HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Cool
ET Announces High Resolution Standalone Altimeter V4, $37.99!

We are pleased to announce our Altimeter MicroSensor V4. It is a step up from our Altimeter V3, with much higher resolution (+/- 1 foot) and improved stability through changing temperatures.

The Altimeter V4 has two modes: it works standalone with no additional equipment required, as well as being fully compatible with our eLogger V4/V3, OSD Pro, and PowerPanel LCD products.

In standalone mode, when you land, your maximum altitude will display on the built-in 7 segment LED. For example, if you flew to 281 feet, the unit will display “2 – 8 - 1” repeatedly. No configuration, additional equipment, or computer required!

Or, connect your Altimeter V4 to any of our eLogger products for full display, logging and graphing of your flight’s speed or altitude! You can even use the Altimeter V4 your own Firmware/Microcontroller project.

The Altimeter V4 (p/n ALTIMETER-V4) has the same low price as the altimeter V3 ($37.99 USD, MSRP).

Please click here for more information!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Jul 18, 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: ET Announces High Resolution Standalone Altimeter V4, $37.99!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:40 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
more to come!
EagleLink?
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:45 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Nope.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:39 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,803 Posts
I received mine today and tried it with the V3 and standard OSD. I thought it would be a direct plug-in replacement for the previous altimeter but it required a firmware update of both the V3 and OSD. The V3 and OSD intially updated OK but during the OSD setup screen there was a "buffer overflow". After that the V3 would not recognize that the OSD was connected. I tried a second V3 and it would not recognize the OSD either.

I finally replaced the OSD and went back to the earlier firmware version and the older altimeter. I would like to be using the V4 Altimeter but I suspect there is something wrong with the latest firmware and I'm not going to risk another system that is working.

OMM
Old Man Mike is offline Find More Posts by Old Man Mike
Last edited by Old Man Mike; Jul 22, 2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Mike, sorry to hear about the issue!

I think the problem is an issue with the new software and the text OSD. We're working on a repro here now.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Mike, sorry to hear about the issue!

I think the problem is an issue with the new software and the text OSD. We're working on a repro here now.
Take a close look at how it behaves when changing the names from a default name like "Alt". If you change it to "Ht", it seems sensitive to weither you use the delete key or backspace to enter the new text.

Also, there were residual numbers that showed up in front of the motor current display. For example, it would show 165.1 instead of 5.1 amps. It was correctly recording 5.1 amps so the problem was in the OSD.

If you think you have isolated the problem and corrected it, I would be willing to give it a try on the V3 and standard OSD that is currently working. I also have a V4 with standard OSD but again after losing one OSD I'm reluctant to jepardize that system.

Is there a way to restore the firmware in the OSD that is no longer working?

OMM
Old Man Mike is offline Find More Posts by Old Man Mike
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, NJ, Kinnelon
Joined Aug 2005
43 Posts
Eagle Tree Altitude reads wrong???

I know this is an old thread, but my V4 seems to read double the actual altitude. I called them and left a message about it but no response.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks.
howieb38 is offline Find More Posts by howieb38
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi, where are you seeing the double altitude? On an OSD/eLogger, or on the altimeter's LED itself? Also, note that the default scale is English (feet). If a 0 is displayed on the LED at first, it is in feet, but if a 1 is displayed, it is in metric.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2013, 08:46 PM
Canada, ON, Innisfil
Joined Aug 2010
474 Posts
Hi Billpa, is my Altimeter supposed to always "flash" the number 8 when it is plugged into my eLogger board?

Even after a flight it still flashes 8.

Just curious why or what this meant?

Thanks
Tim

(I also confirmed that upon powerup it does show zero briefly and then starts flashing 8 constantly).
Thorvald is offline Find More Posts by Thorvald
Last edited by Thorvald; Apr 30, 2013 at 08:55 PM.