SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
Nobody else got their hands on the 9958? Solo Pro and Donaldsneffe, when are you getting yours? I am always interested in what you have to say.

Also, hopefully EQMOD can get one to "play" with as well.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:15 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nobody else got their hands on the 9958? Solo Pro and Donaldsneffe, when are you getting yours? I am always interested in what you have to say.

Also, hopefully EQMOD can get one to "play" with as well.
I need to wait for PayPal funds to be updated, wanted to pull the trigger on a red/white one today, but found PayPal funds were too low. In a few days I'll check again.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:34 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xypher View Post
My heli has backward and rightward drift tendencies, so I removed the control arm at the ball joint and turned it to add some forward and leftward forces. The drift was too great for trim to be used, I had maxed out the forward trim and it still drifted back a little. I will find out how the adjustments go when I spin it up again this evening.

Side Q: Should I invest in a Solo Pro for my next heli or will it be too similar to the 9958 in terms of skill level needed? I'm asking because my friend may be going to HK or China and he can get one for me on the way back. If it is recommended then I will buy it.
My 9958 had the same problem out of the box, it would drift backwards with trim set to full forwards. I managed to eliminate this by adjusting the servo linkage. I still can't obtain a stable hover though, it tends to drift around in a pendulum like manner.

The Solo Pro is extremely different to the 9958, it's worth grabbing one. I find it more fun to fly.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:54 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Donaldsneffe, when are you getting yours?
Donno - shipped on July 2nd (Focalprice).
Also ordered a spare one at MyRcMart on July 2nd - Order is still processing???

Did anyone receive his stuff from MyRcMart? (also ordered some of those fu... cheap spares)

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:16 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post

Did anyone receive his stuff from MyRcMart? (also ordered some of those fu... cheap spares)

Walter
MyRcMart is usually good. 2 wks ago I received a replacement for NE 310A Rx with servo problems. Did you try emailing them regarding the delay?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:35 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Did you try emailing them regarding the delay?
No - why? Processing - maybe the Xieda stuff not in stock yet
Thats why I wanted to know if anyone has received his Xieda stuff from MyRcMart yet.

Do not have concerns - had 12 orders before at MyRcMart and everything was perfect.

Walter
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:35 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Did anyone receive his stuff from MyRcMart?
My 9958 came from MyRcMart. Ordered 1st July, despatched 5th July, arrived 12th July.

I weighed the 9958 without the battery, came in at 27.7g. As a comparison, my Solo Pro (minus battery) weighed in at 24.4g on the same scales.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:37 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
My 9958 came from MyRcMart. Ordered 1st July, despatched 5th July, arrived 12th July.
OK, they do not like me
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:04 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
OK, they do not like me
I like you, does that make you feel better?

I've never had a problem with them before, usually it only takes 2 days for your order to be packed and shipped. Perhaps send them a polite email.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:27 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:

Walter
Also my italian friends ordered at MyRcMart and they are still "processing" their orders. Sort of unfair backorder treatment?
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:39 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Just had another outdoors flight, this time with no wind. Okay, this heli is actually a lot of fun to fly outdoors, once you get the knack of controlling it. Basically, I had a hard time in the beginning due to being so accustomed to the Solo Pro. With the 9958, you need to turn a little wider, give less rudder and more aileron and work the throttle more.

The way the 9958 flies takes some getting used to. In full forwards flight, the nose really dips down and the heli beings to swoop towards the ground. You need to increase the throttle substantially to keep things in order, or apply a little backwards elevator. When you approach a turn, the heli will swoop upwards. It's kind of like a pendulum effect, the heli is always swooping up and down, I've seen videos of the MSR flying outdoors and it seems to behave in the same way. It's almost as if you're flying in an invisible bowl.

This thing has momentum and doesn't respond immediately to inputs, you need to fly it accordingly. You need to be thinking a few steps ahead, and you need to start to perform manoeuvres before you want them to happen, if that makes sense. Once you get used to this style of flying, the 9958 is a blast.

This thing is really fast too, once you learn how to control this it's really a fun and challenging heli to fly.

I'll see if I can shoot another outdoors video.
Last edited by Frank_fjs; Jul 12, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:11 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Just had another outdoors flight, this time
This thing is really fast too, once you learn how to control this it's really a fun and challenging heli to fly.

I'll see if I can shoot another outdoors video.
So it sounds like you will be keeping the 9958?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:28 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
[...]This thing is really fast too, once you learn how to control this it's really a fun and challenging heli to fly.[...]
I'm thinking of it like Speedway style of driving compared with precision MotoGP bikes.....
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:33 PM
Argentina, Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata
Joined Jul 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Also my italian friends ordered at MyRcMart and they are still "processing" their orders. Sort of unfair backorder treatment?
I also ordered from Myrcmart and Focalprice, focalprice shipped quickly, but Myrcmart no, so I emailed them lastweek to ask why the delay in processing. and they said:

"The first round of GW9958 all gone. But the second shipment is expected to come next week as we were told by GW factory."

So this week it must be ready to ship i hope.

Someone knows if the 9958 USB Charge Cable From Myrcmart has voltage cut-off circuit? i was looking to buy some to be able to charge the extra batteries that doesn´t have it built-in as the stock one.
Saveyourskin is offline Find More Posts by Saveyourskin
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:39 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveyourskin View Post
Someone knows if the 9958 USB Charge Cable From Myrcmart has voltage cut-off circuit? i was looking to buy some to be able to charge the extra batteries that doesn´t have it built-in as the stock one.
No, it does not. You could buy something like this and it will work: http://www.helipal.com/9c002-010-charger.html

Another outdoor video is uploading. I even crash it into a tree in this one, but escape by applying throttle! I increased the zoom on the camera too.

Yes, I'm keeping this heli, it's growing on me. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I think being so used to the Solo Pro made the 9958 feel a little weird, but once you adjust it really is a fun heli. For under $50 shipped I would declare the 9958 as the best micro single rotor out there, for the price.