HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,826 Posts
Yuri,on an off topic...You want to paint a boat trailer ? I would gladly pay you in McDonalds gift cards ....my new boat was delivered to my place in Portland,but the trailer looks like ass...I will enjoy giving you hart failure this summer on the water
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:09 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
Hey, last I checked Yuri was still moving to NZ.

Paint your own trailer
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Hey, last I checked Yuri was still moving to NZ.

Paint your own trailer
Not a damn chance on him leaving once he tastes my wifes cooking We can do a mean Shchi,Pelmeni, and Shashlyk ...Oh,and lots of red whine....my trailer is as good as painted ...I will do all the hard work .....Side note,can not WAIT to take out the new boat in the lakes of Mt Hood,hope there are no speed or sound limits,else i am screwed
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Hell...I'm moving to Portland then too. Give me your address so I can start looking for a place between yours and Yuri's.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
601 Posts
Not moving to Portland nor painting trailers.....but I just got myself on the waiting list

Now to think of a great new color scheme....and dream of a power system for the new hotliner!

-Steve
chimchim is offline Find More Posts by chimchim
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:55 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,828 Posts
Hi Dbox,

Please comment on approximate max diameter prop for new fuse.

Thank you,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Damn cell phone......Fixed spelling of my own name....hehe
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
Hell...I'm moving to Portland then too. Give me your address so I can start looking for a place between yours and Yuri's.
South West Hills of Portland....BRING IT !
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,826 Posts
Chris,here are the spare props i will not use for a 1400 Kv Outrunner....Talk to me man ...There is some Koch,DUP,Slowbarless and APC...Plus i have a bunch of good reworked APC.In fixed APC i have 7X10,7X8.In fixed carbon 2-Koch and 2-Slowbarless 7X10.In folder carbon 2-Koch 7X13 (great for 4S).DUP 7X10 and 6X10 (your ticket for 5 and 6S)...just hit me up on the PM side and i will hook you up if i can help......and there are 2-4.75X4.75 crabon fixed in there if anybody needs them.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
....Side note,can not WAIT to take out the new boat in the lakes of Mt Hood,hope there are no speed or sound limits,else i am screwed
True-speed/snd limits! That must sux
I used to be into boats..lst one was a Protech 1900Rs,250hp,lighting gear case...wicked fun!

Sorry its off topic people..sure u wont mind...

P.S...jacko and i have already sorted a house and emailed Yuri some airline tickets :-)
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
True-speed/snd limits! That must sux
I used to be into boats..lst one was a Protech 1900Rs,250hp,lighting gear case...wicked fun!

Sorry its off topic people..sure u wont mind...

P.S...jacko and i have already sorted a house and emailed Yuri some airline tickets :-)
Off topic is a good thing once in a while,as long as it stays high performance nice piece man,that thing has what looks to be a wicked pad,must have rode nice.For this boat i had to go tunnel,got a 235hp Rude crossflow...the power head is getting reworked and modded this week,also have a Bob's Jack Plate,Bullet lower and Dry Exhaust....The bimini is coming off,and the ski pole will be modded to a stripper pole ....Plus a few other goodies.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:28 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRevenger View Post
Hey Guys,
... I have some measurements here, without the correct gear I can't get any more figures, but I can have a friend run it up on his CNC Plotter to get exact numbers but I don't think that is neccessary.

Attachment 5531443

A = 780mm
B = 776mm
C = 897mm
D = 898mm

Vertical stabiliser is 4deg from tailplane. This to me is the main issue and the fuse not symetrical, maybe a cosmetic issue, I'm not sure how this will effect the flying, everything else can be remedied and tweaked.

I am still looking forward to recieving mine and getting it in the air, even now having posted this I will have a BLACK X on the list

QDRevenger.
Hey there QDR,thanks for your post and showing us the story.
I won't quote all your post but I could.
The measurements you show tell a big story. A-B being 4mm different is important. C-D @ 1mm different not so much especially factoring human measuring error.
If you Really-REALLY want to align/square up your aircraft you first need to square up the components individually. Afterwards you put the plane together and see how the lines/marks align (or not).
From there you can see if there is an actual 'crookedness' of the parts or a simple fixturing error which can be adjusted.
Find (determine, (This is BIG issue)) what the true centerline(s) are.This can be affected by hasty or uneven trimming @ tips or other extremities.Just because you make a line that is equidistant of your measurements does not mean That is true center.All you have is a 'geographic center' (I just invented that 8-) ) eg: You measure the H-stab,divide by two and calculate 'center'.Or do you? How much error do you have? Measure in the reverse direction and see if your lines meet up-they typically won't.But now you have two lines/marks close together,(each one you 'felt' was center) guess what? That little gap between your marks shows the measuring error and is where the 'true' center will be.Usually we will say the center of that little space is center and is quite acceptable.
[ Uh-Oh, my pain pill is taking effect, I'll come back to this another time.If it still makes sense to me I'll continue.Unless you start throwing rotten food at me]

KRProton, That is a great effort but really,by your own words
Quote:
This method isn’t perfect because the plane in the images may not be (probably not) perfectly aligned with the camera and human error in placement of the lines over the images.
This can't be of any Real use.
The graphics alone can fool our eyes (who has perfect balanced vision???). And then with those curvy lines...forget it man.You need some venetian blinds,a contrasting blank wall and even lighting to be able to see what we're looking for in these photos.
Oohhh, I'm feelin pretty good now.Gonna have to stop posting pretty soon.But first.
QuadMad, welcome to the internet.

And who started talking Boats !?
ChrisCraft...nuff said. (No, I don't own one.Or ever did.But if I was a boating kind of guy...Barrel back,mahogany w/ ash (?) trim, 260cid V8.Uh huh.Yeah baby.)
Nighty nite fellas.
Jay.
P.S. How long have people been trying to hotline with outrunners?
And do you speed guys concern yourselves w/prop efficiency?
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:40 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
960 Posts
For what its worth, none of my models have been 100% perfect in their alignment, the miro Voodoo was probably the closest though. Even the D05 wing was about 2mm out at the wing tips, Summit was a tad out, Ariane P5 was a bit out and the older Demons were a bit out to. All the models flew fine though.

I think considering the price Yuri is making them for you couldnt ask for a higher quality model.
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Everyone here been talking and saying their bit, but where is Yury?
I'm the third kiwi guy that have seen this plane and the photos don't really show how out of line and twisted the tail really is
Everyone makes mistakes and from what i believe this was the first of the new fuses
I was also exited by this plane, My name says it all and would still go on the waiting list for one
But I would really like to hear what yuri has to say
DirectX is offline Find More Posts by DirectX
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:09 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
4mm at one tip means around ~1mm at the hori stab mounting screws

~1mm at the horistab mounting screws means around 1 minute with a rats tail file
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
4mm at one tip means around ~1mm at the hori stab mounting screws

~1mm at the horistab mounting screws means around 1 minute with a rats tail file
I didn't know your name was Yuri and the answer to your post is no,you haven't seen the fuse how do you know?,a rats file will do nothing
DirectX is offline Find More Posts by DirectX
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)