SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2011, 09:57 PM
USA, ky, Ashland
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Discussion
Bad deal here with (08supermoto), just bad....

This concerns a recent purchase here on Rc Groups from member (08supermoto) or ERIN COURTNEY. There is a lot more to this, but I will try to keep it short. I paid for a DX3s tx on the 18 of May. You can see the ad here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433752

As you can see in the ad, he says that the tx only has 31 minutes on it, period...He even stresses the fact that the counter is on 31 minutes, as if the internal counter cannot be reset. Both counters can be reset on this tx. Anyways, I recieve this tx on the 23rd and it is junk. It looks like it has been dragged behind a 4-wheeler for a couple of miles. Unlike the pics he took in the ad, my pics show the actual damage to the tx. Scratches all over, deep gouges, tape on the batt compartment, and most important, it shows 31 hours/ and 48 minutes on the counter. It looks more like it has 100 hours of use. He lied about the usage, and still sent it to me anyways. Anybody who would have bought this would have sent him a nasty email when they recieved it, because they would have expected a tx with minimal use, only 31 minutes. That amounts to about 6 five minute runs with a model, or models. It is not even in your hands long enough to get any damage. He claims: Well, uh, that is what it had on it when I posted the ad. The ad was posted on the 3rd of May. It would'nt matter if it was posted back in 1955. If you sell it to me in 2011, and claim that it has 31 minutes of usage, then when i recieve it, 31 minutes of use is all it should have...
He has no desire to be honest about what he is selling in his ads, and is as arrogant and self-centered as they come. I filed a paypal claim against him to recover my money, and this is how childish he is, he replys and tells me I must be a broke bastard to try the paypal claim thing on him, and that I need to get a job. He tells me in two other emails that what I got was worth the $110 I spent for it, and that my paypal efforts were futile, because the money was gone anyways. This is who you will be dealing with. I highly suggest that you avoid this person. Anyone who is bold enough to try this has to have a screw loose, or just really lost. No respect for posting rules, no respect for other members, no respect for anyone. It dose'nt matter. I dont expect to get my money back. But I promised him that i would let everyone know who he was and what he had done to me. If that is my only satisfaction, then so be it. There is not an honest bone in his body. I, like yourselves, try to avoid these types of people, no matter where I buy, sell, or trade. I have had a couple of good transactions with some good people on this site, but i do most of my buying and selling on RCU (tdmoss61), and EBAY (lincolntd92). My ratings will speak for themselves. I have nothing to gain by lying, and would never do anything to anyone, it's just not in me. Now you know about him. Watch your backs....
tdmosstristate is offline Find More Posts by tdmosstristate
Last edited by tdmosstristate; Jun 09, 2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: ......
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:23 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,352 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
All that typing and you still not left a negative feedback score for him! Your post will be lost to history soon enough, but the feedback will haunt for all time.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:25 AM
USA, ky, Ashland
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Your right about the negative feedback, he deserves it. but I figured that being the type that he has been, he would just leave me negative feedback just out of spite. And from what I have read in the rules, Rc Groups will not remove it unless both parties agree to it.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:05 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
malbax is offline Find More Posts by malbax
Last edited by malbax; Jun 22, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:06 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Joined Jun 2002
7,352 Posts
YOU understand wrong... both parties.do.not.need to agree to set a negative TR..Also, an unjust TR is removeable and the mods will support you for it. Again, that is why we have the TR system... exactly why. A negative is a powerful deterrent.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Post this link in your feedback for him, these pics speak a thousand words...
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:39 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Trader Rating: 72
Wow, of the 4 pics of the radio the seller did take 3 of them we're essentially the same picture. Very deceptive and showed the radio in the most positive light without covering any of the KNOWN flaws or why would you photo it like this? Shaddy, sorry to see you got taken.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:47 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Coupla things come to mind. First, you have to give him the negative feedback, not only because of your transaction, but as a warning to all those who are thinking about buying from him. He still has a bunch of listings up. It looks like he is trying to unload everything he has, and he's new here, so to me that's not a great thing. Almost the same as someone "getting out of the hobby", that means they are probably leaving this site as well. As always, feedback matters.

The other thing...he sounds like an immature kid. Did you happen to read any of his posts from the listing you bought from? Did you see the way he responded to some of the posts, and did you feel comfortable that this may be someone you would want to deal with?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:56 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Joined Jun 2002
7,352 Posts
+1 to Porcia's post... good points. Those things become second hand and easy to spot for the more experienced buyers. It gets easier with practice. Don't let this one crud monkey spoil your experience on RCGroups. There are many times more good guys than bad ones, here.

If it sounds too good to be true... etc.
Last edited by JimNM; Jun 09, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
Also, you should absolutely put his name/ handle in the title of this Thread so that everyone can see he is being talked about in the Trader Talk Forums. I see that while he does not have many posts outside of the classified sections, he does like to sell stuff so keep an eye out for his ad and PM any potential buyers he may have After all, we are in the Trader Talk sections to look out for one another, right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:01 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Trader Rating: 219
Actualy he should be band from any type of selling.
That was just down right stealing on his part.
boatdoc is offline Find More Posts by boatdoc
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
Actualy he should be band from any type of selling.
That was just down right stealing on his part.
He should be banned from selling, and I imagine it could also be reported to the post master (fraud maybe?).

However, I think that giving him a "ban" will not be very affective. We all know how easy it is to set up a new account and start over. I would rather give him feedback that does not disappear and will follow him around whereever he goes on this site...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:04 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
550 Posts
Trader Rating: 149
I was going to say he sounds like a young teenager but was beat to it.Definetly post the negative feedback.I have a negative feedback from a bad transaction for just filing a paypal dispute not a claim when I was told a packeage was shipped and should arrive on thursday but no tracking number was provided.thursday came and went no package no tracking number and filed a dispute.the package was sent ups and in the feedback left he states mail is slow sometimes.Good Luck
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:06 PM
USA, ky, Ashland
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Yea, thanks for the replys guys. You are all absolutely right. I will give him the rating he deserves reguardless of the outcome, so that there will be a permanent record for all to see. That way all will have a definite warning, and can see this guy coming.........
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:54 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 270
Would you please post pictures from the same angle as the seller has. You've taken images from almost every other angle, but what's being shown by the seller. The markings on the LCD display appear to match what you've received, so it's the same radio as advertised.

The radio was described in good condition. If you we were to assume poor, good, and excellent, I would rate the condition as being good also. It works (presumably) and I assume the case isn't cracked or anything else being broken.

You may have a point on the system time, however that's mostly irrelevant, since on the DX3S one can reset the internal timer (manual, page 15).

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan