SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:27 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
I'm using the Mega 16/35/1 which I beleive should have the same diam/lenth shaft.

Yes the gearbox comes with the pinion.
The 3650 flange fits perfect on mine.
If you can get the KPG27, the shaft is 6mm (32/6 spinner). The KPG25 is 5mm (32/5 spinner).

Bill
according to Bill, the 3650 fits perfect ...

OK, so it seems, you can use the 3500 and dremel up the hole to fit Megas, or you can use the 3650.

Bill, the mega motors have 10mm mount ring, and the 3650 flansche has a hole 10.6mm, is that ok, shouldnt the motor ring be the same size as the hole of the adapterflansche, this way the motor cant move in that direction at all, this makes the motor stay put in sideway no matter how much torqe the motor produce, if the hole on the flansche is a little bit bigger, then it is only the two M3 screws holding/center the motor on place..

Did you have to shorten the shaft on your mega 16/35/1 Bill ? It seems my shaft on the mega 16/40/1 is a little bit to long, and I dont like cutting shafts.
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 28, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:31 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
OK, so if I understand it all right, you are going to use the 3500 on your mega 16/40/1 , and dremel the hole up a bit.

But you have to cut a piece of the shaft away on your mega. otherwise its to long.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:16 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
according to Bill, the 3650 fits perfect ...

OK, so it seems, you can use the 3500 and dremel up the hole to fit Megas, or you can use the 3650.

Bill, the mega motors have 10mm mount ring, and the 3650 flansche has a hole 10.6mm, is that ok, shouldnt the motor ring be the same size as the hole of the adapterflansche, this way the motor cant move in that direction at all, this makes the motor stay put in sideway no matter how much torqe the motor produce, if the hole on the flansche is a little bit bigger, then it is only the two M3 screws holding/center the motor on place..

Did you have to shorten the shaft on your mega 16/35/1 Bill ? It seems my shaft on the mega 16/40/1 is a little bit to long, and I dont like cutting shafts.
On my motor, acording to my measurements and dry fit, The shaft lenth is perfect. As a matter of fact, it's too perfect, so I will be taking a mm or so off the end of my shaft because even though it dosen't touch, I think it's too close to touching for my comfort. I have no idea if there's any variation between motors. I think if mine was even a 1/2mm longer it would bottom out.

I sent the 3600 back so I can't compare them now. I don't see any issues with my 16/35/1 fitting without mods. I have no idea about the 16/40/1.

I also have not even had a chance to start on any part of my X-plane yet.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:26 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,183 Posts
Jacko,what's "MK-1 motor mount"?
It looks way too cool.
You did such a good build,I wish I could do the same work.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:28 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
My vote is to go back flying for a month, then return to making kick ass toys for a few days, before taking another flying break for a few weeks...

MK2 motor mount trial fit, Mk1 was drilled for KPG25, KPG27 has different mount bolt spacing, doh, found some 125 thou T6 to make it from.

The small prop, 14.5x14, looks massive on the front, the 16x17 that is the end game prop is gonna be hugemongous!
Any chance I can buy the MK1 mount from you? I'm gonna use a KPG25...
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,183 Posts
Sebbe,I will install You motor mount ,so You'll have more time to,not to work.Do You plan to use KPG27 ,or some other box?
Yuri.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Sebbe,I will install You motor mount ,so You'll have more time to,not to work.Do You plan to use KPG27 ,or some other box?
Yuri.
THANKS Yuri, Install the motor mount permanent, STRONG and beefy please. I will run serious powers

What material/thickness are you using ? is there an option, like carbon
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 28, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Oh YES...

I will run the KPG 27 + RFM spinner 32/6....

Thanks....
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 28, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Yuri, you dont happen to have just the white spinnerpart/top of the RFM 32/6..

This is the one I have:
http://shop.modellbau-freudenthaler....kir17lpfmp9q57

Is the white top removable ? well if you have one spare top, and dont mind give it a matching yellow or black paint, and send it with the plane, I can pay you extra for it, NP.

I hate the white colour..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:13 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Quote:
Yuri, you dont happen to have just the white spinnerpart/top of the RFM 32/6..

This is the one I have:
http://shop.modellbau-freudenthaler....kir17lpfmp9q57

Is the white top removable ? well if you have one spare top, and dont mind give it a matching yellow or black paint, and send it with the plane, I can pay you extra for it, NP.

I hate the white colour..
I have a white 38/5 and the white tip is not removable... it is fastened to the spinner with a strip of CF and epoxy.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
I have a white 38/5 and the white tip is not removable... it is fastened to the spinner with a strip of CF and epoxy.
Aha, Ok I learn all the time, guess I have to paint my own....
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:02 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
I think you'd be surprised. I have the same RFM 38/6 spinner, and the cone part come loose on one landing in long grass. Not even a jarring hit. I seem to remember this being a usual failure, as the carbon strip wouldn't bond well to the aluminum yoke of the spinner.

I applied JB Weld and it has stayed secured ever since. But i'm confident that with the proper coaxing you could get the spinner apart.

Kid
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Then you have these: http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...for-6mm-shafts

Where the cone (plastic) is detachable, and where you can get other colors as spare parts:

"What colour cone is supplied & available?

All spinners are supplied with black cones, not white as shown in many of the illustrations. Extra cones are available in yellow, red, and orange, to match the Vladimir's Models standard gelcoat colours. Get them from the spares section."
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:32 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Yuri, Im going to bed now, late night here in Sweden..

Glue the motormount in for a KPG 27 gearbox, make it really strong, and if there is a choise of material, use the strongest you have and the one that will stick to epoxi best.

Good night...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,183 Posts
Quote:
Yuri, Im going to bed now, late night here in Sweden..

Glue the motormount in for a KPG 27 gearbox, make it really strong, and if there is a choise of material, use the strongest you have and the one that will stick to epoxi best.

Good night...
Can I use thesehttp://www.amazon.com/Diara-size-10-.../dp/B0002OI1NMfor Your motor mount?
Very strong and convenient ,You can get any size for same price
Yuri.