HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2001, 08:41 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
53Mhz Micro RX's?

I found FMA's Quantum-6 which is available on 53Mhz and weighs 0.5 oz. Are there any other lightweight RX's on 53Mhz?

Thanks,
Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2001, 09:00 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sorry, GWS do not have any receiver at 53Mhz. Since this will require a class C licence to operate at 53Mhz by FCC regulation.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Nov 08, 2001, 03:44 PM
Spring, Texas, USA
Joined Nov 2001
48 Posts
Re: 53Mhz Micro RX's?

Quote:
Originally posted by rcbrust
I found FMA's Quantum-6 which is available on 53Mhz and weighs 0.5 oz. Are there any other lightweight RX's on 53Mhz?

Thanks,
Randy
.5 oz! Thats 17.5 grams. In Electric airplanes that is very heavy.
MPI makes a 4.5 gram reciever (after you remove the case). GWS's reciever is about #3.5 grams but I think the MPI might be only 72mhz also.

Kirk Krest.
Kirk Krest is offline Find More Posts by Kirk Krest
Old Nov 09, 2001, 01:20 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
I had a 53 mhz transmitter that I LOVED and was VERY disappointed to find that all the cool small receivers were only on 72 mhz. There just isn't anything out there and probably never will be. There just aren't that many 53 mhz users to justify the design expense.
I reluctantly took the advice of someone wiser than I (Dave @ Radical RC) and bought a new transmitter on 72 mhz. I then sold my other one on eBay, making a profit of $37.00. I took that and bought my first $28.00 GWS micro receiver. Later I bought a FMA Extreme 5 receiver.
That was many months ago and I've had a lot of fun with my new micro stuff. More fun than I've had in many years.
That's my advice to you.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Nov 10, 2001, 07:43 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
When 30 years ago, 72Mhz has very limited frequency permitted by FCC, less than 10 channel avalibe. You have to wait for some other flyers who came to flied ahead of you. That time, every freqency is made in small qty, not too many flyers. Every thing was expensive.

53 Mhz is special allowed to who own the FCC class C licence, so they can get better chance not to wait? But to a maker like GWS other larges, produce 72Mhz in 50 frequency in large qty, cost down is very important to less street price reasobale.

But 53Mhz still remain very few qty as usually. GWS technicly can make that easily, but the cost will be a waste. We can't put this bill to other 72 Mhz flyer to share! :P

Unless for special government requested projects, GWS do any thing OK! If some one wish to pay the invoice custom made.

Actually, at flying field, you even can not fly too many airplanes in the same time, they hit each other very often since 72 Mhz has 50 frequency.

See GWS new web without pops

http://www.gws.com.tw
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO