SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 03, 2011, 12:57 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
Gens ace 3s 55c insanely cheap, and it never gets hot. These things are amazing, it's worth it even if it lasts only 10 flights, but as cold as it lands, I suspect there are many more to come
Have You had a chance to look how cells are soldered together?
Say ,if I want to make my own battery ,is the tabs are regular copper or aluminum?
Thanx.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:33 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post

This is the boda install on the hyperDX, carbon fuse, simple as. Typhoon setup was identical, with the boda facing upwards/right though. Using a fillet of UHU por (similar to goop but thinner) to secure the boda in the hole. UHU por is also the shizzle for attaching servo covers BTW, its nice and clean, sticks really well, but can be removed without busting the wing.
This is how I did the BODA on the Excite using the Spektrum antenna exits. I don't really think it was nessesary at all on the Enigma, but it made me feel better

The Statair fins look great...just make sure the incidence is true to the wing and horz stab since they look like little canards

I use hot glue at the point where the coax comes out of the BODA. It holds tight, and can be removed easy enough.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Last edited by Flyextreme; Jul 04, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:29 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Replaced old capacitors on my CC125 and moved them on the side of controller.
It makes more space for battery.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:51 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Jacko, or anyone using Optima RXs. While I was at one of the LHS today, I accidently found something in the clearance area that seems to be just the ticket for the BODA. I did make sure that I could get more before I left the store.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:55 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Replaced old capacitors on my CC125 and moved them on the side of controller.
It makes more space for battery.
Yuri.
Any chance you could remove the pretty shrink wrap so we can see how you did it?

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 02:15 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Great idea Bill.I have been using these pushrod exits for years as intake holes .
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 02:29 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Do you mean something like this?
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 02:36 AM
Registered User
la528it's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Any chance you could remove the pretty shrink wrap so we can see how you did it?

Bill

Look at verticalflights blog to see the trick. He has a really nice Writeup it's called something like "supersize me"
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:40 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
Look at verticalflights blog to see the trick. He has a really nice Writeup it's called something like "supersize me"
Thanks Rich, I checked the blog...he just added caps. I was more interested in how Yuri had his layed out.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:46 PM
Registered User
la528it's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Thanks Rich, I checked the blog...he just added caps. I was more interested in how Yuri had his layed out.

Bill
Each setup is unique, but the steps to follow are what is important; i.e. keep the legs short. Yuri was already pulling rediculous amps on that cc125 before he changed caps... I feel old saying it, but they don't make them like they used to!
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:05 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Thanks Rich, I checked the blog...he just added caps. I was more interested in how Yuri had his layed out.

Bill
It is easy to make ,4 caps solder in parallel, then "+" goes to positive "-" to negative.The trick is to use THICK wire to connect pack of caps/sounds funny/
to controller,otherwise You will melt skinny cap's legs when connecting the battery.
That is exactly the reason why You should keep legs as short as possible.
Sorry,it was my last piece of a shrink wrap that size ,cant cut it open.
Yuri.
P.S.
Richard ,thank You for the CAPS You sent me.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:28 PM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
Do you have a p/n or rating for the caps needed? Will see what I can find locally. Looked at vertical flights blog, but he refers to an old CC125 thread for the cap ratings, I cant find it.

Are you using the same caps as factory, just shifted?

Im thinking there maybe room for esc underneath the motor, making more room for lipo

Is the tape around the motor/gearbox to help it from un screwing?


Need more X-plane video, waiting for motors/czech post sucks.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jul 04, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:08 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Do you have a p/n or rating for the caps needed? Will see what I can find locally. Looked at vertical flights blog, but he refers to an old CC125 thread for the cap ratings, I cant find it.

Are you using the same caps as factory, just shifted?

Im thinking there maybe room for esc underneath the motor, making more room for lipo

Is the tape around the motor/gearbox to help it from un screwing?


Need more X-plane video, waiting for motors/czech post sucks.
You better ask Rich what caps ,he is very anal to all the numbers and ratings.
I trust him and solder whatever he says would be the better then stock.
I dont mind stock caps,I just had non in my drawer .
Tape is exactly for what You just said.I sworn ,not to use even weakest locktite ever.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:48 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
It is easy to make ,4 caps solder in parallel, then "+" goes to positive "-" to negative.The trick is to use THICK wire to connect pack of caps/sounds funny/
to controller,otherwise You will melt skinny cap's legs when connecting the battery.
That is exactly the reason why You should keep legs as short as possible.
Sorry,it was my last piece of a shrink wrap that size ,cant cut it open.
Yuri.
I suppose I could figure it out easy enough. Of course I didn't "really" want/expect you to unwrap such a nice package

I guess I'm a little surprised it's wrapped in such a way it would seem to not get much airflow inside........????

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:17 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
I suppose I could figure it out easy enough. Of course I didn't "really" want/expect you to unwrap such a nice package

I guess I'm a little surprised it's wrapped in such a way it would seem to not get much airflow inside........????

Bill
Controller ,which handled 400Amps with airflow can do 200Amps without.
But I still would recommend to use ICE 100 lite .
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade MCP X - owner's thread rchelijc Micro Helis 13062 Sep 19, 2014 11:12 AM
Discussion MCP-X thread for people that dont have a MCP-x axelen Micro Helis 186 Apr 01, 2011 02:17 AM
Data mCP X (non chat) setup and tips owners thread Cable Guy Micro Helis 9 Mar 12, 2011 12:50 PM
Build Log Build Log - ARK X-500 series build thread cfrank2005 Electric Heli Talk 30 Jun 29, 2009 01:27 PM
RBC A-4 Skyhawk build thread X.X Willmsy Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 6 Nov 22, 2005 11:01 PM