HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:10 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,518 Posts
I resisted ordering the MIG. I would probably have pulled the trigger if I knew the plugs were compatible with the AR6300. I'll be following along while the rest of you take the arrows on these.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,297 Posts
Hi Tim,

well I had the same but I plan to use my AR6100 that doesn't have any plugs anymore. So I'll directly solder the servos to the receiver. I saw a video of Jon Barnes on vimeo of the F86. Doesn't feel like I can go wrong
RNAF is online now Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:40 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF View Post
Hi Tim,

well I had the same but I plan to use my AR6100 that doesn't have any plugs anymore. So I'll directly solder the servos to the receiver. I saw a video of Jon Barnes on vimeo of the F86. Doesn't feel like I can go wrong
One worthwhile note ... my F86 is running the AEORC 35mm EDF, not the stocker.

HK has started an excited buzz by being the first to actually have these available for shipping. I can't wait to see what some of you micro guys are able to do with them!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:49 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,149 Posts
Hi Jon,
did you weigh your 35mm EDF Sabre bones before putting your stuff in it?

I'm already thinking an über light version for indoors using a kit.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:51 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,121 Posts
Why not just use a 20mm version and make an ultra-micro EDF?

An über light version probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but you'd still want a pretty big indoor area.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:00 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Hi Jon,
did you weigh your 35mm EDF Sabre bones before putting your stuff in it?

I'm already thinking an über light version for indoors using a kit.
Yeah, I did. The big question is what did I do with the paper that I wrote it all down on!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:09 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
One worthwhile note ... my F86 is running the AEORC 35mm EDF, not the stocker.

HK has started an excited buzz by being the first to actually have these available for shipping. I can't wait to see what some of you micro guys are able to do with them!
Yeah I did notice that! The airframe itself seemed stable and manoeuvrable, easy to launch, nice size.
I don't assume this stock version is overly underpowered. I don't expect verticals!

Cheers
RNAF is online now Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2011, 11:45 AM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingk View Post
Why not just use a 20mm version and make an ultra-micro EDF?

An über light version probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but you'd still want a pretty big indoor area.

Cheers - boingk
Some day it will happen. The technology is there. The big companies just haven't figured out how to effectively use it yet. For some reason, the professionals are always a step behind the hobbyists.
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:53 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Thanks guys, I've got 2 pusher kits en-route!
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:32 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,472 Posts
the F86 sabre looks like a piece of cake to fly after watching the vimeo video also the guy used a TP pro lite 480mah that weighs 28g the hobby king flight max 500mah weighs 30g
Sky Angel Micro F-86 Sabre Jet EDF (4 min 2 sec)
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:09 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,633 Posts
Ordered my Mig and Sabre last night.
Hey Nitro, do you remember your first micro jet flight? I remember mine. And I remember thinking it was so cool they'd jump on making them for the masses. I can not believe it's taken this long. Glad it's finally here. Next stop, gym jets.
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:02 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,149 Posts
Woohoo! Mike

I remember it well. Couldn't get the smile off my face. Huge giggle factor!
For those who don't know, it was Mike that got me into the 30mm EDF micro jets when he asked me to test his mcross 30mm edf unit. One flight and I was hooked and have been ever since. Thanks again Mike!

I pestered a few of the bigger manufacturers in China for years about making micro EDF's and finally gave up.

I agree about the single court challenge for flying a jet (as per your post in the Saab thread) but agree that larger area's are fine. My guess is PZ would have to be working on something by now given the enormous popularity of the 50mm and if they are paying attention - at how fast these sold out at Hobby King (only 5 Mig kits left now - all else is sold out). I did get 3rd party hearsay about a PZ UM Habu but have heard nothing on the grapevine since that one and only time. Maybe just part of the rumour mill or everyone got told to clam up?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:41 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,633 Posts
I certainly hope PZ is working on something, a UM BNF would sell out faster than these two.

Hey, no need to thank me, we all should be thanking you for your exuberance and dedication to the cause. You are the best ambassador for this little segment of the hobby anyone could wish for.
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:05 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Subscribed!

I ordered this from HK, and just got an email that it has been shipped out. Looking forward to fly it.
My buddy also got the F86 locally. I hope he can maiden it tomorrow. (Some soldering is required).

Hopefully this thing flies well and the flight time is >3 mins with suitable batteries stuffed in.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:08 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
Subscribed!

I ordered this from HK, and just got an email that it has been shipped out. Looking forward to fly it.
My buddy also got the F86 locally. I hope he can maiden it tomorrow. (Some soldering is required).

Hopefully this thing flies well and the flight time is >3 mins with suitable batteries stuffed in.
it says to use a 370mah lipo and the RTF model has a 6A ESC so thats .370 x 60 divide by 6A = 3.7mins of full throttle
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au