Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:56 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Yeah, I gotcha.

I would just like a specific brand, C rating, mah that is a good fit without clipping that beautiful airframe.

If I go ahead on this, it's for an old timer at my club, I don't want to make it too difficult for him. I will be making purchase and probably building it for him.
I could get that 2700mah 5 cell in there if i want,cause you have room to play with seeing how the elevator servo is mounted in the tail.....but i just do not want to deal with it every flight well,and the wing loading.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:57 AM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
2650 4 cell slides in no problem,with room to work (i would take a pic,but i just put the wing back on) and 2200mah 5 cell.Neu fits the best.
I thought the 2200 neu were too big??

I know my 2100 neu is perfect.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:07 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
I thought the 2200 neu were too big??

I know my 2100 neu is perfect.

2100 "FAI" , not regulars
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:30 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,336 Posts
I gotta say, it's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since I bought an airplane. Just been too busy with two jobs, wife, a new home, and a project car.

Looking over the quality of this kit, I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger and order one!

One X-Plane please Yuri!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:34 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Joined Jun 2005
5,262 Posts
Quote:
just make sure to put a Crowbar in you field box
You are confusing people here Doug trying to put 5S 2700 TP in her.
127x39x29 is measurement for 4S 2700TP.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Yuri.
No,johnnyrocco asked if it would fit a couple posts ago,I was just showing him that it does not fit unless you have a crowbar.It would be crazy to try and make it work......sorry,thought I was helping him.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
Yuri.
And fear not young Yuri,I will not be posting on this thread anymore....it is clear to see I am way to NOOB in this style airframe,power,and flying style....I will continue to do what I have been doing buy just reading
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Joined Jun 2005
5,262 Posts
Quote:
And fear not young Yuri,I will not be posting on this thread anymore....it is clear to see I am way to NOOB in this style airframe,power,and flying style....I will continue to do what I have been doing buy just reading
Too bad.
IMO, this style flying is much easier at least for me ,then F5D style.
You can relax in between motor bursts .
Flying my VooDoo ,I dont remember that I could get relaxed even for a sec.
Yuri.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
Mark Triebes
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2001
913 Posts
Hey Guys ...

I'm selling a like-new Kontronik 480/34 w/5.2GB that would be a killer powerplant for an X!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671547

Mark
MarcusT is offline Find More Posts by MarcusT
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Joined Jun 2005
5,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT View Post
Hey Guys ...

I'm selling a like-new Kontronik 480/34 w/5.2GB that would be a killer powerplant for an X!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671547

Mark
Excellent choice.
Yuri
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:12 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
Quote:
I was noob when I started this thread, still am!, dont worry, its all good. There will always be stuff one doesnt know about, and some stuff one does, share the wisdoms

Have no fear of the X, seriously, launching is a totally moot point. If your confident at hand launching, do it, if your not, bungee it. Easy.

Once in the air, the little switch on the side of the Tx results in big grins from the driver and swear words from the peanut gallery. Its a pussy cat too fly, just goes like a ape when you hit the fun switch.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
I was noob when I started this thread, still am!, dont worry, its all good. There will always be stuff one doesnt know about, and some stuff one does, share the wisdoms

Have no fear of the X, seriously, launching is a totally moot point. If your confident at hand launching, do it, if your not, bungee it. Easy.

Once in the air, the little switch on the side of the Tx results in big grins from the driver and swear words from the peanut gallery. Its a pussy cat too fly, just goes like a ape when you hit the fun switch.
I think my post might have been misread,or my education has reared it's ugly head again ...I am working on my X right now,and have a nice stack of parts,and i will fly the out of it the best i can (and i plan on ordering a 2nd one real soon,for Full Monty 3kw big prop switch flying).I just posted that i would stop posting,and just read,cause i am just way to NOOB....and as Yuri posted,and a PM from one of the posters on this thread said in a PM " i might confuse people...and that is the last thing i want to do to all involved that fully understand....this is a great thread with lots of info...not to mention lots of funny to.....no need for me to side track it cause there is 5 different power setups i would like to put in one,and other NOOB stuff ...I have read every word posted ,and looked at every pic and video of the X-Plane out there...So lets just keep that info coming.But trust me,it is killing me not to post all the questions i have about switch flying Doug
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
I'm sure people won't mind answering your questions. Espically about something like switch flying that alot of people seem to be confused/not so keen to try.

Brad (who never flew a hotliner or anything on a switch before this thread )
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Yup, switch flying is a very foreign concept to most, including me. I've been flying for more than 30 years, and the 1st time I ever heard of it was while I was building my Enigma last summer.

Part of the foreignness here is that you use the throttle stick for flaps and crow. It helps if you were ever a thermal duration pilot, as glider pilots fly with flap/glideslope control on the throttle stick all the time, cuz they have no motors to worry about.

Having flown TD off and on for many years, thinking of these hotliners as gliders and setting up the throttle stick that way, was not so foreign to me. When they told me to put 100% throttle on a momentary switch, I thought all y'all were FG NUTS!

But by the end of the 1st flight I had adapted, and it was no big deal. If you are a reasonably decent pilot, and you should be before flying an X anyway, then you will adapt very quickly to the switch.

And I too am a noob here. I've only built one plane of this style (the Enigma), which only survived 5 flights. My next experience with this style was my X, assembled by Lenny, and test flown last weekend. Sooo...don't think you're alone out there.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
I flew hotliners for a 18months with fixed props and Direct drive inrunners.

I wanted to avoid using the switch for throttle as well as pulling crazy amps.

Eventually I got a geared Neu setup and a P125. Nothing but problems from day 1. I tried and tried for 6 months, on the phone with Castle, nothing worked. Some dude from the other side of the world swore I needed an ESC mod, which would totally void any warranty.

I never quit flying pylons, but I gave up on the geared, big prop setups. It's just not for me, as well as some others.

In fact, I flew my Enigma yesterday, 5s with an APC 7x8. No worries pulling 110a and the power is is very similar to the geared setup. It's just slower for the first 2 seconds now.

BUt it still screams, and gets up and moves.

...and surprisingly, if you set a brake, the fixed prop doesn't slow it down dramatically.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123