HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipjodan View Post
Thanks for the heads up just watched it, awesome production! (as usual) Did you film the intro in your "office"

Loved the onboard, loved the crashes, loved the PA likes this..... did i say i liked the onboard?

Every time i see one of your vids i promise myself a AMR. I might just have to pull the trigger this time..... But then the purple addy x looks fantastic.

Really appreciate the effort you put in, it really shows.....
Thank you Yes, the intro was shot on one of my flights between Anchorage and Chicago. Sweet memories because I have changed jobs and I am now on a different aircraft type. The one in the video was a MD-11 - fabulous aircraft. And in many ways more advanced and with a better flight guidance system than the overhyped Airbus A330 I am flying now. But the Bean Counters like the Airbus better...

The AMR is a very special aircraft. It can be flown extremely slow with a super stable upright harrier but on the other hand tumbles like no other plane. KE Spins are extremely violent

The AddiX is a different animal but at our flying site we usually have lots of fun with it - it is our "nonsense 3D in your face" plane. And we mean that literally

I think with both planes you can have lots of fun - especially if the group you are flying with is likeminded.
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:14 AM
Gloves are awkward
Preston, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,184 Posts
Quote:
I think with both planes you can have lots of fun - especially if the group you are flying with is likeminded.
I need a job swap, anyone want to swap Manchester for Malaysia!!
ipjodan is offline Find More Posts by ipjodan
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:09 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Rookie View Post
Lol! Thanks guys. Yup the landing was a little off. Pretty hard to judge from a distance and snagged the wing tube on the grass.
You could always mount a wheel on the end of the wing tube to smooth out the landings. Great vid.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:02 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
++1 for the AMR
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Last edited by wantoofly; Jun 17, 2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spel
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:41 PM
Gloves are awkward
Preston, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,184 Posts
Quote:
I remember you have an Addiction with LEDs in them...I'm sure it would have made for some awesome footage as well and I'm sure BT would agree too
Thanks, its in the hanger over summer having some sort of lights fitted to the tail, not thought of anything yet, best hurry up its nearly the longest day, its down hill from here!!!

I was going to get another addy but this one still flies great with the added weight of the lights. AMR it is i think, it will fit nicely in my boot. Now which colour flies the best!!!!!!
ipjodan is offline Find More Posts by ipjodan
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipjodan View Post
I need a job swap, anyone want to swap Manchester for Malaysia!!
Since you are from Manchester, there are 11 immediate job vacancies in Malaysia at the moment. Our National soccer team sucks big time.

@jetinteriorguy,

Yup someone did mention that the other day. In any case, I would likely use a broken CF wing tube on the next attempt.
Radio Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Radio Rookie
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:33 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
Since you are from Manchester, there are 11 immediate job vacancies in Malaysia at the moment. Our National soccer team sucks big time.

@jetinteriorguy,

Yup someone did mention that the other day. In any case, I would likely use a broken CF wing tube on the next attempt.
Next time, I like the sound of that. Gotta love true craziness.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:38 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
But crazy is good ya?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:05 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,537 Posts
Crazy is the way to go!!!!!! you know what would be fun to try, the Ultimate AMR, just with the bottom wing!!! i bet it tumbles like crazy!!!! lol
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Crazy is the way to go!!!!!! you know what would be fun to try, the Ultimate AMR, just with the bottom wing!!! i bet it tumbles like crazy!!!! lol
Hi Dan,

Yes that has been tried. 3Sdave attempted that a while back after busting his top wing. LOL!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:14 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
But crazy is good ya?
Oh yeah, you might start a new trend. Flying with half a wing. Wonder how ke loops would go.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:22 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Dont tempt me.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:23 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote: