Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:17 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Alert
Beware While ordering from HobbyKing

Placed an order with hobby king last month, and parcel arrived to me couple of weeks later, after opening the package I realised that majority of the items from parcel were missing. Any ways I reported this to HK. They asked me to send many many pics of the parcel that included a picture of parcel after putting it on weighting scale, fortunately my wife had a scale in her kitchen. and this morning they informed me "I am happy to inform you that the investigation for your missing claim has completed. We have checked with warehouse and the post office, and we have confirmed that we have sent you all the items you have ordered, so there should be no items missing.
Your understanding will be much appreciated"

So word of caution here, First of all make sure you have a weighting scale before you order from this Chinese Supplier. And secondly remember your luck can run out any day with poorly packaged HK parcels.
In fact it's hard to believe these humble card board boxes which carry HK orders are capable of carrying them safely.

And Another thought in back of my mind, if hobby king can't trust me how can I trust Hobby King's so called investigation.

So all the members on this forum beware while ordering from this Chinese Supplier, this can happen with any body.
akshayb is offline Find More Posts by akshayb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:51 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
Humble cardboard box? Poorly packaged. I don't think so. What items were missing? Did you post this on the HK forum?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayb View Post
Placed an order with hobby king last month, and parcel arrived to me couple of weeks later, after opening the package I realised that majority of the items from parcel were missing. Any ways I reported this to HK. They asked me to send many many pics of the parcel that included a picture of parcel after putting it on weighting scale, fortunately my wife had a scale in her kitchen. and this morning they informed me "I am happy to inform you that the investigation for your missing claim has completed. We have checked with warehouse and the post office, and we have confirmed that we have sent you all the items you have ordered, so there should be no items missing.
Your understanding will be much appreciated"

So word of caution here, First of all make sure you have a weighting scale before you order from this Chinese Supplier. And secondly remember your luck can run out any day with poorly packaged HK parcels.
In fact it's hard to believe these humble card board boxes which carry HK orders are capable of carrying them safely.

And Another thought in back of my mind, if hobby king can't trust me how can I trust Hobby King's so called investigation.

So all the members on this forum beware while ordering from this Chinese Supplier, this can happen with any body.
I recently had an order that was missing a part. I also had to weigh and photograph everything. I completely agree with you that Hobby Kings policy is just a way to keep people from being able to resolve their claim. Why else would they do that? I no longer deal with them since there are several other low priced vendors on line that treat you right.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,247 Posts
Hobbyking has never been reliable, and never will be, they are getting worse.
they have just gotten too large to care about customer support.
I think a hobbyking boycott for a few months is in order, just have to get the word out to everyone, see how they feel about not taking care of their customers
boaterguy is online now Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Humble cardboard box? Poorly packaged. I don't think so. What items were missing? Did you post this on the HK forum?

Mark
I have least trust left for HK, there have been concerns lately, regarding, adverse comments which do not suit tastes of HK, were removed from HK forum.

Humble box, see to believe
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:50 AM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,247 Posts
Myyyyy preciousssss
i feel they put the stuff in the box, and then fill the rest with that air stuff.
a delicate component (or many) should be padded as necessary, then put in a box.
boaterguy is online now Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:21 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
I have least trust left for HK, there have been concerns lately, regarding, adverse comments which do not suit tastes of HK, were removed from HK forum.

I have to admit that is one ugly box. I guess you didn't order enough to rate a real box so they gave you a leftover from the delicatessen. Did it smell like sandwiches??
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:41 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
778 Posts
Quote:

Your "humble box" appears to have been abused by your postal system

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:31 AM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
Consideration of abuse by postal system should be taken care by seller i.e HK, it's seller duty to make sure that goods reaches to buyer in good shape.

I presume so, but can't say about HK.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
The box in the photograph looks like an afterthought. It looks like someone took some pieces of cardboard and some tape and made a box, very poorly I might add.

I too would be concerned if my order showed up in a skanky looking box like that.

But lets forget about the box and just focus on the fact that akshayb did not receive a complete order. This is becomming a common theme with Hobby King as their reliability is becomming worse. You are fortunate since the same thing happened to me but instead of sending my part thy issued a credit so that I would have to pay shipping again. I hope you receive your items soon.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:04 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
Your "humble box" appears to have been abused by your postal system

imgumby
Thats not a HK box.

Certainly nothing like any of the HK boxes I've received.

akshayb

I'm still confused, are you saying the box split and parts have fallen out during it's postal trip? If so, why did you accept it? Even Topspin here wouldn't accept a damaged parcel would you John?

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Jun 17, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Thats not a HK box.

Certainly nothing like any of the HK boxes I've received.

akshayb

I'm still confused, are you saying the box split and parts have fallen out during it's postal trip? If so, why did you accept it? Even Topspin here wouldn't accept a damaged parcel would you John?

Mark
So who do suppose supplied the box? And more important, why does it matter? He already established that his order was screwed up by Hobby King. That crappy box is just par for the course.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
No John, I believe he is saying that the box broke in transit and parts were lost in the post.

I know you hate them John but you had several orders and you are saying that every order you got was poorly packed?

Mark
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
of course the box, do not worth to transit my order, but that doesn't mean that goods are lost in transit, and in case the packaging material is of bad quality, and goods got lost in transit, who's responsibility it is to establish that goods reaches in good shape to buyer, isn't it a fair business practice, not in eyes of HK I suppose.

here's another pic of the box
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
of course the box, do not worth to transit my order, but that doesn't mean that goods are lost in transit, and in case the packaging material is of bad quality, and goods got lost in transit, who's responsibility it is to establish that goods reaches in good shape to buyer, isn't it a fair business practice, not in eyes of HK I suppose.

here's another pic of the box
You can tell by looking at the other picture you posted someone at HK made that box from scrap cardboard and packing tape. You are quite right in your assessment that the vendor has a certain responsibility to make sure that your order reaches you in good condition. That means they have to pack it reasonably well to survive the postal process. Hobby King clearly failed to do that and like you said, they simply don't care.