HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:39 AM
Elyria, Ohio
Joined Sep 2004
723 Posts
Nocturnal Flyer

Thanks a lot and welcome to R/C Groups newbe wizeguy .The total amount was$86.95 why don't you just send me the money . It's the principle that Tim missled some people ,not a money issue that is impoptant here . I just don't like liers and thiefs .

"Some people will rob you with a six and some with a fountan pen"Dylan"

Mike 1484
Mike1484 is online now Find More Posts by Mike1484
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:45 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
Ditto, NF. Shoulda welcomed you properly, but you jumped in with both feet so we knew you weren't shy. I'm glad to have another wizeguy and someone newer than me around. Keeps me from having to worry about exceeding the RCG stodginess limit.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:20 PM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Nice prop nuts .....

..... & really cool anodizing too.

But do they run any better than mine?

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:17 PM
Somerset Pa
Joined Dec 2009
176 Posts
1/2Aworks

I never got around to ordering any engines from 1/2A works , but I would have ordered a few if money grew on trees.
I do feel bad for the guy,

You can get ( more or less) similar engines from 2 other sources that I know of.

One of them is re-designing the rear rotary 049, hopefully unleashing its potential. He is taking orders now as I understand it. I havn`t polaced my order yet. It may be a while until I could buuild my own so I will probably not bother and just buy his( it`s cheaper that way) lol

Besides, I`d rather make a rr 020 out of a peewee anyway.

That other guy on ebay is making some sweet engines from what I hear, but $90 for a sooped pretty up peewee020 is a bit steep at this point in time.
Jaspur_x is offline Find More Posts by Jaspur_x
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:24 PM
Elyria, Ohio
Joined Sep 2004
723 Posts
I always liked rear rotor and rear drum motors but for 1/2 A size motors they are not pratical . The small amount of power put out by a .049 usually suffers from the added drag of the rotor or drum . Also the added weight, complexity,extra parts, and obtaining proper fits and clearances even in larger motors can overwelm any benefit of a rear intake motor. Now take into account that the Cox motors life span is very short when pushed much over 22,000 ( thanks to the ball and socket piston/rod set up)why bother with a rear rotor or drum Cox motor ??? I do have a rear reed valve Cox Space Hopper and it does run strong but all the top performing 1/2A motors since the Holland Hornet have been front rotory valves .

Mike 1484
Mike1484 is online now Find More Posts by Mike1484
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
113 Posts
Nice skydrill teebee I'm trying to get a skydrill plans so can anybodie put plans of that plane
Rczorro is offline Find More Posts by Rczorro
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:33 PM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,601 Posts
The Skydrill is currently being kitted and sold by Steve Adams at SelectHobbies. Since he is a regular poster and supporter of the hobby, folks who have dealt with him likely won't post a set of his plans. You can contact him at steve@selecthobbies.com . He has kits available, but may sell you a copy of the plans only.

andrew
Andrew0820 is online now Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:16 PM
Somerset Pa
Joined Dec 2009
176 Posts
I ended up buying a superpeewee 020 and a speedbee049 from Ronald Valentine off of ebay but I havn`t ran either so I can`t attest to them other than they are nice to look @ lol
Jaspur_x is offline Find More Posts by Jaspur_x