SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 03:26 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,357 Posts
I can confirm that RASA 15x18 and Graupner 32/5 spinner is an impossible combination as the thick root of the RASA won't let it fold because the alu backplate of the spinner is in the way. Ordering new plastic cones for my HM spinners soon as those are perfect for the RASA.
Graupner spinner and RFM 16x17slim is perfect, though.
I like the spinner a lot - it's a collet type spinner and don't have the grubs....

The "best looking" spinner - the Hyper with the offset middle piece is resting on the shelf - not sure if I'll venture / doing QC on that one and risk a total disaster. Well... In fact I'm sure - I won't!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Dec 26, 2011 at 04:09 AM. Reason: added pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:44 AM
What is Highspeed ?
Germany, BY, Bergen
Joined Feb 2011
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
I can confirm that RASA 15x18 and Graupner 32/5 spinner is an impossible combination as the thick root of the RASA won't let it fold because the alu backplate of the spinner is in the way. Ordering new plastic cones for my HM spinners soon as those are perfect for the RASA.
Graupner spinner and RFM 16x17slim is perfect, though.
I like the spinner a lot - it's a collet type spinner and don't have the grubs....

The "best looking" spinner - the Hyper with the offset middle piece is resting on the shelf - not sure if I'll venture / doing QC on that one and risk a total disaster. Well... In fact I'm sure - I won't!
http://www.reisenauer.de/artikelauswahl.php5?kid=69
can stay on it if you not more than 100 kg
can wash them in the dishwasher
and the turbo nose is so concepted inside its like a turbine - shovels and presses the fresh air to the motor. best aircondition for motor.
and middlepeaces are the same - very good quality

nice day everybody
rolf
Rolf D. is offline Find More Posts by Rolf D.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,357 Posts
Back to having serious servo problems again
One of the flap servos gets the jitters and suddenly locks in fully deployed position. Need to put it on another channel to get it back to neutral. Sometines it pops back but sometimes it stays locked.....
Now I'm not sure if it's the servo or if it's related to the radio. Need to plug in another servo to see if the trouble continues. Done this before and it was ok, but I have to get to the bottom of this issue now! The X is grounded until the problem is sorted out.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 06:23 PM
silicon valley CA
Joined Mar 2004
436 Posts
I have had the exact same thing happen to me on a flap. In my case it was a bad connection in the servo plug (there were only a few strands between the plug and the wire holding it together). I would double check the wiring to that servo from end-to-end (plugs, extensions, solder joints). Goodluck, get that thing back into the air!
combatflier is offline Find More Posts by combatflier
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:26 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,337 Posts
Last week I had a similar problem man (different plane), thought Id busted a servo, It was buzzing intermitantly, but wouldnt move when told too.

So I traced it back to a sh*t solder joint on a multiplex 6 pin connector (that I had soldered years ago!) resoldered it and thought "joy!"

It now buzzed continuously, but wouldnt move.... Doh!

So I busted the servo out of the epoxy, snapped the poor DS09 in half and made a mess of the servo bay in the wing...

Then looked at the Rx, and I had it plugged into the wrong channel....

I have 3 weeks of nothing to do but fly toy planes now, AWESOME... Good thing it looks like a cyclone is coming
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:54 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
That's where I'm at too!! I went for my next flight after my remaiden, and a flap servo was stuck in the fully deployed possition.......sound familiar?? I fiddled with the wires....nothing. It was the servo that popped off when I crashed. Those little Hyperion's cases are so thin. If you put a finger on them when they're working, you can feel the gears move. I think I must have left a hair or something under the case when I glued it back in. I have a new one on order, and was able to get the old one out OK. I'll try to make a smooth bed for the new one.......basic stuff
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,357 Posts
Seems like another case of history repeating itself. Very strange - but with guys running basically the same setups maybe not that unexpected after all?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:01 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,357 Posts
Tried different mixes of channels and servos plus checking the harness for bad solderings. Conclusion: servo fault! Ordering a new btw. it will be the last Hyperion I get. 5 flaws out of 8 don't make nice statistics...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:20 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,357 Posts
Happy New Year to every X-dude out there, and Yuri the most! Let's make 2012 X-traordinary!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:09 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Happy New Year to every X-dude out there, and Yuri the most! Let's make 2012 X-traordinary!
X-traordinary it is.

I am planning to finish my next project in 2012.
And even have a name for her -"ARMAGEDDON"
Happy New Year everybody
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:11 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
X-traordinary it is.

I am planning to finish my next project in 2012.
And even have a name for her -"ARMAGEDDON"
Happy New Year everybody
Yuri.
Sounds dangerous! Looking forward to seeing it
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:54 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Happy New Year to all X'ers.

Tomorrow morning I'll be out ther with my X-citement flying off my hangover and thinking about Armegedons.
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:59 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,275 Posts
Happy New Year from New Orleans......it's crazy here to say the least.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:01 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Happy new year guys!

Can I order one yet Yuri?
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:10 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
2012 should be good!! Can't wait to get my new servo and rip it up!! I want to see lots of X videos from the crew
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger