HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:45 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,677 Posts
I always guess wrong on the heat shrink color when solder ESC & motor connectors. However, once I put the plugs in for correct rotation direction, it doesn't get removed again for months if at all so probably not worth my time to put different color heat shrink on it in the first place.
dude_109 is online now Find More Posts by dude_109
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:52 PM
Finland, Kaarina
Joined Jul 2011
49 Posts
-- wrong thread --
tylev is offline Find More Posts by tylev
Last edited by tylev; Sep 02, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
Avionics tech
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2011
1,897 Posts
Even though I now have the turnigy ESCs, my replacement stock 6A ESC arrived today from BH. It's was a freebie (incl. shipping) since it smoked on me less than 30 days of original purchase. (just took them another 30 days to send it to me) It comes with the original connectors attached. All I have to do is solder up the motor and away we go. Replacement impellers should be here any day now as well. Looking forward to getting back in the air.
52Sabre is offline Find More Posts by 52Sabre
Last edited by 52Sabre; Aug 31, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:09 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
I always guess wrong on the heat shrink color when solder ESC & motor connectors. However, once I put the plugs in for correct rotation direction, it doesn't get removed again for months if at all so probably not worth my time to put different color heat shrink on it in the first place.
I do this; AFTER I get proper rotation, I take a felt tip pen and mark the leads. One wire gets a mark on both sides (motor and ESC) another wire gets two marks on each side, and I leave the last one unmarked. If I have to disconnect for any reason, it's then easy to hook up the leads correctly.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:31 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
I do this; AFTER I get proper rotation, I take a felt tip pen and mark the leads. One wire gets a mark on both sides (motor and ESC) another wire gets two marks on each side, and I leave the last one unmarked. If I have to disconnect for any reason, it's then easy to hook up the leads correctly.
Excellent idea Angelo! marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:07 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,152 Posts
I landed heavily the other week and it broke the stator fins of my fan shroud. I finally got to swapping it out for a new one last night so I am back in the game again.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:06 AM
Avionics tech
Joined Jun 2011
1,897 Posts
I'm glad Nitro. I've enjoyed reading about your successes. And appreciate all the tips. Wish I had more time available. I'm putting mine up for a while. But I'll be back.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Sep 03, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:24 AM
Finland, Kaarina
Joined Jul 2011
49 Posts
Is it just to use force to get the motor out? I tried pulling but it is quite well fastened there.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:20 AM
Avionics tech
Joined Jun 2011
1,897 Posts
Tylev - Some are glued in better than others. I had wiggle mine back and forth many times before it finally came loose. Be careful.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 09:57 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
Don snapped while I flew ... stilll enjoying my micro Mig and I now fly mine exclusively on 3S.

I wonder when the next models will be available? I was told some time ago the next micro EDFs would be the T45 and F16 but I do not have any updated info to know if that is still true?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:43 AM
Finland, Kaarina
Joined Jul 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
Tylev - Some are glued in better than others. I had wiggle mine back and forth many times before it finally came loose. Be careful.
OK, thanks.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:03 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,411 Posts
Finally flew my F-86 on 3S - it's certainly the way to go. You can fly with a lot more confidence and really have more fun!

And the thing is you can always fly it at "2S" speeds anyway if you desire - it's good to have the extra boost up your sleeve.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:54 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Don snapped while I flew ... stilll enjoying my micro Mig and I now fly mine exclusively on 3S.

I wonder when the next models will be available? I was told some time ago the next micro EDFs would be the T45 and F16 but I do not have any updated info to know if that is still true?
Dang! I'd be all over both of those Jon!

I got an official Doppler on my Mig15 yesterday - 76.6 MPH. It was a dark, cloudy morning first thing with zero wind. It was nerve racking keeping track and orientation on it. It was just a dot most of the time and the trees always seemed to get in the way real quick....

I set up a keychain HD cam on my cap for the Doppler. I'll edit the video and post it up on YT some time this week.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:58 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
I'm glad Nitro. I've enjoyed reading about your successes. And appreciate all the tips. Wish I had more time available. I'm putting mine up for a while. But I'll be back.
I read the post before the snip and understand wholeheartedly. I'm trying to ft it all in and wow! is that tiring ... Meanwhile... my back yard is now officially a jungle again and the wife wants to know where the outdoor furniture went (underneath the growth dear.. ) LOL
Old Sep 04, 2011, 09:17 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
The F16 will be an automatic buy for me

Anybody bought the OrangeRx R415 receiver?
I wonder which 10A esc comes with the correct plug that will fit into that.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre