HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
There you go Alex, share your tracking information with a complete stranger. Why on earth would anyone do that?

We are here to assist. Who is we? Are you we? I know I'm not we so we must be you.
I know! But i can assure you kvc6 that everything should have come. And yes, why would i share my tracking info AND what i have ordered? Maybe it was a $2,000 order? Thats classified private info. But my friend filed a claim on paypal and got his money back.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2011, 06:41 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
There you go Alex, share your tracking information with a complete stranger. Why on earth would anyone do that?

We are here to assist. Who is we? Are you we? I know I'm not we so we must be you.

how on earth could anoyone scam anything from from a tracking number.

Generally a forum is used to help others. most people do that others seems to think its a platform to spin from
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Last edited by lipoflyer; Jul 09, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:02 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,500 Posts
My address shows up on some tracking numbers Ive had.
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Jul 09, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:46 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Your address shows up on some trscking numbers Ive had.
bizzar!
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:12 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,500 Posts
Yes!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:34 AM
Australia, SA, Murray Bridge
Joined Oct 2003
186 Posts
i bought 5 servos on the 6th and got them today the 13th well packaged in a box in air wrap plastic
they only thing i find odd is when i went to their website to look at invoice it says i payed 4 only, wish i did only pay 4 bux
but now im scared to order more stuff incase it doenst come
daron is offline Find More Posts by daron
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:47 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
daron, don't be scared, I have 52 orders and every single one of them turned up fine. The reason it says the different value, is you didn't choose 100% declared value when you ordered. Next time as you check out, make sure you select hobby parts and 100%.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:12 AM
Australia, SA, Murray Bridge
Joined Oct 2003
186 Posts
oh ok it was preset to those numbers thought oh well ill leave it
i cant belive it took 6 days to arrive i prolly will buy again bt everything is srt of out of stock
i just want a cheap motor and after hrs of research it tells me out of stock doh
daron is offline Find More Posts by daron
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:36 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
Yeah, just be patient with them. Anything you are interested in, put on your wishlist or do email notifications. Have a good read up on the reviews and discussions of any parts you are interested in. As with all online vendors, there is good and there is not so good, just be savy about it and you will probably do ok.

Mark
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
1,881 Posts
why do they give you the option of declaring a lower value? I always have and assumed taxes would apply on high value objects crossing borders, I also wish I payed 4 bucks for each pack and 10 cents for a carbon fiber rod.
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:57 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
Pretty much all Hong Kong vendors do it. In Aus there is no tax to be paid on orders under $1000.00. Some countries have different tax rates for gift/parts/toyparts etc. It's up to the individual to do the right thing.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I know! But i can assure you kvc6 that everything should have come. And yes, why would i share my tracking info AND what i have ordered? Maybe it was a $2,000 order? Thats classified private info. But my friend filed a claim on paypal and got his money back.
Now a bunch of well known people will attempt to hijack this thread Alex and deflect all blame for the failure on you or the post office or anyone but Hobby King. This is great stuff.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:10 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Another case of cheating by Hobby King see this, they say payment is not received by them. OK broken internet Links because of heavy rains in China to Blame.
http://www.rcindia.org/rc-outlets-an...1734/#msg71734

Link Fixed now
akshayb is offline Find More Posts by akshayb
Last edited by akshayb; Jul 20, 2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:54 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Leuven
Joined Jul 2011
83 Posts
Just got my very first order from HK and it was very well packed, and all items were in place. So if they fail sometimes at least it's not always
miklav is offline Find More Posts by miklav
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:02 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
miklav, there will be the occasional "hickup", but in the long run and with a bit of wise shopping, I'm sure you will get hours of fun with a lot of good stuff

Mark