HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gavoss, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:44 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
Trader Rating: 120
For Sale
Hobie Hawk and "How to launch a Hobie Hawk on a winch"

I just received a very nice Hobie Hawk from a good friend. Since it's better than the last one I had, the lesser of the two is up for grabs. I don't have photos yet but if you are interested, shoot me an email.

I may also have a Hobie with a set of 10' wings. The tails aren't the stock ones as they needed to be much larger. They have the same shape but are balsa over foam. I may have the stock tails to go with it but I'll have to look. Please remember I'm disabled and it takes me a while to ship. Thanks for understanding.

gavoss @ swbell dot net

Due to its lack of fixed vertical fin area, you need to throw the plane level to the ground instead of "up" on a winch or high start. The plane needs to come to flying speed before going up. Addin more fixed vertical fin area will help dramatically. There are a number of different ways to correct the Hobie's "unique" flying qualities.
gavoss is offline Find More Posts by gavoss
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gavoss; Jun 14, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:39 PM
Jacksonville, FL 32244
Joined Apr 2004
165 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Prices?
carrinsr is offline Find More Posts by carrinsr
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
Soar like Eagle fly w/Turkeys
San Diego, Ca.
Joined Apr 2007
81 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
i do have interest. in either one. let me know.
ocotillo is offline Find More Posts by ocotillo
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
555 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
10' Hobie

How much for the 10' one?

Iain
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain