Old May 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
And on backorder already.
That didn't take long! Like they say, "the early bird gets the worm!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old May 13, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
nice little ...upps.....1340mm glider......hows the performance?
haven't built mine yet, although my SuperFly X is getting close to the top of my build queue, but just too many other models waiting to be built.
Old May 13, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Hey D-tap,
hows your atom?....what is the conn type for the ESC and batt that comes with the package (HK Atom)...dean@xt60?
The little Atom is a real peach, such a sweet flyer in school yard size spaces. The connector is a standard small orange JST BEC type, which is the type of connector is included with small 2S/3S lipos, see my post #64 for a pic of the actual connector included.
Old May 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
The little Atom is a real peach, such a sweet flyer in school yard size spaces. The connector is a standard small orange JST BEC type, which is the type of connector is included with small 2S/3S lipos, see my post #64 for a pic of the actual connector included.
did you put ailerons on your atom?
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old May 13, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
did you put ailerons on your atom?

No, I'm going to leave it stock 3 channel, I don't want to make it any heavier, as it flies so nice the way it is. I have lots of other EZ style models with 4 channels so no need.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:07 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Coming back to the BMI Arrow there is now a dedicated thread for the 1400mm version of the AXN Floater/Clouds Fly here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640298 As could be expected the 1400mm version is reported to glide quite a bit better than the 1200mm AXN by those flying both side-by-side.

BMI also sells another, still larger version with 1500mm wing span here: http://www.bmi-models.com/index.php?...ow_1500/6/4620

- Mark
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old May 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc View Post
Coming back to the BMI Arrow there is now a dedicated thread for the 1400mm version of the AXN Floater/Clouds Fly here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640298 As could be expected the 1400mm version is reported to glide quite a bit better than the 1200mm AXN by those flying both side-by-side.

BMI also sells another, still larger version with 1500mm wing span here: http://www.bmi-models.com/index.php?...ow_1500/6/4620

- Mark

Just ordered! The RC Aerodyn special promotion is still valid, so how can one resist the buy 1 and get 1 free PNF BMI Arrow 1400,

too good to pass up. My total was $123.78 shipped for 2 kits to So Cal.

http://www.scaleflying.com/Glider-14...ly_p_2031.html
Last edited by Doubletap; Aug 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2001
145 Posts
Is the wing on the solo 1500 glued in?
What about the other clones?
cloudbuster is offline Find More Posts by cloudbuster
Old May 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Is the wing on the solo 1500 glued in?
What about the other clones?
None of these have permanently attached wings, that wouldn't make any sense. most of these EZ style models have the standard 2 piece plug-in style wings using interference fit to retain the panels, but my SOP is to use a section of clear hockey stick grip tape on the seam between the wing panel and the fuselage wing root, which keeps the panels attached securely but allows easy removal if desired, although, I leave my wings attached for most of my planes, there is no reason really to detach them, which is a hassle to continually connect and disconnect the servo connector, I only disassemble my largest models which are 2.5 meter span and larger, to facilitate transportation.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Dec 2001
145 Posts
I could swear I read the solo1500 wing was glued in. That's why I asked.

Do you also have the sirius 1500
http://www.bevrc.com/sirius-the-best...ters_p281.html
and the 1400 Glider
http://www.scaleflying.com/Glider-14...ly_p_2032.html

If you would have to do a list from good to worse what plane would take the top from the ones you have flown.
small description of mod if they need them or stock form.
cloudbuster is offline Find More Posts by cloudbuster
Old May 30, 2012, 01:32 PM
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
None of these have permanently attached wings, that wouldn't make any sense. most of these EZ style models have the standard 2 piece plug-in style wings using interference fit to retain the panels, but my SOP is to use a section of clear hockey stick grip tape on the seam between the wing panel and the fuselage wing root, which keeps the panels attached securely but allows easy removal if desired, although, I leave my wings attached for most of my planes, there is no reason really to detach them, which is a hassle to continually connect and disconnect the servo connector, I only disassemble my largest models which are 2.5 meter span and larger, to facilitate transportation.
hockey stick grip tape sounds like a good idea. Do you have to change this tape often?

I always have to take the wings apart as I cannot get my plane to fit in my toyota camry's trunk! - so I have been looking at options. Someone tipped me to use 3M clear mounts on wings and rubber bands - I am thinking to use it!
sahil80 is offline Find More Posts by sahil80
Old May 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil80 View Post
hockey stick grip tape sounds like a good idea. Do you have to change this tape often?

I always have to take the wings apart as I cannot get my plane to fit in my toyota camry's trunk! - so I have been looking at options. Someone tipped me to use 3M clear mounts on wings and rubber bands - I am thinking to use it!
I just leave the tape on unless it gets damaged then I replace it, but so far, I never really have to replace it on any of my models, and I like the adhesive because it leaves practically no residue. and it is inexpensive, a large roll can be had at Big Five sporting goods for I think a couple of bucks.
Old May 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil80 View Post
Check out the AXN thread - lots of creative ideas on fixing the wings in there, some really elaborate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972336

- Mark
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old May 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
I just leave the tape on unless it gets damaged then I replace it, but so far, I never really have to replace it on any of my models, and I like the adhesive because it leaves practically no residue. and it is inexpensive, a large roll can be had at Big Five sporting goods for I think a couple of bucks.
What brand tape are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc View Post
Check out the AXN thread - lots of creative ideas on fixing the wings in there, some really elaborate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972336

- Mark
That's a loooooooong thread man! - I will someday spend a few hours searching for it. Do you have any summary in mind?
sahil80 is offline Find More Posts by sahil80