Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Doug,
What ICE are you running ?
100ice light for now,my CC125 is on it's way back from JJ,Then that will go in.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
On a side note,I have 12 flights on the X with the Sawtooths.....Lots of cool factor there. But I am in the Market for another airframe to dedicate the graded F5D folder setup to....just not sure what I want yet.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:52 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
There is no doubt the temp readings are OFF,going buy the finger check,it comes down cooler then when I do the Hotliner thing....all temps feel good after a 60sec run.
The start temp was below 90 and above 80 .................... does that sound right ?

If the reference temp was correct, then there is NO WAY to believe that the inflight temp was off ................................ only Doug will know for a fact, but if initial temp ic correct, I would tend to lean towards the inflight temps are also correct .............. I havent seen an ICE yet with temps being off
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,258 Posts
Quote:
On a side note,I have 12 flights on the X with the Sawtooths.....Lots of cool factor there. But I am in the Market for another airframe to dedicate the graded F5D folder setup to....just not sure what I want yet.
I think the coolest F5D airframe out there is the Big Bruce Racing Summit. Don't know how they fly but for looks they are a 10+++. I believe the build is very good as well.
http://www.bigbruceracing.com/electric/gallery.html

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
The start temp was below 90 and above 80 .................... does that sound right ?

If the reference temp was correct, then there is NO WAY to believe that the inflight temp was off ................................ only Doug will know for a fact, but if initial temp ic correct, I would tend to lean towards the inflight temps are also correct .............. I havent seen an ICE yet with temps being off
After trying 9 different geared F5D folder combos with different Kv,gear ratios,cell counts,and props,I for sure learned what Burns an ESC,and learned I trust my finger for temp check over the logs .....there is no way that esc is seeing 250deg F.....Heck,my CC125 got hotter just being plugged in before flying then this 100 comes down after a flight.But I will do some more checking this afternoon after work seeing how the weather is just AWESOME here in Florida right now
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
I think the coolest F5D airframe out there is the Big Bruce Racing Summit. Don't know how they fly but for looks they are a 10+++. I believe the build is very good as well.
http://www.bigbruceracing.com/electric/gallery.html

Terry
For sure got my eye on that,but would kill for a "Fornication" with that trippy paint job.....or fly over to YELLO and build a Flipper : )
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
gom
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
OK that's going to be my next plane. When I get the OK to spend the money
gom is offline Find More Posts by gom
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:24 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
drice............you left me hanging with your last video. The rolling circle scene was a tease! I would love to see high speed, low altitude rolling circles. Any chance for some more vid from you?
Thanks Charger. I had to go back and watch it again, to see what you were talking about. It's been a while since that flight. That was the last time I flew it. The next time I tried, the flap servo crapped during pre-flight...fortunately...I've been too busy with other projects to grind that servo to bits and put a new one in.

I liked the view looking aft in that shot, so I will definitely take more video of the next flights...and I'll post them up...just gotta make myself do something I hate...work on planes that were at one time considered "DONE"...
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:57 AM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
I think the coolest F5D airframe out there is the Big Bruce Racing Summit......
Terry
+2

Terry,
I agree even though one didn't win the recent F5D WC's. (managed 4th placed in the team rankings by a coupla old blokes though! ) I think they are very nice to fly and expect to have at least one on my fleet for a very long time.

However nice the Summits are though, they don't have the battery and powertrain space to be psycholiners in the mould of an X Plane or even a standard fuselage Swist.

So I think everyone should have all three!
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Last edited by Peter M; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
@ Peter....I like how your brain works
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
OK,soooooo,i will have my modded CC125 back from JJ any day now,as soon as i get it,i will give 5S a rip.....question is,If i keep my head about me with 14.5X14,CC125,and 5 cell,can i get away with keeping it on the throttle ? I just do not want to go to the switch yet
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,114 Posts
Quote:
OK,soooooo,i will have my modded CC125 back from JJ any day now,as soon as i get it,i will give 5S a rip.....question is,If i keep my head about me with 14.5X14,CC125,and 5 cell,can i get away with keeping it on the throttle ? I just do not want to go to the switch yet
Was You warned ,that You can't use modded CC on less then 5S?
Yuri
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Was You warned ,that You can't use modded CC on less then 5S?
Yuri
He modded,and repaired it from when it went DUD on me during launch and took a hard hit from the lipo...From what he told me when he was done with it was,it can be used on 4,5,and 6S...All's i can say is,he did ALOT of work for 40 euro,Castle would have just gave me half credit on something new.I am a happy camper that i have a guy like JJ that will do things like this for such a small fee when the people that sell it do not even offer repairs anymore .Besides,i am done flying the X on 4S.....BORING
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
431 Posts
Go to the switch. You'll be fine and your equipment will like you better.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice