Closed Thread
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:49 PM
Registered User, Yes Please!
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Apr 2011
69 Posts
Discussion
3DHS 48" Edge 540?

Maybe I am mistaken but I could have sworn I saw a 48" edge 540 listed on the website?!?!? Now it appears to be gone! Anyone have any info on this or even better some pics

For the price it sounded awesome, maybe to awesome......
gtrplaya101 is offline Find More Posts by gtrplaya101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:55 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
You aren't crazy.

The 48" Edge was available for preorder on the website. They took the preorder down momentarily until they could get pictures of the blue scheme posted on the website.

Here's pics.

http://3dhsbuck5.shutterfly.com/

Here's a video.

3D Hobby Shop 48" Edge AKA Buck and a Half Joe Smith Pilot (4 min 13 sec)
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
69 Posts
That is awesome!! I cant wait to see what the blue one looks like! That orange one looks really cool as well!

I am guessing these will be ariving with all the 41" edges? Or is this another shipment?
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:09 PM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
Not sure if anything has changed but here is what I know and someone can update me if things have changed.

It was availble for pre-sale yesterday for a while, I think. I saw a blue one was on their web site without pictures for a while. Work rules say I couldn't use work machine for purchases, dang IT dept. So I get off drive across Houston, log in, and it was gone.

I asked a few questions around here since I'm really in the steep part of the learning curve. I was provided a link yesterday to a post that indicated they took it down until they had pictures of the blue color scheme to post with it.

That was yesterday. Haven't seen any update since but I keep checking every once in a while. Working from home today just in case

I've never seen one of the 3DHS planes that I didn't like so I'd be glad to give them my money and get on the list sight unseen. I'm sure it will look great even though I'm more interested in how it flys.

So am I still current? Is there any new news?
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:13 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
Not sure if anything has changed but here is what I know and someone can update me if things have changed.

It was availble for pre-sale yesterday for a while, I think. I saw a blue one was on their web site without pictures for a while. Work rules say I couldn't use work machine for purchases, dang IT dept. So I get off drive across Houston, log in, and it was gone.

I asked a few questions around here since I'm really in the steep part of the learning curve. I was provided a link yesterday to a post that indicated they took it down until they had pictures of the blue color scheme to post with it.

That was yesterday. Haven't seen any update since but I keep checking every once in a while. Working from home today just in case

I've never seen one of the 3DHS planes that I didn't like so I'd be glad to give them my money and get on the list sight unseen. I'm sure it will look great even though I'm more interested in how it flys.

So am I still current? Is there and new news?

ya, there was an item put into the site that was active, and people were indeed placing orders against it sight unseen. But, in order to prevent any potential hassle with "I thought I'd like the scheme but don't now" kind of support calls, it was deactivated. that said, the scheme looks awesome in my highly biased opinion

when we can get pics of the products sorted out, the pre-orders for the edges will be put back up and people can jump on them all they want. for the people quick on the mark that actually did pony up the money sight unseen: you rock!
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 09, 2011, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2010
551 Posts
They look awesome!
E-reevo is offline Find More Posts by E-reevo
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:43 PM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
As soon as the Red and Silver Edge is listed I'm pulling the trigger on it. Attached is a picture of one from SEFF.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Last edited by ZackJones; Jun 09, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
As soon as the Red and Silver Edge is listed I'm pulling the trigger on it. Attached is a picture of one from SEFF.
No red/silver for the 48".......Orange scheme and soon to be seen Blue scheme.......
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:42 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
No red/silver for the 48".......Orange scheme and soon to be seen Blue scheme.......
SON OF A When it was first announced there was a red / silver one . Guess I'll be going with the soon to be seen blue scheme. Thanks for the clarification. I'm really looking forward to seeing the blue one now.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joined Apr 2011
69 Posts
AHHHH This is such a problem!! I really want my first 3D plane and am set on 3DHS. But now I am confused as to what to do! If I wait to see this 48" come back for sale I might miss the 41" edge that is selling out fast. Deff interested in the more stable 48" though. I NEED HELP!!!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:33 AM
USA, NY, Patchogue
Joined Aug 2009
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrplaya101 View Post
AHHHH This is such a problem!! I really want my first 3D plane and am set on 3DHS. But now I am confused as to what to do! If I wait to see this 48" come back for sale I might miss the 41" edge that is selling out fast. Deff interested in the more stable 48" though. I NEED HELP!!!
get both
steve400 is offline Find More Posts by steve400
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:35 AM
Joined Apr 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve400 View Post
get both
I would except I got stupid college loans

I just dont get why banks want me to payback my engineering degree?!?!

Dont they know its good for the ecomony to manufacture things here in the USA. (While I buy a plane made in China haha)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:30 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
Bigger flies better but man that 41" is sure hard to beat. Either way you will be happy so just pick a color.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:09 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
Bigger flies better but man that 41" is sure hard to beat. Either way you will be happy so just pick a color.
so true! the 41 is just fantastic! it doesn't fly like anyone elses 40" plane.... I flew two planes tonight the 89 Slick and the 41 Edge... I enjoyed both immensely.....

the 48 is going to be a rocking plane and on 130g power people are going to love it... I flew two 48" Vypers tonight and mine use to be on a 103g motor....very fun.... tonight was the first time I flew a 130g powered plane and it was just awesome.....
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:01 PM
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,431 Posts
Just found this pic in another thread. Thought I would share it
joesmith285 is online now Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread