HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:39 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
Here are a few color schemes I'm considering. All photoshopped from the last photo I took of the bipe.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:06 AM
Joined Oct 2010
33 Posts
looking great, what power system u r thinking to use on it.

keep up the good work
sbfaisal is offline Find More Posts by sbfaisal
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:22 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Personal vote: Go with either #1 or #4. Like them BOTH on this plane. Maybe try black edges on the blue patterns on #1 would make it a clear winner to me. Looking Good!
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:43 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
I vote for #1 or #2.

Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:14 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,495 Posts
An attractive, seemingly well thought out model. Been wanting to build a nice aerobatic (not 3D) bipe. Will be considering this one.

My vote is cast for #2. It has a touch of originality. Awesome job on the photoshopping work on all of them.

Any thoughts about landing gear?

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfaisal View Post
looking great, what power system u r thinking to use on it.

keep up the good work
I'm going with this motor: AX 1806N 2100kv.

It's what I used on the prototype. On 2s with a 6 inch prop it draws just under 10A generating roughly 250g of thrust. That's why my target weight is 200g. It also gives me the option to move up to 3s which would draw roughly 15A generating more than 300g of thrust.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:21 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
Here's another color scheme that I've found that looks really nice.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Any thoughts about landing gear?
I'm still figuring that one out. I'm planning on making the wings removable (hence the split cabane struts). Now I find myself having to figure out how to take out the wings with the landing gear in the way.

One method that I've been thinking is to make the wheels removable. Sandwich the wires/rods between sheets of depron and make a slot that would fit in the fuse and you should be able to just slide the wheels in and out.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:14 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
I like that motor with a 2s gws 7035...
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:19 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
OK, made the wheels tonight. Used coat hangar wire for the struts sandwiched between pieces of 6mm depron.

Cut a slot on the bottom of the fuse for the landing gear to slide in. 6mm depron walls are epoxied in place. I had to use epoxy because I needed the alignment to be perfect for a tight fit and I didn't have much access to the internals of the fuse. Now we wait for the epoxy to cure in 12 hours.

Need to go to bed now. Got to wake up early for work tomorrow.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Slebetman, nice work!!!!. Thank you so much for sharing your plans and build pictures with us. I have already downloaded the plans, and I have most of the raw materials on hand.
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:56 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
Slebetman, nice work!!!!. Thank you so much for sharing your plans and build pictures with us. I have already downloaded the plans, and I have most of the raw materials on hand.
The plans are about 95% complete at the moment. You can, if you want to, start a build with the current plans (like I did) but you'll have to read my build carefully to see how I did the missing pieces.

I'll update the plans soon now that my build is mostly done.

Talking about plans.. I noticed some people prefer to print just half of everything: half a wing, half a fuse etc. Partly this is to save paper but some people also find it easier to cut just half a template and flip it over to mirror it for better symmetry. Anyone interested in that version of the plan? It would take me roughly 10 minutes to do.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:22 AM
tree scavenger
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2006
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slebetman
...about plans...some people prefer to print just half....Anyone interested in that version of the plan? ...take me roughly 10 minutes to do.
Absolutely!
Tiled, in 'Letter' Pls !?
...thinking of trying one in epp, here, soon,, maybe,,,

nice gear rig, tried a similar method on my mini cub, employing a tight, slide in fit, wasnt road tested tho,,

Lookin Good!
silentsurfer is offline Find More Posts by silentsurfer
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,405 Posts
OK got her painted. Decided to go with the classic sunburst color scheme. Tried to do the curved version but gave up because it was too hard to mask.

I use regular spray can lacquer from the hardware store. As long as you keep the can an arm's length away while spraying and slowly count to 10 between spraying each successive layer it shouldn't eat up too much foam. In fact, on parts of foam with the skin still on (ie. not sanded) it shouldn't eat depron at all.