HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:38 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Overall Im satisfied, except one thing , its the horn for elavator, its drilled so there is just very thin material on one side, I can crack it with my finger, will dremel that horn away, and glue in a bigger stronger with a accurate center hole and at leat 1.5mm of material on both sides...
You may be able to crack it with your finger when pushing lengthwise, but all that matters is the horn's ability to sustain pressure up and down... if you make it too rigid, you may have problems when the pushrod is extended. If you make it thick, you will have to open the hole atop the tail to allow the horn to enter the tail...
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:18 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,388 Posts
+1, I like the little horn, plenty strong for the job as its under compression 99% of the time anyway.

I had to rejig my elevator setup, bad luck meant my elevator servo popped on the first power up. Unfortunatly getting the servo out resulted in my destroying Yuri's cool little ball link. Used a 2/56 ball-link, 2/56 rod, and a sullivan clevis on the stock horn. Tail now has a DS09SCB in it (which is very tight to fit). Had to mirror the stock cutout for the elevator wire on both sides to clear the clevis nicely.

Sucks that yours got a bit beaten up on the way Sweden sebbe, I thought NZ post was bad, with our rugby team of samoans with baseball bats sorting the mail!

Get it built and flown, it wont be hard to beat mine into the air at the rate my progress is going at the moment. Barely have time to scratch my ceramic balls at the moment
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:27 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
+1, I like the little horn, plenty strong for the job as its under compression 99% of the time anyway.

I had to rejig my elevator setup, bad luck meant my elevator servo popped on the first power up. Unfortunatly getting the servo out resulted in my destroying Yuri's cool little ball link. Used a 2/56 ball-link, 2/56 rod, and a sullivan clevis on the stock horn. Tail now has a DS09SCB in it (which is very tight to fit). Had to mirror the stock cutout for the elevator wire on both sides to clear the clevis nicely.

Sucks that yours got a bit beaten up on the way Sweden sebbe, I thought NZ post was bad, with our rugby team of samoans with baseball bats sorting the mail!

Get it built and flown, it wont be hard to beat mine into the air at the rate my progress is going at the moment. Barely have time to scratch my ceramic balls at the moment
Can't wait to see her flying !
I sent You a big bunch of a good weather,did You get it?
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:44 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,388 Posts
Blowing a gale, entire country is currently mud. Boot of my car looks like a friggin swimming pool!

NZ customs probably lost the weather you sent

Think im gonna have to take the X-plane down to fiordland early next year. Told the girlfriend we need to hire a camper and do a road trip.. Havent let her know the camper is gonna be full of planes yet

Surfing The Mountain Air (5 min 44 sec)
Gliders in the Mist (4 min 16 sec)
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:15 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
jackosmeister............I think I know how you feel.......once a slacker

I love to fly, but the X-Plane is sooo beautiful, and to top it off, the color is your personal fantasy!! You want things to be perfect!! and fly this plane for the rest of your life, in an insane fashion Yuri got my plane to me HP fast. I felt obligated to get it in the air fast, which may have been dumb. I did get a flight in. The launch was hairy, but once in the air...........very cool!! I wanted to get some great photo shots in before I scuffed my X-Plane up, and I have. Today, I just received the prop for my 5s set up, but want to crank around for a while on 4s....I expect it to be tame, and will go to 5s very soon.
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:25 AM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Charger, which prop will you be using on 5S and what have you been using till now?

I agree the X feels like your own. When I fly there are simply no rules cause its mine

Mad some wild low passes the other day. The old gasser farts freaked out
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:01 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly! View Post
Charger, which prop will you be using on 5S and what have you been using till now?

I agree the X feels like your own. When I fly there are simply no rules cause its mine

Mad some wild low passes the other day. The old gasser farts freaked out
I think I'm the only one on a Hacker.........so, I forget what you're running but, with Yuri's help the 14.5X14 on 5s was approaching 3000 watts, I'll try that for a while....then if I get lucky, bump it up. My parents moved recently to Folsom......My mom is having a mile stone B-day in March.......I have some flying friends in your area.......may try to get a meet together
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:21 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Then I am sorry Sebbe for that damage.If You was able to open wing at the leading edge ,then is was cracked.I did receive a few shipments from FVK myself,totally trashed packages.
Sebbe,You have aelerons only version,so 7mm UP/5mm down would be O.K. to start with.
But ,when You gain speed I would reduce the throws.
Elevator 6mmUP/5mm DOWN.
Incidence should be 0 deg.
CG is from 50-60mm- insensitive Mine is 55mm now.
All of the above is really depends on pilot flying style .
Yuri.
Thanks Yuri,,,, yes I know, the postage can be hard sometimes, but the wingtips are fixed now, strong as before..

Elevator 6mm up .... OK, Im use to max 2mm up on my other fast ships..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:39 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,089 Posts
Cool video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Blowing a gale, entire country is currently mud. Boot of my car looks like a friggin swimming pool!

NZ customs probably lost the weather you sent

Think im gonna have to take the X-plane down to fiordland early next year. Told the girlfriend we need to hire a camper and do a road trip.. Havent let her know the camper is gonna be full of planes yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F962GWmM3Os http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0IorcJ8ve0
epwierman is online now Find More Posts by epwierman
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,377 Posts
Great video Jacko! Something very familiar with the scenery...
Packing planes for vacation is just what I did yesterday.
This is how the roof box of my car is filled:
http://db.tt/jV8ty5T
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Joined Jun 2005
5,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Thanks Yuri,,,, yes I know, the postage can be hard sometimes, but the wingtips are fixed now, strong as before..

Elevator 6mm up .... OK, Im use to max 2mm up on my other fast ships..
6mm measured at the centre .

Very cool videos Remind me the time ,when I was too crazy about flying no matter what is outside.Too bad I never care about a documentary .
Countur cam takes my vote.
.....I learned on geography classes that New Zealand is green ,WARM country
surrounded by beautiful ocean,people are friendly and nicely tanned.....
teachers...what do they know?
Yuri.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Yuri I am not sure it was NZ

Hey Jacko where are the sheep
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:19 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Joined Jun 2005
5,224 Posts
How to kill X-plane within 5 min.

Went to the field to discharge one battery and managed to kill my X-plane on the third launch.
Plane was right a front of me ,about 50 yards or so and maybe 100 yards altitude ,then I lost controls and she went straight to the ground.Good part I was not speeding at that time,bad part ,it did not help.Total loss.
Reason for signal loss was almost same as a Riche's ,both antennas slipped inside fuse from antennas "protectors" I used them for the first /last time.
I suppose vibrations did the trick.
News from the bright side.
I tested 32mm +7 spinner with 16x17 slim and WOW!!!!!!
Dont try that at home.
I was not going to use this spinner but damaged my straight one the other day and all I got its one with twisted yoke.
Well.... launches was a little easier ,not as much torque roll.But much more
stalled prop noise and SPEED ON STRAIGHT PASS WAS SICK !!!!
So sick ,I could not hold the throttle switch for more then half sec.
From 5min flight and 3 launches I have used 700+ Mha of the batt.
I dont think it is too healthy for batt but may be 15x16 slim will do the better job.It will be hard to return to straight yoke after I had that much drugs with twisted.No wonder ,why it calls TWISTED
Yuri,Your adrenaline junky
Last edited by Dbox; Jul 12, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:52 PM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
I am running mine on a B40. I blew my gear after propping up so went back to 14.5x14 after replacing my Maxon. I have a KPG gear set inbound and just got myself a set of 5S 2100mA batteries. Will take some time to put this in my X due to travel.

We should certainly get together when you are in Folsom. We have a great location just 2 miles from hwy 50 www.edrcf.org which is a great location to be.

Bring your gear out and let's buzz the cows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
I think I'm the only one on a Hacker.........so, I forget what you're running but, with Yuri's help the 14.5X14 on 5s was approaching 3000 watts, I'll try that for a while....then if I get lucky, bump it up. My parents moved recently to Folsom......My mom is having a mile stone B-day in March.......I have some flying friends in your area.......may try to get a meet together
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Yuri sorry to hear about your X. At least you can make a new one.

I never trusted these tubes on my own setups and have mine securely bolted outside the fuse but I am using a different type of radio than yours I think.

Thanks for the speed inspiration!
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Highfly!; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:29 AM.