Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:46 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steez123 View Post
Thanks Frank! i am going to order a solo pro today
And while you wait for your order to arrive, you might find reading this thread helpful: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:15 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Frank! i am going to order a solo pro today
steez123 - I would recommend ordering some of the OEM batteries in the above link so that you have them when your new Solo Pro arrives. Making them fit is easy - I just rubbed the sides lightly on a sheet of fine sandpaper until they fit securely.

With the stock battery I found the SP goes out of control near the end of the flight time. With the OEM's there is more power and no control loss, an amazing battery for the price. I would have to say it is one of the true bargains in the rc heli world.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
Thanks. I ordered 10 batteries so hopefully they come soon
steez123 is offline Find More Posts by steez123
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
can anyone help me out. I broke my main shaft and swash plate on my jc. I tried to repair it, but now it doesnt fly straight and when i give throttle forward, it goes right. Something is definately off. Does anyone have a step by step on how to repair this, or something.

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:57 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,880 Posts
Quote:
can anyone help me out. I broke my main shaft and swash plate on my jc. I tried to repair it, but now it doesnt fly straight and when i give throttle forward, it goes right. Something is definately off. Does anyone have a step by step on how to repair this, or something.

Thanks
Could you post a few pictures? As this heli is very similar to the Solo Pro, there are bound to be some people that can see what's wrong with it.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:31 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Could be that the flybar is somehow obstructed and not pivoting freely. Flick it with your finger and it should pivot/bounce up and down very freely. I know you don't mention damaging that part, but I assume you disassembled everything to replace the swashplate and main shaft, so something may have gone wrong during reassembly.

Make sure all linkages and joints pivot freely too. I.e. the ones that go from the servo to the swash, the swash to the main blades and from the main blades to the flybar and so on. Check the little black joints that attach to the main blades, and link to the flybar/swash. Make sure they're not on backwards and that they move freely/aren't binding. Along the same lines, those black plastic linkages (that pop onto the black plastic balls) are only designed to go on one way, so if you put one on backwards it will be too tight a fit.

Can't really help much more than that without some photos or a video.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
Ya. The flybar is definitely tight so I must of done something wrong. I will get some pics up today. On another note, I just got my solo pro. This thing is much more nimble. It's awesome. I am able to fly it nicely now. My question is what are some advanced moves I can try.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
ok - fixed my JC - question - does anyone notice that on the JC as well as the solo pro, when you give throttle, it just doesnt move as fast as you would like it to. When coming out of a right turn, you can pick up speed, but from a hover, it doesnt have the juice - any way to get more speed?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:02 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,880 Posts
Quote:
ok - fixed my JC - question - does anyone notice that on the JC as well as the solo pro, when you give throttle, it just doesnt move as fast as you would like it to. When coming out of a right turn, you can pick up speed, but from a hover, it doesnt have the juice - any way to get more speed?
Do you have the Solo Pro on high rates? A full circle on the display reveals full servo throws enabled. On low rates, it will not move as face.

Sometimes you need to add a little throttle at the same time as pushing the elevator stick forward. This will make the nose dip down, and the heli will pick up speed much faster.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
Joined Jun 2008
67 Posts
Does anyone know trait-tech store?

They are selling this helicopter for $ 36.99 with free shipping.

http://www.trait-tech.com/product/T-...tor-9c002.html

I was plaining to buy a Solo Pro, but for this price I'm not sure anymore. With both I'll get bored soon, but $ 36.99 vs +/- $ 70 for Solo Pro (including shipping), I think that 9c002 worth.

Guys, what do you think?
phstc is offline Find More Posts by phstc
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Where are you getting free shipping from? I checked that link and they charge anywhere from $30-$70 pending shipping type.

I have (had) both the 9C002 and the Solo Pro. The JC is nice but very slow and underpowered. The Solo Pro is a much more enjoyable heli to fly and can handle a lot more wind outdoors. It also has a better TX with more functions and spare parts are more widely available.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
Joined Jun 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Where are you getting free shipping from? I checked that link and they charge anywhere from $30-$70 pending shipping type.

I have (had) both the 9C002 and the Solo Pro. The JC is nice but very slow and underpowered. The Solo Pro is a much more enjoyable heli to fly and can handle a lot more wind outdoors. It also has a better TX with more functions and spare parts are more widely available.

Thanks Frank_frj! Sorry, the free shipping was my mistake. It has shipping costs. :/

Now, I have to decide between Solo Pro versus 9958. What is better in your opinion?

FocalPrice is selling 9958 with free shipping.
http://www.focalprice.com/YE701Y/Gre...ng_Yellow.html

They also sell lot of parts, I can combine them in my order.
http://www.focalprice.com/search.html?keyword=9958
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:36 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I also have the 9958 and would recommend you stick with the Solo Pro.

You won't be saving any money by buying a cheap heli that breaks easily and doesn't fly well.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
I also have the 9958 and would recommend you stick with the Solo Pro.

You won't be saving any money by buying a cheap heli that breaks easily and doesn't fly well.

Thanks again Frank_fjs. I read your review about 9958.

I have experience with 4ch helicopters, I had a Walkera 4#3B (hard to fly) and a Lama 2 (very stable, I got bored very fast). I sold both. Now, I'm missing a toy to play at my living room.

Do you think that the Solo Pro is best option to fly in a my living room?

Which parts I must have to buy with Solo Pro, only batteries or blades and etc? Parts which I will probably break soon. Shipping to Brazil takes a long time, I would like to avoid having to wait parts which probably I will break soon.

Walkere 4#3B and Lame 2 are very fragile, is Solo Pro much more resistent?
Last edited by phstc; Aug 20, 2011 at 01:16 PM.