HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:16 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,321 Posts
Hmmmmm...
Anyway: all my MEGAs run great on low setting. (16/25/2EC, 16/40/1.5SEC and 22/35/1.5ER)
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:49 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Hmmmmm...
Anyway: all my MEGAs run great on low setting. (16/25/2EC, 16/40/1.5SEC and 22/35/1.5ER)
yes the timing have options: low, standard and high, OK , but I was talking about PWM frequency, there are no "low" option,,there is : outrunnermode, 12, 16 and 24Khz

I will try 12Khz first.. maybee thats what you meant by "Low" ?
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sverige
Joined Oct 2007
82 Posts
Sebbe: my ICE 75 has 8Khz, ICE 100 should have it too.
matjon is offline Find More Posts by matjon
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Jacko, any pix on how you did your BODA???

Bill
Flyextreme is online now Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:58 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,255 Posts
Havent done it yet

Am waiting for the mega to arrive so I can see hows its all gonna balance first. X-plane is gonna be fast enough without excess "speed" holes

Just gonna drill a hole big enough for the base with the little plastic bush on the boda to stick through, I dont think orientation of it matters that much with it ( I range tested the hell out of the all carbon typhoon, in the worst possible conditions ( Tx pointed at ground, BODA totally sheilded by the plane) at a soccer feilds length away I couldnt get it drop out )

May make up a stratair style sharkfin, just cos it looks cool

jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jul 02, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 04:40 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,321 Posts
Jacko: Which type rx?
Old Jul 02, 2011, 04:43 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,255 Posts
Optima 7, but the 6 is just as capable performance wise.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:03 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Timing -OK
PWM -8
Brake -Hard
Start - use ramp if you want to. I don't
Do use a brake ramp, and while I was using ramp for some time now, today I found a good reason not to. Ater any hard landing, you should make sure everything is still in tip top shape. I do this by testing all control surfaces prior to following launch, and blipping the motor. Today, everything passes. I launched the plane and 25 feet up, it did a perfect hammerhead and was pointed straight at the ground. I recovered (honestly this was my best piloting to date, and hopefully forever after), but I did not have speed and had to go down the runway before turning around to land. It tip stalled something nasty at the other end of the runway due to low speed and tailwind. Still managed a perfect landing though. I thought maybe the radio cut out or an aileron servo died on me, but no, it was the motor mount that broke free. Lucky for me, no twisted wires/esc fire, but the moral here is that blipping the motor on the ground was not a strenuous enough test with ramp. In fact, I'm almost certain that the firewall broke free once it approached full power. So if I ramp, from here on out, I will let the motor fully unload during flight check, or I'll simply take ramp off. For what it's worth, this was a leaner 5300kv on 5.2 running 3s... The pack is the most amazing lipo I have ever dealt with: gen's ace 55c.... Guaranteed to mess up all your old setups with it's ridiculous lack of voltage sag.

Thanks for reading!
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:32 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,255 Posts
Haha, I know the feeling la528it. Screw those guys who can do 200mph passes inverted off 2" off the strip. Its landing a plane that has returned to kit form in the air that makes ya worthy!

This is the boda install on the hyperDX, carbon fuse, simple as. Typhoon setup was identical, with the boda facing upwards/right though. Using a fillet of UHU por (similar to goop but thinner) to secure the boda in the hole. UHU por is also the shizzle for attaching servo covers BTW, its nice and clean, sticks really well, but can be removed without busting the wing.
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jul 02, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Haha, I know the feeling la528it. Screw those guys who can do 200mph passes inverted off 2" off the strip. Its landing a plane that has returned to kit form in the air that makes ya worthy!

This is the boda install on the hyperDX, carbon fuse, simple as. Typhoon setup was identical, with the boda facing upwards/right though. Using a fillet of UHU por (similar to goop but thinner) to secure the boda in the hole. UHU por is also the shizzle for attaching servo covers BTW, its nice and clean, sticks really well, but can be removed without busting the wing.
No, for servo covers there is only one option: 3M Scotch ATG Adhesive 924 Transfer Tape

It is thinned goop in a micron thin double-sided tape. Leaves no residue, and keeps covers tacked on firmly in excess of 200mph

BTWE: last I checked stratair was selling those fins at half price... may be easier to buy a few from them rather than making you own
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:15 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjon View Post
Sebbe: my ICE 75 has 8Khz, ICE 100 should have it too.
ok, will check it out when it arrives, thanks, In the manual Ive downloaded from CC it doesnt say 8Khz ? strange..
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:47 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,321 Posts
La528: Which lipo was that?
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:51 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
La528: Which lipo was that?
Gens ace 3s 55c insanely cheap, and it never gets hot. These things are amazing, it's worth it even if it lasts only 10 flights, but as cold as it lands, I suspect there are many more to come
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:12 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,255 Posts
I think I just ordered some of fins from stratair... not entirely sure...
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:39 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
Gens ace 3s 55c insanely cheap, and it never gets hot. These things are amazing, it's worth it even if it lasts only 10 flights, but as cold as it lands, I suspect there are many more to come
I use 25C and 30C 5S2200 with my NEU1115. Totally awe!!!!