Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Hi guys ,help me out please.
I am little lost here
Is there something wrong with this plane?
I have one unsatisfied customer.
Thank You.
Yuri
Vertical and horizontal out of alignment? Other than that it looks beautiful....
Alien_Tech is offline Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:53 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
That wing tip is ALL JACKED UP
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:55 AM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Doing a meausre with MSpaint the wing and stab are 100% in line...

Those pictures are almost pointless.

If he's complaining about the join in the carbon over the wing... I don't think he understands how carbon planes work. This is why mass produced planes are covered in paint, with no raw carbon showing through.

As for the back of the wing sitting in the saddle.. So? mine does that. 2 seconds with sandpaper and it's done if he doesn't like it.

I suggest he needs to measure with string from the tip of the tail, to the tip of the wing and repeat on the other side. From the wonky pictures you can't properly do it.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:01 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,386 Posts
Planning on 3026-1400 scorperion, turned down to hopefully fit a 36mm spinner, on 5S (and 6S at Ampfest!), going to take some experimenting to find the right prop (and then getting DUP to make em in carbon! ) Theres a few props in the right range to play with though (APC sport and Q40) with a lil trimming down. Hopefully my CC125 can drive it happily without sykotic ESC curse

Going by the fact im going to be slow as hell until Ive got some experience, it seemed silly to get to carried away with big $ setups. The mini pyro looks awesome, but going to have same problem in trying to get it within that 1000W/min limit.

Had a look around for awhile at different options, something minipyro sized at ~1300kV ideally, but couldnt find anything. The 3226 scorpion seem a lil heavy (240g ) in my opinion.

Am rethinking my plan to just run Neu limiters, an F5D+F5B limiter are damn near the same price as a unilog2

Whats person X complaining about Yuri?
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Feb 12, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:17 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Try a 7X10 or 7X13 with that motor.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:27 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Try a 7X10 or 7X13 with that motor.
Will be way over amped for 1k w/min, on 5S, going to have to go smaller.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:54 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Hi guys ,help me out please.
I am little lost here
Is there something wrong with this plane?
I have one unsatisfied customer.
Thank You.
Yuri
Yep,I spotted it right away,that plane is way over there instead of here in my hands.And that piece of blue tape just ruins the whole presentation
Can't see anything at fault from the picts.
It's called buyer's remorse (no relation to the jjmorris).The practicality of their own $ situation catches up to them and the buyer realizes he has no business making that kind of purchase (could be he realizes he'll never be able to actually hotline the X-Plane,didn't consider the additional $ to get airborne,momma bi*ch slapped him when she found it,or could not stop peeing his pants when fondling the X).
Don't sweat it Yuri,give 'em his money back & he won't be your customer anymore.
But someone else will.
Skies
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:05 AM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,061 Posts
"the customer is always right"

um....not in this case from what I can see!

If I ever get to be able to make a plane to that standard, I'll be over the moon. Some people you just can't please.
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Right, I forgot about the limit. But get a 7X13 anyway (for sport flying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Will be way over amped for 1k w/min, on 5S, going to have to go smaller.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:15 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.English View Post
DUP, If you want to design a real F5D prop make sure it can go 10 laps with one of these... I have a few props including a sawtooth from Paul and one from Slowbarless and they are night and day different. I am sure the guys building props to sell to public are making them stiffer and thicker for overpower use but Pauls sawtooth and other F5D props are way thinner only to use with F5D power.
Sounds about right. I think Pauls Sawtooths have half the rovings in them then mine do (literally). Mine are also filled with carbon/resin mix instead of cotton/resin which I think is what Paul uses, so mine come out a bit heavier but are probably more durable for everyday use. I do have another 2 sets of moulds for different sawtooth blades but we rarely sell them to the public because we cant control how much power people will run through them.

Yuri, is the fin slightly warped? Might just be the picture, really hard to tell. Other then that it looks perfect! Dont know what the customer was complaining about.
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
Yep,I spotted it right away,that plane is way over there instead of here in my hands.And that piece of blue tape just ruins the whole presentation
Can't see anything at fault from the picts.
It's called buyer's remorse (no relation to the jjmorris).The practicality of their own $ situation catches up to them and the buyer realizes he has no business making that kind of purchase (could be he realizes he'll never be able to actually hotline the X-Plane,didn't consider the additional $ to get airborne,momma bi*ch slapped him when she found it,or could not stop peeing his pants when fondling the X).
Don't sweat it Yuri,give 'em his money back & he won't be your customer anymore.
But someone else will.
Skies
Jay.
What gives you the right to talk this way, who do you think you are? Do you know me ?
I resent what you said
I have brought many models and never had any remorse in what i did
How do you know what i can or cannot fly?
your comments are totally out of context and out of line

PS: By the looks of your blog,I can see you can handle high speed crafts no problem
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Last edited by Quadmad; Feb 12, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:26 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,386 Posts
This is more an issue to be discussed by PM/email/Phone than to be discussed publically. Please do it there

EDIT -

That is meant for both parties
Last edited by jackosmeister; Feb 12, 2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
This is more an issue to be discussed by PM/email/Phone than to be discussed publically. Please do it there
Exactly! I never posted the pictures, I emailed them to Yuri,never asked for my money back or anything
He chooses to post them on the forum not me
And as usual things just get out of hand in this forum.
As a matter of fact he didn't even reply to my email he just posted the pictures on the thread and asked for help from you guys
I have said all I need to say
I'm done with it
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Last edited by Quadmad; Feb 12, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Seeing as the cats out of the bag - what wrong with the plane (its difficuilt to see from the photos) ?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:05 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Planning on 3026-1400 scorperion, turned down to hopefully fit a 36mm spinner, on 5S (and 6S at Ampfest!), going to take some experimenting to find the right prop (and then getting DUP to make em in carbon! ) Theres a few props in the right range to play with though (APC sport and Q40) with a lil trimming down. Hopefully my CC125 can drive it happily without sykotic ESC curse

Going by the fact im going to be slow as hell until Ive got some experience, it seemed silly to get to carried away with big $ setups. The mini pyro looks awesome, but going to have same problem in trying to get it within that 1000W/min limit.

Had a look around for awhile at different options, something minipyro sized at ~1300kV ideally, but couldnt find anything. The 3226 scorpion seem a lil heavy (240g ) in my opinion.

Am rethinking my plan to just run Neu limiters, an F5D+F5B limiter are damn near the same price as a unilog2

Whats person X complaining about Yuri?
I think you will find that APC works amazing with the 1400kv range,now I do not have logging,but I do know I am no where close to the limit of my Cheepo 150amp esc.I am sure you will be just fine with the 7X10 on 5S and cut a couple from 6.2 and 6.5x10 for 6S....I picked up the bags of ten.I know you have an issue a while back with APC shipping prices,so I would have no problem helping getting a bag full.Also the APC 7 X8 kicks on 6S.If you want some Killer carbon props,I have a nice assortment of fixed and folding I would part with real cheap. Doug.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child