mAh OEM batteries, those are essential, as the stock batteries are not long lasting, and you might even risk messing up the receiver's programming, when you run the stock batteries too low. The HobbyKing replacement batteries hold voltage much better under load.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
Yorkshireman in a foreign land
Leuchars Scotland
Joined Jun 2006
40 Posts
Great review
Can you upload the manual, mine arrived without one.
Rob Leech is offline Find More Posts by Rob Leech
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:03 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
Has anybody here had any trouble with the tail motor and the transistor blowing in these jiuchon helis? the tail on my heli has lost control.. started gently turning the heli clockwise (viewing from top), and now its pretty much un-flyable.. ive tried a different tail prop and am sure the motor shaft is not bent. It does look like it vibrates a fair bit but i cannot see any wobble in the prop.
I do have spare tail sets on the way but everything i have read here (and on solo pro's) points to the tail motor transistor.. Thanks in advance!
crjohnson is offline Find More Posts by crjohnson
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:17 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjohnson View Post
Has anybody here had any trouble with the tail motor and the transistor blowing in these jiuchon helis? the tail on my heli has lost control.. started gently turning the heli clockwise (viewing from top), and now its pretty much un-flyable.. ive tried a different tail prop and am sure the motor shaft is not bent. It does look like it vibrates a fair bit but i cannot see any wobble in the prop.
I do have spare tail sets on the way but everything i have read here (and on solo pro's) points to the tail motor transistor.. Thanks in advance!
Turning clockwise (seen from above) means the tail is working too hard. A fading motor would show counter clockwise spinning. So I also think it's the transistor.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
hmm.. i was afraid of that after reading in the solo pro thread.. . I think i saw AE9T written on the transistor, anybody every replaced/sourced one of these? Seems strange that the tail blow but the main motor's doesnt.. does the tail motor work that much harder?
crjohnson is offline Find More Posts by crjohnson
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
rupp

First I have tuned my jiuchon 9c002 heli with nano-tech 160 mAh lipos instead of the standard 150 mAh Lipo. Nano-tech lipos may be charged faster because of higher charging currents.
Second I have tuned my Heli with a second lipo male connector (mini JST) and have soldered the cables parallel. I put the second lipo into the bottom of the canopy.
So I have double flight time and a better gravity center for flying forward if there is a light wind because I fly only outdoors having more area to fly.

For fast charging I soldered the cables of four female mini JST connectors together with a lipo 4-cell balancing connector and for power supply a red male JST connector. So I can quick charge 4 lipos in time together like a 4 cell lipo, using an IMAX 6 Charger with 0,2 A and 14,4 V, balancing all lipos to the limit of 4,20 V.
rupp is offline Find More Posts by rupp