HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:08 AM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
647 Posts
I just got ripped off. Payed for some ultra micro batteries and they weren't in the box. All they did was give me some more "points," saying that according to the weight of the package that left their end, the batteries were in there. Sure, it's only a $5 loss, but it's the principle. What's to stop them doing this every few orders to pad their profits, knowing that most people won't bother with support and those that will won't get what they paid for anyway?

From now on, I'm only going to buy from reputable vendors that operate in this country. I hope others will choose not to support "HobbyCrap" and support companies (hint, Parkzone/Horizon) that build fantastic products and stand behind those products.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:11 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,588 Posts
I hear you.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:36 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
"WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????????????????????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"will my LiPo blow up"

Yep I'm sure you hear him.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
I just got ripped off. Payed for some ultra micro batteries and they weren't in the box. All they did was give me some more "points," saying that according to the weight of the package that left their end, the batteries were in there. Sure, it's only a $5 loss, but it's the principle. What's to stop them doing this every few orders to pad their profits, knowing that most people won't bother with support and those that will won't get what they paid for anyway?

From now on, I'm only going to buy from reputable vendors that operate in this country. I hope others will choose not to support "HobbyCrap" and support companies (hint, Parkzone/Horizon) that build fantastic products and stand behind those products.
Yep, they are famous for stuff disappearing from orders and then giving you points so you can get ripped off some more. I had a similar experience and can tell you that Hobby King does not get my business anymore.

Remember, only you can prevent Hobby King.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
"WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????????????????????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"will my LiPo blow up"

Yep I'm sure you hear him.

Ya ya ya
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:53 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
So do tell us alex, what exactly was wrong with your HK experience? I see you have made some purchases. Posting throw away 1 liners doesn't exactly educate anyone?
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:10 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
So do tell us alex, what exactly was wrong with your HK experience? I see you have made some purchases. Posting throw away 1 liners doesn't exactly educate anyone?
Where do you see that he made some purchases? He never said that he did so please let us know so the rest of us can go look and see where he made purchases.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:14 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
John, he has purchased from them, go read his posts.

Mark
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:40 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
John, he has purchased from them, go read his posts.

Mark
Where?
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:48 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
There are only 337 posts john, it's not hard to find.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,588 Posts
Quote:
I have only ordered there once.
BUT...My friend has ordererd there twice and niether of the packages have arrived. And its 4 MONTHS LATER!
And of course, the CS sucks.
They said: "Oh well, it left our warehouse..."

P.S. Just to clarify so you don't call me dumb, I ordered my package before he did.
I only posted that I ordered there in one thread, in which I started. It would take hours to read 337 posts.

Next time before you smart off Mr. Nosy, ask.
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Jul 08, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Some people start demeaning loss of fellow hobbyists where ever HK name appears,
akshayb is offline Find More Posts by akshayb
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:54 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I have only ordered there once.
BUT...My friend has ordererd there twice and niether of the packages have arrived. And its 4 MONTHS LATER!
And of course, the CS sucks.
They said: "Oh well, it left our warehouse..."

P.S. Just to clarify so you don't call me dumb, I ordered my package before he did.
I only posted that I ordered there in one thread, in which I started. It would take hours to read 337 posts.

Next time before you smart off Mr. Nosy, ask.
Search is your friend young man.

I have no intention of calling you dumb as I'm sure you are not.

What items did you order that have taken 4 months? put up the tracking and I'm sure some of us that have been around a long time can assist your friend in getting his stuff. Was it delivered and stolen? Was it Back Ordered and hasn't come into stock yet? We are here to assist. Fire away.

Mark
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:55 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayb View Post
Some people start demeaning loss of fellow hobbyists where ever HK name appears,
I don't understand the question? Or is it a statement?
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:27 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Search is your friend young man.

I have no intention of calling you dumb as I'm sure you are not.

What items did you order that have taken 4 months? put up the tracking and I'm sure some of us that have been around a long time can assist your friend in getting his stuff. Was it delivered and stolen? Was it Back Ordered and hasn't come into stock yet? We are here to assist. Fire away.

Mark
There you go Alex, share your tracking information with a complete stranger. Why on earth would anyone do that?

We are here to assist. Who is we? Are you we? I know I'm not we so we must be you.