Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Jan 2006
2,375 Posts
the Neu 1115/1Y on 5s with a 5x5 (not necessarily the best choice prop) gives me 1800W and 104A static. I run this with the ice lite 100 in my Viper w/no problems.

a 4.75x4.75 on 4s is around 85A static
stanordave is online now Find More Posts by stanordave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
Is Loctite 648 the compound used for the pinion gear on the motor? I fired up the X-Plane last night,and it pulled like a Mac Truck tell half throttle,then just made a nasty screening sound,and no longer pulled......sad face.
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,303 Posts
I used to use Loctite green "Sleeve Retainer", but that was years ago. Don't know exactly what they're using now.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,133 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1999
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
Thanks Guys,but please disregard my posts about the pinion gear I am not sure what happened,but i figured i would fire it up again for a second after Sykotic and Sebbe thought it could also be the ESC,and take a 2 second vid (but last night on the first runup,to me,the way the motor sounded like it reved up and screeched,but stopped pulling,i for sure thought it was the gear).....Well,i went to half throttle like i did last night and all was fine,then went to full figuring it would do the same as last night.....I was wrong,all was good and it almost spun the whole fuselage out of my hand ....glad i have a fast grip (i know i left the door wide open on that,but be mature )....So in closing,i have no idea what the heck happened last night and what was wrong,and ALL you guys are Flipping Crazy for playing with these set-ups.....I just can not wrap my head around what those 3kw setups feel like in your hands Just Awesome,i can not wait to fly this,but i do feel a bit bad for my launcher
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:16 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,824 Posts
Guys,

I've been curious to see if any 16/45 can give a KV range similar to the 16/35/1

From a bit of dirty calculation, it seemed worthwhile to look into the following:
16/45/1.5RD 3.2mm
16/45/1.5RDE 3.2mm

I should soon have actual resistance, and KV values for them (from MEGA) to compare to 16/35/1 3.2mm including weight differences.

45/35= 1.28 , hopefully 28% bigger guts can be of some use.....and hoping for decent % lower resistance as well.

1/2 inch longer motor may be harder to fit.

Any thoughts?

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:28 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,767 Posts
Gryphon,

16/45/1,5R ,,, 2102kv 60 A

would this 16/45/1.5RD be a D winding of the motor above ?

How would the max amps be then, I see at megas site the 1 winding are 80A and the 1.5 windings are 60A, would this 16/45/1.5RD also be 60 A

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,292 Posts
If you need loctite 638 or 648 you can get it here
http://www.mcmaster.com/#loctite-648/=idggpz

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:13 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post

1/2 inch longer motor may be harder to fit.

Any thoughts?

Gryphon
There is at least good 1 inch spare room behind KPG27+MEGA 16/35/1 +CC125
in the fuse before battery in my X-Plane.
You better get these motors in stock,so we can try them.
Thank You Gryphon.
Yuri.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Thanks Guys,but please disregard my posts about the pinion gear I am not sure what happened,but i figured i would fire it up again for a second after Sykotic and Sebbe thought it could also be the ESC,and take a 2 second vid (but last night on the first runup,to me,the way the motor sounded like it reved up and screeched,but stopped pulling,i for sure thought it was the gear).....Well,i went to half throttle like i did last night and all was fine,then went to full figuring it would do the same as last night.....I was wrong,all was good and it almost spun the whole fuselage out of my hand ....glad i have a fast grip (i know i left the door wide open on that,but be mature )....So in closing,i have no idea what the heck happened last night and what was wrong,and ALL you guys are Flipping Crazy for playing with these set-ups.....I just can not wrap my head around what those 3kw setups feel like in your hands Just Awesome,i can not wait to fly this,but i do feel a bit bad for my launcher
Video that goes with this post since i do not need it to figure out the problem,figured some of you might get a laugh at the NOOB DORK that fired up his first power combo like this,and has no clue what it feels like,and did not expect it to make power past half throttle....but had a tight grip and safety goggles just in case PS,I AM HOOKED,and sorry for the word,but this pulled harder then a white trash girl pulls her kid through Walmart (but nothing like what you guys are used to) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Srw_...1&feature=plcp
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,133 Posts
Sorry do disappoint You Doug,but that how it suppose to sound
X-plane motor test (0 min 26 sec)

Yuri.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
IM WORKING ON IT ! I will get there one day I got a kick out of watching you re-grip that fuselage a couple times,and use the forearm.....that is just crazy power.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Doug,
Suggest you don't expect your Kira to handle as much abuse as a 16/35/1 for example as they have a smaller stator and rotor due to the space taken by the fan.

Just saying, that's all....
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Sorry do disappoint You Doug,but that how it suppose to sound
Yuri.
Yuri, how many layers of tape did you use to secure the camera to the chair and not have it fly off?
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Finally another X Plane ready for maiden!

Just need it to stop raining for half an hour so I can sneak up to the field......
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M