HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,290 Posts
they have become too big a business to care, I think I stated that earlier, and I have seen it posted in many places, they will keep making sales no matter how bad they are, they have good prices.
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterguy View Post
they have become too big a business to care, I think I stated that earlier, and I have seen it posted in many places, they will keep making sales no matter how bad they are, they have good prices.
No, eventually the RC community will wise up just like they have with countless other rip off artists and stop buying. There are other vendors with prices just as good and more inventory in stock than Hobby King.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:05 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,290 Posts
I was waiting for someone to say that, yes, most stores actually restock
Maybe we should start a thread giving alternatives for HK
Hobbypartz, Offshore electrics (for rc boats)
any others?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
I had ordered some stuff from Tower last month, and I am quite satisfied with their services and their packaging, yes HK can make 4 out of it. With postage worked out even less than HK here in India. And my Futaba TX worked out cheaper compared to any body else, and yes OS engine, HK don't stock it, reached safely to me and I am a happy tower customer.

Some of the stores I am surfing these days are RCTimer, Hobbydreams, are good for Cheap Chinese stuff.
akshayb is offline Find More Posts by akshayb
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:16 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Oct 2009
57 Posts
I have been HC Affectionado and buyin them for long. But I dont buy to overly complacent preaching of other HC fans over HC Live community and other forums which sounds more like seeking HC bonus point. Their reasoning that people should ready to accept HK items As-Is, and HK should not be held for quality or shipping the items.
I hereby claim that HC is already operating at margins of 50% , and no matter the Western brick and mortar LHS operating at higher margin, that doesn't give HK to say My way or High way.

I would earnestly like remind MR Anthony Hands that his 'Care a Damn' reply for a the other guys request to HC giving an option of Postal Insurance would give a bad precedence. HK is Not Apple Yet. It sucks in Nitro and Gasser regime. Other established Hobby Shops like Towers have much larger diversity in products (comparing Apple to Apple in quality/branding) and provide much generous discount (a Futaba 8FG would cost $379 after $20-$250 discount coupon from Towers, while $450 on HK). On the other hand, many new shops in Hongkong and mainland China are coming up (lowpriceRc, hobby dreams), if not all, some are indeed a threat to HC, and you need just one of them to de thrown HC from its 'King' ship. I have had business with many of them, and believe me, they are very aggressive in customer services and shipping, in which HC sucks big time. What is more alarming is that many LHS in west like Hobby Lobby have made procing of HC/Chinese quality items like BL,Lipo etc to HK prices. In smaller RC scene places like India, there is similar trend by LHS.

So Knock! Knock! HC and Mr Hands, like Google toppled Yahoo in search and FB Orkut in no time, its time to wake up and put again Customer-First. I know 4-5 people already in my small club ditching HC and move on. Wonder what would be the trend in West which has clubs in every country side town!
ujjwaana is offline Find More Posts by ujjwaana
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:25 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Oct 2009
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
You can tell by looking at the other picture you posted someone at HK made that box from scrap cardboard and packing tape. You are quite right in your assessment that the vendor has a certain responsibility to make sure that your order reaches you in good condition.
Glad you folks from the West agree here. As I have already told that even after this rock bottom price, HobbyKing is still operating on 50% margin!!
Postal delivery should amount for 99.9% of their sale. They are already making some cut from the Postal you pay (check HK Post tarrif charts, we pay more even when Weight+Volume rates adjusted). So it is so irresponsibility on HK side not to spend $1 on a decent cardboard and give a better satisfaction. What postal system they provide is also THEIR responsibility. They freaking can't blame to our country's postal system, (esp not US ) when their own Chinese/HKong postal system is one of pathetic (5-7 days for a dispatch, I get my packages from US/UK to India much faster and in better shape).
ujjwaana is offline Find More Posts by ujjwaana
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:58 PM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Hobby king is up to their tricks again,

I had put a Pay pal case on them and today I received a plain mail stating to remove case I have on them, and what's that I can't believe my eyes they have removed this order's details from my account on their web site.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayb View Post

I had put a Pay pal case on them and today I received a plain mail stating to remove case I have on them, and what's that I can't believe my eyes they have removed this order's details from my account on their web site.
Are they asking you to remove it or telling you to remove it? If they are telling you to remove it the authorities might be very interested to see the letter. Whatever you do don't throw it away.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,290 Posts
I think he means they took it off themselves.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:45 PM
The Ottoman Flyer
USA, TX, Galveston
Joined May 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayb View Post

Is that even ok under the Paypal terms ? I would forward that mail to paypal.
Ottomite is offline Find More Posts by Ottomite
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Join hands against this tyrant Chinese seller on FB, Link is below

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...350419761&ap=1
Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:16 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,667 Posts
They got your money, thats the 1 and only thing they care about.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 05, 2011, 12:36 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Yes that's true they are not bothered about, customers or material they are selling.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:50 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
just video the opening of the box with a cell phone, then they can see you open the box and whats inside... this should be proof enough..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 06, 2011, 03:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
178 Posts
hey if you use paypal you can opened a dispute on paypal, even they delete you got evident on paypal and your email ,remember you received email
1)from HK title "Your order at HobbyKing, #xxxxxxxxxxxx(your order no)
2)from HK title "Payment approved, order #xxxxxxxxxxx"
3)from paypal "Receipt for Your Payment to hexTronik Limited" this one have You sent a payment Description of item and your order no.
use it
presa1200 is offline Find More Posts by presa1200
Last edited by presa1200; Jul 06, 2011 at 03:40 AM.