SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,652 Posts
On my first 9958 it would spin and thought motor was bad. Then looked at it and whole tail assembly was pushed foward from crash. Pulled it back to proper position and glued it and flys fine. Lucky it did not pinch wires. Problem with 9958 boom is to short. If you had a V911 side by side you see V911 tail is about 1/2" longer. Trim will not correct flight turning to right but helps. Little left stick and flys fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:58 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
The Bravo SX tail boom increases the tail length a bit as well.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:21 AM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
Wow that's interesting, my 9958 tail holds perfectly but.. guess what, when I think back, i am not sure but I think I might have replaced the tail with a Bravo SX tail!! Haha... That could sure explain why my 9958 tail is so rock steady

When I compared my friend's 9958 tail motor to the one on my 9958 it did not look the same. I just assumed it was a different revision. And my 9958 doesn't have the tail fin at all. I got sick of it flying off and having to go find it and put it back on, then I realized the heli flies fine without it and left it off

Thanks for the tips!
Hellbore is offline Find More Posts by Hellbore
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:57 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
AFAIK the 9958 doesn't have revisions. At least all of the spare parts I've purchased over the last year haven't shown any differences from the first helis I bought.

If someone knows differently, let me know..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:15 AM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
AFAIK the 9958 doesn't have revisions. At least all of the spare parts I've purchased over the last year haven't shown any differences from the first helis I bought.

If someone knows differently, let me know..
It might. My co-worker's 9958 has a different circuit board. There are slight differences and it has a different number on the back of it (the side touching the frame).
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,652 Posts
Even with 100% stock set-up flying is fine. Correcting flight is no problem and it spins fine either way. I made a trade and looks like I will have an MSR coming. Look foward to see how they compare. MSR has padels on flybar and that would give an advantage. I was going to get a MSR-X but the Mcp-x is slightly more and its a good bird.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
It might. My co-worker's 9958 has a different circuit board. There are slight differences and it has a different number on the back of it (the side touching the frame).
Cool! If you could snap a close-up picture of the front and maybe a couple of the back of the board and post it here, that would be really interesting!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Even with 100% stock set-up flying is fine. Correcting flight is no problem and it spins fine either way. I made a trade and looks like I will have an MSR coming. Look foward to see how they compare. MSR has padels on flybar and that would give an advantage. I was going to get a MSR-X but the Mcp-x is slightly more and its a good bird.
Nice. The MSR is a high-strung bird and is a lot of fun to fly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:32 PM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
I also have an MSR and it's a fantastic little bird. IMO the gold standard for micro FP helis

But then again, my 9958 is less touchy and thus in a way, easier to fly. And my Bravo SX is by far the most relaxing and scale-flying helicopter of the 3. So I guess they all have their strengths

When in doubt collect all 3 :P
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,652 Posts
I fly my 9958's with nano-tech 160ma. and so far not to impressed. Local Ace hardware sells Blade helis and picked up some 150ma 25c batteries and like them big time. I will never/ever buy nano-techs again. several DOA from the start.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I fly my 9958's with nano-tech 160ma. and so far not to impressed. Local Ace hardware sells Blade helis and picked up some 150ma 25c batteries and like them big time. I will never/ever buy nano-techs again. several DOA from the start.
That's interesting. My 160mAh Nano-Techs are just fine for my 9958. I did have one die early out of 12 that I originally ordered but now have 25 cycles on each of them and they're still going fine. I fly my Blade Nanos on the NanoTechs but I don't fly in stunt mode with them. They work fine for all the other helis I have.

The ones that seem to be weaker are the regular Turnigy 160mAhs (non-Nanotech). I've gone to LVC on my MSRX with those a few times at around 3:30 when I always expect 4:00+ minutes with my other battery tpes even when flying outside.

However---I do have the EFlite 150mAhs and they are by far the best that I have right now. My TRex 100X with its weak motor only flies to 4 minutes with these. The other Turnigy batteries (both nanotech and non) can't even keep it up past 2 minutes. When I take my Blade Nanos outside, the ONLY batteries I feed them are the EFlites. I'm REALLY happy with these guys!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Hey, check it out. Banggood is selling a 9968 with a different canopy style:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Gw...r-p-61607.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Wonder if any one can help. Very new to heli's but trying to change tail motor on xieda 9958 but having problems. Does any one have a wiring diagram or picture of the wire up on main circuit board. Would appreciate any help. You can contact me direct trev.waters@btinternet.com.
Cheers
treff is offline Find More Posts by treff
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:14 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treff View Post
Wonder if any one can help. Very new to heli's but trying to change tail motor on xieda 9958 but having problems. Does any one have a wiring diagram or picture of the wire up on main circuit board. Would appreciate any help. You can contact me direct trev.waters@btinternet.com.
Cheers
All 4 motor wires are connected to the main circuitboard at the top front. Near center top is the blue main motor wire, next to that to the right is both main and tail wires connected to the same contact. Just a bit further to the right is the small green tail motor wire. The green tail motor wire and the blue main motor wire have there own contacts while both motors share a contact for the red wires. hope you can see it in the attached photo.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:54 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treff View Post
Cheers
Let me show you a good trick. Go to the top of the page, find the thread tools pull down menu, select show attachmens in this thread. You will find most of the pictures in this post. Among them, you will find what you are looking for. Once you learn how to do this, it will be helpful to you in many occasions.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad