HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jonnyspeed, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:30 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
Discussion
Stripped servo

Was able to get out and fly again finally this past week. Unfortunately I stripped the elevator servo on my Extra 300. Luckily I caught it during pre-flight before my 3rd flight of the day. It must have happened during my 2nd flight because I had a crazy landing out of nowhere. I was running the stock JR Sport MN48's all around. I wish I would have used Hitech 225mg's. I replaced it with a JR 3421 Digital MG, which is an awesome servo. Heading to the field tomorrow morning weather permitting.
jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:02 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
Update

The JR 3421 Digital MG is a great little servo. It has tons of holding power and makes the elevator "feel" locked in. If I were building the Extra again I would go straight to the MG servo. If you are doing serious 3D you might just want to go MGs all the way around. The recommended JR Sport plastic gear servo just isn't up to the load on the Elev and Rud IMHO.
jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed