Old May 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
X Plane CG Locations

Yuri - 48mm (I guess Yuri's gotta be conservative with something!)
Arctery - 52mm
Jacko - 54mm
Flyextreme & sykotic - 55mm

Peter M's hopefully known later this week.
Way too windy /gusty conditions,need more nose weight.

No wind,I flew my X at 55mm.
Elevator is 8mm up,but I dont think I use it all the way UP.

Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Thank you for E-Mailing me the pics Yuri.....Now if Fed-Ex would just hurry up : )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
I got back from the Castle IMAA Fun-Fly to find a box from Yuri, via Lenny in Denver.

X is beautiful. It is much smaller than I expected. Slightly less wing than my Excite F5D, but longer nose and tail. I thought it would be bigger. No matter though. Quite sexy.

I need to get my "larger brass attachments" out of storage, cinch up by big boy pants, and give this sucker a fling. Friday is looking like the day.

Yay...
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:31 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
OK, I am making small small progress ,
So I have maked my 5s pack to my X and Viper so far.

It is a Gens Ace 55C 2200mah 5s pack with removed plates and stickers, put on some kapton tape and thin shrinktube, saved me 1.7mm on height..

My pack is now 39.5mm heigh( 39.8mm at widest part in middle), will it fit the X ? I have my X fuse in some box now after moving, dont want to go throw all boxes now, so I try to ask here, will the 39.8mm fit between the two screws without bending them up ??

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:37 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
OK, I am making small small progress ,
So I have maked my 5s pack to my X and Viper so far.

It is a Gens Ace 55C 2200mah 5s pack with removed plates and stickers, put on some kapton tape and thin shrinktube, saved me 1.7mm on height..

My pack is now 39.5mm heigh( 39.8mm at widest part in middle), will it fit the X ? I have my X fuse in some box now after moving, dont want to go throw all boxes now, so I try to ask here, will the 39.8mm fit between the two screws without bending them up ??

Sebbe
It fits in mine Exact same battery pack with the same surgery.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:38 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
It fits in mine Exact same battery pack with the same surgery.
nice
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Making it through a work day when i know a new plane will be at my doorstep has always been an ugly thing for the people around me all day I must look like somebody going through a drug withdrawal that knows his next fix is MANY hours away......BUT,i made it,and she is in my hands now,just need to make this shaking stop ....First impressions of my X,1-It should have a Nick Name to go with it's givin name,and i think that comes from Jackosmeister "Yuri's Weapon" I say this cause after slapping it together,and picking it up,and realized it would be more effective if somebody tried to break into my house then my Smith & Wesson.2-I dig the little things Yuri did,IE the landing tape on the fuz,the colored grippy thingies for your fingers on launch,and the way cool wipers.3-LOVE the clear coated carbon parts and the faded paint trim work on it.4-THIS THING IS JUST BADD ....I tried to take a pic of the whole family,but i had to remove the Rifle and Stinger 1 (though i enjoy these planes).....I did not want them to give my new arrival any bad habits......j/k....OK,time to take a deep breath,and figure what i want to do with this dang thang ....But i do know this,i have talked myself out of Switch throttling it for now......I have never flown a Hotliner in my life,so i will go about this the same way i do anything...Start with the baby steps,and grow up proper like you Lunatics flying this thing on those 3kw setups ....I am starting to notice a Green thing going on here,Huuuum.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:15 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,391 Posts
I'm drooling all over my phone, Voodoo...

I'm changing the setup on mine... Here's the windmill....
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338934526.378282.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 90.0 KB
Description:
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,360 Posts
Mine arrived as well and my sentiments are exactly the same as VooDoo's. Not going to be a Hotliner for me but rather a direct drive speed demon.
Thinking about Dymond D60's everywhere for servos. Any opinions??
My biggest problem is I promised myself that before starting the XPlane I would finish up the twin 90mm JetFan Falcon 120 I'm about 1/2 dome with. We'll see if I can keep my promise.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:25 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Looking awesome!

This was my first real hotliner aswell, you will be fine! (switch or no switch). Just don't skimp on cheap bits when you shouldn't
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
I'm drooling all over my phone, Voodoo...

I'm changing the setup on mine... Here's the windmill....
Attachment 4916658
TALK TO ME What you got going on in your evil mind ?.....Call me crazy,but i am dying to cut the nose on this thing and bolt an outrunner on it
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:38 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
TALK TO ME What you got going on in your evil mind ?.....Call me crazy,but i am dying to cut the nose on this thing and bolt an outrunner on it

sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Mine arrived as well and my sentiments are exactly the same as VooDoo's. Not going to be a Hotliner for me but rather a direct drive speed demon.
Thinking about Dymond D60's everywhere for servos. Any opinions??
My biggest problem is I promised myself that before starting the XPlane I would finish up the twin 90mm JetFan Falcon 120 I'm about 1/2 dome with. We'll see if I can keep my promise.

Terry
Well, i have my Swist for my Loud Obnoxious make everybody at the field run and hide behind there cars plane.....So i had full intentions of going Hotliner,but i would need a pedal launcher (which i am still thinking of) to fly it at my field during prime time...and that is a bit of a PITA on top of putting my big gas planes together......Now get to work and stop playing on the net,and get that Falcon going (i dig high watt EDF) On a side note,i have D60's in my swist,and i am digging them,and D47S's in my VooDoo,also digging them......just note sure how the D60 would be for the Flaps with hitting the grass and all...i figure that is why most go with metal gear on flaps.I did read somewere in this thread that somebody did D60' all around...I think.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
Looking awesome!

This was my first real hotliner aswell, you will be fine! (switch or no switch). Just don't skimp on cheap bits when you shouldn't
No Man....no cheap stuff in my fleet....just a few,as you call them,Dirty nano-techs...Thats it.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
I always pull the flaps up just before touch-down.
Just a thought.

Oh yeah...what is "grass". We don't have that here.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice