Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hastings New Zealand
Joined Jun 2009
31 Posts
Discussion
Syma S107 lookalike & inverted flight ??

Thanks everyone for the help with my Syma S105G heli. I've just received an email referring me to this Youtube link
SkyTech M3 Infrared control Micro Metal RC helicopter with gyro From xHobbyStore (1 min 17 sec)

for this SkyTech M3 Infrared control Micro Metal RC helicopter with gyro From xHobbyStore. I've included a couple of screen grabs from the video. The 2nd screen grab has me intrigued. They have to have reversed the main blades so that the blades are technically pushing down and not pulling up. I thought your heli had to have collective pitch to fly inverted. It's like when I see 3 ch helis being advertised as 3D that erks me. Looking forward to the feedback
PaulGeertson is offline Find More Posts by PaulGeertson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:05 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
This is my genuine Syma s107. Not 3d just some simple changes.

s107updown (1 min 26 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:35 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Looks like another rebranded S107 all right.

As far as I know they had to flip the blades and put top on the bottom and vice-versa, then hand-lanuch it inverted. Cute stunt but I wonder if there is any wear issue with the bearings forced to deal with thrust opposite the direction they were designed for? The "bearings" as such on these are pretty simple.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:28 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post

As far as I know they had to flip the blades and put top on the bottom and vice-versa, then hand-launch it inverted. Cute stunt but I wonder if there is any wear issue with the bearings forced to deal with thrust opposite the direction they were designed for? The "bearings" as such on these are pretty simple.
That's all there's to it.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hastings New Zealand
Joined Jun 2009
31 Posts
Quote:

As far as I know they had to flip the blades and put top on the bottom and vice-versa, then hand-lanuch it inverted. Cute stunt but I wonder if there is any wear issue with the bearings forced to deal with thrust opposite the direction they were designed for? The "bearings" as such on these are pretty simple.
It is a cute stunt, but I think it can be misleading for a newbie who buys it thinking it will fly inverted for them
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:35 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Well, you could always email them and let them know they may turn off customers after a few end up with dashed expectations. Probably just a lapse in judgement, they're probably not as disreputable as that makes them seem. Just a Weiner Moment.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hastings New Zealand
Joined Jun 2009
31 Posts
Quote:
Well, you could always email them and let them know they may turn off customers after a few end up with dashed expectations. Probably just a lapse in judgement, they're probably not as disreputable as that makes them seem. Just a Weiner Moment.
Yeah, you're right. If it is as good a quality as the Syma brand great! I'try sending an email to them
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:38 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
It look slike it has a blue Gyro light, as far as I know Syma only use green Gyro LEDs on the S107, I have a couple of clone which have a red Gyro.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83