HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:37 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Here is a pic of a friend of mine today at a field I usually fly at.

Unusual for us.............global warming!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
I bet you it's going to melt

Congrats on getting the X back up!
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
I got it up.

Seems like I've been working on this rehab for a while but I got my X into the air today.............and it felt good

For the last few weeks, I felt like I was just hours away from finishing. I would then discover I had an X-tra project to do to do it right. Today, I thought I was near the end, when a test fire revealed a bad ESC. That didn't show up during tests weeks ago. I was all charged up and ready to go, but more soldering and programming and making sure props were right for my new batts. Got it all done late and headed to a field I haven't flown at in several months. As I was getting nearer to the field it was getting darker...started to rain.......getting windy I got to the muddy field with rain falling......and thought, what would a sane man do.......Well that didn't work for me, so I put the plane together, and launched........X-stacy Did about 8 power ups.....trimmed it up and got some ideas for next flight. Got to land 10 feet away ( which was a good thing, because there was a new corn field next to the field I hadn't noticed ) and feel really good I didn't give up on my crashed X. If my Enigma is a truck....the X is a sports car...........it's back
I love happy endings
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:32 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,177 Posts
^ Rcgroups needs a like button
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:16 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Thanks for the empathy guys!!! The more I had to dig into the airframe of an X..........the more I am impressed with Yuris' building skills............everything was soooo tight and clean. This plane felt like the perfect blend of F5D and F5B today..........I'm just really glad to have it back!!!!
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:41 PM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the empathy guys!!! The more I had to dig into the airframe of an X..........the more I am impressed with Yuris' building skills............everything was soooo tight and clean. This plane felt like the perfect blend of F5D and F5B today..........I'm just really glad to have it back!!!!
I suppose crashing is at least one way to see how an aircraft is constructed.

I think you just might be a hero of sorts now. You took the "ex" out of your X-Plane
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:44 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,260 Posts
Charger: congrats!!!! I know the ammount of hours a project like this takes, and all the details you check and double check...
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:55 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
Congrats Charger! Glad to hear it's back and flying.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:30 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Thanks guys for your support!! If it wasn't for your personal enthusiasm in Yuri's project, it would have been easier to leave this repair on the bench. It is an Awesome plane, and worthy of whatever effort you need to do to get it up. It is a perfect plane for advanced flyers!!!!!

I do have a request..........I would like to know how much each of your motor/ESC combo weighs. I think I have a heavy combo, and have worked around it, but would like to know how other combos weigh in...............Thanks soo much!!
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:49 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Of lesser importance.............nice to know All Up Weights?????
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:01 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,177 Posts
Mine (16/35/1.5R with the 4S 2200 Hyperion 45C) was 1230 grams from memory, was only a couple of grams difference with the Neu 5S 2000.

My X was 2x carbon BTW.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Dec 04, 2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 02:11 AM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Of lesser importance.............nice to know All Up Weights?????
I have been intending on getting a scale. I think I will shop for one right now. But I probely won't get it for a few weeks...no help right now
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:23 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,260 Posts
ARC 28-58-1/KPG25 weighs 238g with heatsink attached.

AUW was initially 1.274 grams with GensACE 5S2200 55c lipo, but I think the repair has added a few grams.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=912
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Dec 05, 2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:29 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,114 Posts
Wow Charger!
She looks even better then new.
If You keep fixing her this way whole fuse will be matching spinner
Advantage of unpainted carbon.
My "X" weight is 1080gr single carbon with 5S NEU 2100mha.
She is not as strong as Yours,but I am trying not to crash as hard as all You do
My two crashes was due to stupid low flying ,making loop at 3 feet above the ground was not a good idea.And another one was RX antennas slide inside of the fuse,remarkable ,plane was just a few yards a front of me.I have had one more crash of some sort,plane went out of site and disappeared in foggy air.
I found her,colorful tail worked well just like GPS ,needed shovel to dig plane from greasy dirt but after long warm shower and inspection I figured ,there was no damage at all.Another ,Oregon living advantage.

Hey guys ,You doing such a great jobs fixing planes,if You ever need some parts ,please let me know.I am not at full speed of making anything now ,but
working my butt off at least to start ....to many projects for 24 hours day time.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:42 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
I've got both Jacko's and My X drives at my place at the moment.

Both are 16/35/1 with kpg27 + cc125.

Mine is 285grams with connectors on the esc. Jacko's is 320, but he has a pretty big heatsink on it.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic