HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Just noticed that HeliPal have added some more parts for the 9958. They have the upper rotor head now and the TX as a separate item: http://www.helipal.com/spare-part_gr...arts_9958.html
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:34 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Argh, queried my order with focalprice, they don't have the upper head assembly that I need and ordered in stock and won't be getting them any time in the foreseeable future.

Why advertise products and accept orders for products that aren't in stock!!!

Think I'm seeing the downfall of such a cheap heli, the manufacturer can't produce enough spare parts and retailers don't have enough stock of them.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
I think you're right. That can be the case with demands for these cheap heli keeping strain on the parts supplies.

But I think the situation will improve. It's still early. And companies like myrcmart were only experimenting with stock levels by ordering like 25 of each initially.

In the mean time, you can grab the lower hub of a mCX2 or mCX and cut/sand the part down to fit the original blades. Or simply purchase a set of mCX2 blades and it'll fit on without any modification needed.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:34 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,754 Posts
I think it's hard to estimate spae stock you need. You can't predict how well a new heli will be received, and what breaks most. And I think the good reviews on sites like these have increased demand. I for one would never have ordered one without reading about it here, and I doubt I'm the only one.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Argh, queried my order with focalprice, they don't have the upper head assembly that I need and ordered in stock and won't be getting them any time in the foreseeable future.

Why advertise products and accept orders for products that aren't in stock!!!

Think I'm seeing the downfall of such a cheap heli, the manufacturer can't produce enough spare parts and retailers don't have enough stock of them.
FP is being very naughty. I was considering ordering 9958 parts but now I'm not sure if its a good idea until actual available stocks are confirmed.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I doubt they will honour my refund too. Granted it was only $1.40 but that's not the point.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,419 Posts
Finally received my heli from Focalprice today, perfect (no customs).
But unfortunately it is also Mode 1
Nevertheless will try some test flights later or tomorrow.

Heli looks quite cool, tail is angular, not roun (hoped on a round one to use the tail motor mounts for mCP x).
No motor plugs, motors soldered to the rx...

Anyway, no complaint for this price.

Tried to bind it to my Spektrum DX6i, did not work (someone has already written this)...

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:36 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
BTW, I opened up the remote controller hoping for a hidden switch to flip from mode 1 to 2. Or vice versa.

I was curious because on the front of the remote, there are a couple of square "plugged" opening that suggest there might be something beneath it. On the remote from E-Flite, these location houses the switch to flip the modes.

Unfortunately, there wasn't anything I could find or see that will allow the mode switch. It would be nice to be able to do so.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
Also, keep in mind that GW makes the 9998 Coaxial helicopter. Some of the parts are likely interchangeable. I believe the lower hub of the 9998 is the same as the main hub for the 9958.

So if you can find stock on that any easier, that's worth a try as well.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,419 Posts
Pfff - thought my tx is broken.
Then I read the manual, 6 batteries

Tried to fly a battery mode 1 - no chance, guess about 10 crashes in 4 minutes
But nothing broken (tail fin and landing gear fell off a few times).

Probably will have to wait for the shipment of MyRcMart.

Walter
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:08 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
Tail fin is always falling off. My friend almost lost his when he crashed outside and it came off. Couldn't find it anywhere initially, until we spotted it in the dirt. I crazy glued the tail and the motor support recently and things have been fine since.

As for the landing gear. I just let it continue to fall off during hard crashes.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:59 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
My landing gear falls off too, not quite a tight enough press fit.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:00 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Warning regarding FocalPrice: GW 9958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
That's troubling esp since their response regarding my Black/Yellow 9958 Tx, it was mode 2. I recommended that they be more clear about mode 1/2 Tx in their description and ordering process to avoid confusion.
Well it seems FP customer service is clueless or just lied regarding 9958 they sold to me having a Mode 2 Tx. I just got mine today and the Tx is Mode 1. I tried to fly & trim it out indoors but stopped because I was crashing too much....scared to break the head since there's no spares. I might try again to learn Mode 1 in a open grass field instead.

I'm a little PO about it and I don't know if its worth the time & shipping expense to try to fight FP for a RMA. I assumed it would be mode 2 base on their pic of the Tx but I should have asked before ordering. I'll purchase from MyRCMart from now on.

Update: I sent a RMA request for all the good it will do.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Jul 18, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:46 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Hey Donald, when your MyRcMart order arrives, you can still use the Focalprice heli, just bind it to the mode 2 TX from MyRcMart.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:53 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Hey Donald, when your MyRcMart order arrives, you can still use the Focalprice heli, just bind it to the mode 2 TX from MyRcMart.
I know, I will wait.

Disassembled the TX yesterday to check, if it would be possible to change the sticks from mode 1 to 2.
Wanted to change sticks (for throttle left) and then unsolder the rudder and aileron cables and solder it to the correct mode 2 position (where they are now - nick and throttle are changed compared to mode 2)

But unfortunately this is not possible.
Inside, everything is fixed, no possibility to unscrew and unsolder the stuff on the board.
But no complain, it is extremely cheap stuff, so I cannot complain about this.

Walter