SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2011, 04:44 AM
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
Discussion
Which 4-blades rotor head for my Trex450pro ?

Hi guys, I'm building my little-bird 450 size scale heli. I've already got the scale tail rotor head from flying-hobby ( the last 4-blade tail rotor head of flying hobby ).

I bought a 4-blades rotor head from hobbyking, its quality is quite good but the grips arm don't have thrust bearing and control (phasing) arm doesn't have bearing and i think they will loosen soon. It also is a rigid rotor head so at the beginning it's not easy for me to control my heli (but it's ok now ^ ^ )

Now I'm finding another 4-blades rotor head. I like a floating rotor head better but a rigid 4-blades rotor head with thrust bearing also is ok for me.

So can you give me some recommended - rotor head and where can I buy it. Some sites seem never have thier product instock eventhouth you can see that product on the web

Thanks for reading my bad English
Kira Nakazato is offline Find More Posts by Kira Nakazato
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:34 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,059 Posts
Well i also have the HK four bladed head i've had it for about 5 months that phase arm will not come loose be Here,s another one you can try http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...450-etc/Detail i have the three bladed one and its nice hope this help,s
EC-135 (4 min 45 sec)
heres a video of mine
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:33 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,866 Posts
The only 450 4 blade head I'm aware of with thrust bearings in the grips is the copterx floating grip head. I was considering doing a bearing change in the floater's grips and assembing them to my CopterX solid head that comes stock only with radial bearing grips, but the examples I have seem to work just fine as-is, so I didnt bother.

On the 450 size helis, they become somewhat of a handful non-stablized due to small size/weight. If you want better manners, it is better to just get a FBL controller. The BeastX is quite a nice unit at a great price.

If you want to get a better swash follower, check out the Heliartist swash driver at flying-hobby. The design lends itself to a nice tight setup with no rotational slop. It does need 2 4mm ID .01mm shims added to the link arm area, and a .02mm 5mm ID shim added to the driver arm area to take up slop in it (Tamiya has packs of these). Once this is done that swash driver really makes these heads very solid in comparison to the plastic washout arm type of setup.
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
Thanks for your help

I will try an CopteX floating head .
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:19 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,866 Posts
Just note that the floater will not make a large difference in the way the heli behaves, and will not work ideally with a fbl controller, so for the price they want for that...might be a waste of money. With a quality CopterX 4 blade rigid head going for $25.00, the price they want for the floater is somewhat out of line
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jun 11, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
Just note that the floater will not make a large difference in the way the heli behaves, and will not work ideally with a fbl controller, so for the price they want for that...might be a waste of money. With a quality CopterX 4 blade rigid head going for $25.00, the price they want for the floater is somewhat out of line
Thanks for sharing your experince. In fact I can fly quite well with my rigid head from HK now, I just want to have more experience with other head to compare their quality and thier price/perfomance value. I'm an engineer so I like to "play" with mechanic parts.