HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Thanks found it. I searched crystal and found the later post with the spec.now to see if I can find it local ?
bladebreaker65 is offline Find More Posts by bladebreaker65
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:08 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,338 Posts
I have still been following this thread, but haven't had anything to contribute for a while. I have been neglecting my 9958s, the last time I flew my best one was about a month ago, and I broke a tail motor wire off flush with the can. I had another tail motor, but then decided I needed to replace the main motor at the same time, but did not have a new replacement. I have also been busy with 2 V929s, a V202, and a DIY quad using Syma pcb and motors. I realized that the V929 motors were the right size for the 9958, and the Syma pinions were close, syma x1 pinions have 9 teeth, 9958 has 8. So I got it ready to solder about 3 weeks ago, but I hate soldering those tiny wires. Today I finally did it! Put a used V929 motor with a new X1 pinion on my 9958. And it flew! Could not fly outside because its too windy so I basically hovered inside through a battery. It needs some mechanical trimming because it drifts forward a bit, but had very little TBe and looks like it is going to fly fine So if you add a tooth to the pinion, would that make the head speed faster? I also guess that the motor may have a different rpm too. I will report back when I get a chance to try it outside
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:51 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,844 Posts
My new 9958 is doing much better and more time will improve even better. I like to fly these and buzz around the house for fun. Today flew all three 9958's with my MSR/ MSR-X. I have a six lead charger and makes it easy to charge them all,.. To my delite they all fly fine and had a good time. All are bone stock and fly well. I plan on making an adjustable boom for 9958. The tail will be longer than stock and have means of trying different settings on lenght.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:28 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,696 Posts
Cool. An adjustable boom sounds interesting. Look forward to the pix.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:24 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
I realized that the V929 motors were the right size for the 9958, and the Syma pinions were close, syma x1 pinions have 9 teeth, 9958 has 8. So I got it ready to solder about 3 weeks ago, but I hate soldering those tiny wires. Today I finally did it! Put a used V929 motor with a new X1 pinion on my 9958. And it flew! Could not fly outside because its too windy so I basically hovered inside through a battery. It needs some mechanical trimming because it drifts forward a bit, but had very little TBe and looks like it is going to fly fine So if you add a tooth to the pinion, would that make the head speed faster? I also guess that the motor may have a different rpm too. I will report back when I get a chance to try it outside
Thank you for sharing that experience. I'm sure it will come in handy one of these days, cause I have all the same models. Let us know once you get more test data. I'm curious, because the 9958 motor uses metal 8-t pinion, and you're giving it a nylon 9-t pinion. I wonder what you would say about the performance and noise level.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:52 PM
Weltherrschaft will be mine
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
266 Posts
@E2 Entschuldigung, ich dachte du wärst aus wien, meinte da am anfang des threads ma was gelesen zu haben.... hat mein wirres hirn wohl durcheinander gebracht.
Man braucht halt kleine ziele im leben die man stück für stück erreichen kann(weltherrschaft), leider ist kleptokrat noch keine annerkannte berufgruppenbezeichnung....
borkencorter is offline Find More Posts by borkencorter
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:39 PM
Joined Jun 2008
7 Posts
What do you want for it?
urthlight is offline Find More Posts by urthlight
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:39 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkencorter View Post
@E2 Entschuldigung, ich dachte du wärst aus wien, meinte da am anfang des threads ma was gelesen zu haben.... hat mein wirres hirn wohl durcheinander gebracht.
Man braucht halt kleine ziele im leben die man stück für stück erreichen kann(weltherrschaft), leider ist kleptokrat noch keine annerkannte berufgruppenbezeichnung....
Na dann mal frisch ans Werk, vielleicht schaffst du's ja noch, das zu aendern ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:12 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Jan 2013
96 Posts
May be this is a stupid question but what if you try to put directly a v929 motor with a 11 teeth pinion? The upgrade could be so great.....
connerESP is offline Find More Posts by connerESP
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:54 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,338 Posts
The diameter of the V929 pinion is too large for it to fit into the motor holder and mesh with the gears properly. The X1 pinion just happens to be the right diameter.
As far as using a nylon pinion, if I remember correctly, the nylon to nylon gears on my Syma s107g never wore out. The brass pinions on my other helis seem to wear out all the time, long before the motors.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
wobbles
carbon main shaft ,msr paddle, msr grips and blades, did the solopro swash mod cutting the center and glueng to a stock 58 swash test flight great but wobbles on a deadstick hoover
reinstalled a stock swash wobble be gone . blew crystal (where did that pole come from)
waiting on crystal . moded #2 9958 same only used the solopro complete swash drilled and attached a carbon rod to the swash in correct position for guide rod and canted slightly down
aligned everything and drilled new carbon main shaft to fit flys great . alot more stick but now my wobble at dead stick is back ? I thought my first swash was out of round (freehanding the hole to fit over the stk ring ) now I am not so sure . Any Ideas ?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,696 Posts
Not sure. Nice mods though. Can you post some pictures? I'd like to see your handiwork. Might also get some folks thinking about your problem a little better as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:32 PM
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Be nice to me guys I have been playing with rc helis for all of 4 weeks or so.
ok added 1 shim washer on blade axel filed the exess off were I removed the wide set of link balls on the swash (the narrow set are twice as wide as stock ) wobble is gone . she flys faster than my 911 fwd now and has more cycle 25$ worth of msr parts made this thing come to life !!!
Last edited by bladebreaker65; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebreaker65 View Post
Be nice to me guys I have been playing with rc helis for all of 4 weeks or so.
Lookin' sharp!!!

Have you tried swapping out individual components to see whether that makes a difference?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:24 PM
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Ok I added 1 more washer to the blade axel (2 on 1 side 1on other 1 more made blade too tight) ground down flush were I removed the wide set of ball sockets (narrow set is twice as wide as the stock) now the wobble is gone!! this bird flies faster than my 911 and is more agile now!! these mods are easy to do and about 25$ well worth it. Thanks for the info !
msr paddle blades, msr head, msr carbon main shaft, msr ball links and servo rod ends, modified solopro swash plate
BRAVO SX TAIL ON THE BENCH !!