HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:40 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,142 Posts
Ready for take 2 tommorrow. New PC is up and running, edits HD videos like weapon!

Ill see if I can get some better footage
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:09 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Bill,I have not these them yet ,but found that Neu FAI 5S 2100mha batt is just PERFECT
for X-plane.
You certainly can go ahead with 1800mha for drop in replacement of Your 4S.to avoid plane re balancing .
Yuri
I think I settled it. I will get one of each an see which way I like it.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:22 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Ready for take 2 tommorrow. New PC is up and running, edits HD videos like weapon!

Ill see if I can get some better footage
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Arcteryxxx ,, I have those spinner to, did order them a while ago, but I didnt thougt they where made for highpower applications, maybee they are ?

The cranked yoke makes the spinners take less power then straight ones, have you read somewhere about these spinners to be ok with this kind of power ?

Your X looks very sharp
I am sorry to say that i would agree with this. I have not tried the Hyperflight spinners but they clearly say these parts are not suited to high power applications and i think they mean it.

We have seen plenty of failures of the RFM offset yokes. Those are also a lot thicker then the strait ones but this is not what makes a yoke strong. As with metal all you need is a weak spot and the rest will just tear away like it was not even there.

This spinner system does not have the threaded bolts like the RFM system. That is a good thing!!! But i am not convinced that this will mean the yoke will stay in one piece

Add to this that this Rasa 15x18 prop seems to have pritty chunky blades with more mass then an RFM 15x16 or 16x17 slim. So you are stressing the yoke even more.

So with the setup Arcteryxxx is suggesting, i would say probably not a good idea. Fine on 5S but when you move to 6S......... BANG!!!! and the whole plane is gone.

jjmouris is offline Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:41 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris View Post
I am sorry to say that i would agree with this. I have not tried the Hyperflight spinners but they clearly say these parts are not suited to high power applications and i think they mean it.

We have seen plenty of failures of the RFM offset yokes. Those are also a lot thicker then the strait ones but this is not what makes a yoke strong. As with metal all you need is a weak spot and the rest will just tear away like it was not even there.

This spinner system does not have the threaded bolts like the RFM system. That is a good thing!!! But i am not convinced that this will mean the yoke will stay in one piece

Add to this that this Rasa 15x18 prop seems to have pritty chunky blades with more mass then an RFM 15x16 or 16x17 slim. So you are stressing the yoke even more.

So with the setup Arcteryxxx is suggesting, i would say probably not a good idea. Fine on 5S but when you move to 6S......... BANG!!!! and the whole plane is gone.

Hi Joe!
Is this from experience with that exact spinner or an assumption? (this is supposed to take more than the previous version, and they have added "Power" to the name...)
Might be the right time to send some Q by eMail to the vendor....
Which spinner would you suggest, btw?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Aug 25, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:54 PM
Germany
Joined Jul 2010
484 Posts
I use an RFM 30mm spinner in my Excite, as I was not aware of any other options. It is an old style straight yoke. If the hyperflight ones are strong enough they seem like a nicer choice.
Kwahn is offline Find More Posts by Kwahn
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:02 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,236 Posts
*Mail sent to Hyperflight Customer Service*
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:03 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Hi Joe!
Is this from experience with that exact spinner or an assumption? (this is supposed to take more than the previous version, and they have added "Power" to the name...)
Might be the right time to send some Q by eMail to the vendor....
Which spinner would you suggest, btw?
No experiance with those.

Indeed i would ask Vladimir for more information.

My recommendation? HM Spinner 32mm yoke/spinner. Blades fold less nice but who cares?!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=hm+spinner
jjmouris is offline Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:04 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,142 Posts
16x17 goes fast

Not massive jump from the 14.5x14, but definetly faster.

Have become used to the way she leaps now, ready for 5S, was starting to get into the groove with it this arvo, Barrrp woosh Baarp woosh

Bit of a tweak to the programming and its much nicer to land now, its seriously a pussycat when it needs to be, flick the switch and it becomes a lion with a rocket up its bum. Loving the X!

10kg bungee launch from shoulder height is walk in the park, flicks off the end at a decent pace, no obvious torque rolling once the go switch is flicked.

Got some more video to look through later, was filmed at 60fps, will see if it makes a difference.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:24 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,111 Posts
5S5S5S

Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:48 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,142 Posts
Dooooo it, get a perm

Instant Kiwi ad by DDB (0 min 30 sec)

New video it uploading... Fast Dot
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:38 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,746 Posts
http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...ead-this-first

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the cranked hub put any extra stress on the blades?

Yes, there is some evidence that the cranked nature of these spinners DOES increase the stress on the blades. To be on the safe side we recommend that the max safe RPM of the blades is reduced by 25% below the manufacturer's normal recommendation.
-------------------------------------------

I wouldnt put serious power threw them..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:40 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post

10kg bungee launch from shoulder height is walk in the park, flicks off the end at a decent pace, no obvious torque rolling once the go switch is flicked.
When you release her, does she pull straight, or a bit up with the nose ?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:07 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,142 Posts
Goes like a bolt out of a cross bow, unfortunatly forgot to turn the camera on till halfway through the flight.

If you thinking about bungee launching your X, just do it, get a decent bungee (hosemonster) and simply pull it back. Its totally pain free, not scary or dodgy. The models dont get a chance to get upset or in funky orientations, no matter where the hook is, as they go from 0-100mph in well under a second.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:22 AM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Hey Jacko,
Can you post a photo of your tow hook on your X Plane please?

Is it just glued to the outside with no other changes?

Thanks
Peter
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M