HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:37 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Get yourself a pair of FosterGrant Lighted Readers.
I use mine a ton with the lights.
All the Drug chain stores carry them.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:41 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,386 Posts
Sky_Captain and IFlyRCs,

Since I was about to "make like a baby... and head out" anyway, I do believe adding a trip to Harbor Freight is now on the agenda for a pair of "Eye Un-crossers"

Thanks for the info.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:05 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish617 View Post
Thanks for the input. Well in going to see if I can sand some foam down like I mentioned, I really don't want to spend the 60 on a futaba rx with the molex connectors on it if I can avoid it. Ill probably shorten wires as well to
You know that Hobbyking sells Futaba compatible receiver right?
Here is a pic of my Spektrum compatible rx in my plane. I chose this spot because I wanted more room for my battery. I might try a slighly larger 2s battery in mine. Maybe make my own from two one cell batterys if I can't find the right one already made up.
Oh and here is big brother with little brother
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Sky_Captain and IFlyRCs,

Since I was about to "make like a baby... and head out" anyway, I do believe adding a trip to Harbor Freight is now on the agenda for a pair of "Eye Un-crossers"

Thanks for the info.

g
mmmmm..... Harbor Freight.... my favorite place to buy cheap tools....
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
You know that Hobbyking sells Futaba compatible receiver right?
Here is a pic of my Spektrum compatible rx in my plane. I chose this spot because I wanted more room for my battery. I might try a slighly larger 2s battery in mine. Maybe make my own from two one cell batterys if I can't find the right one already made up.
Oh and here is big brother with little brother

First, I want to say thank you! for the pictures, haha gives me an idea what kind of space I am working with. Yeah i realized HK has the a futaba compatible Rx, after the micro futaba rx with normal plugs showed up to my house. So i ordered some molex to jr connectors(which will unfortunately take up some more space). I am trying to avoid spending the extra $60 on the HK rx if i can. Like i mentioned in some previous post, i plan to sand down some of the foam inside the plane to maybe create more space. is there any chance you could give me the width/length dimensions of that Rx in there if it isnt a big pain

One other question, what type of plug does the esc have for the batteries? I just ordered a 15c 450mAh batt that was listed in the things needed to complete section. Im hoping the battery, and plane use deans as that is easiest for me and my current charging setup
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Last edited by jirish617; Oct 03, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:20 PM
Registered User
Angelo's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
I have the F-86 and it's a nice little brother for my 60mm F-86.
I really like this little plane and everything was quality, but the aileron servo horn has too big of holes for those tiny connecting rods. Does anyone have a good fix for it? Some kind of grommet or something?
I just substituted bigger wire. The thing that really bothers me is that the servo itself has some play in it. I bought a replacement, and THAT one has some slop too!
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:32 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
jirish617, no problem it's all about helping each other.
My Spektrum rx is 28mm x 14mm.
The Futaba rx from HK is only $21 plus shipping and shipping should be cheap for this little item.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html

Angelo, thanks for that tip, I couldn't see the trees for the forest

You know the Maples scream opression and the oaks just shake their heads
See if you can figure that one out. It will tell me how old you are
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post

Angelo, thanks for that tip, I couldn't see the trees for the forest

You know the Maples scream opression and the oaks just shake their heads
See if you can figure that one out. It will tell me how old you are
There is unrest in the Forest, there is trouble with the Trees......





Rush.....Love it, one of my favorites.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:38 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
There is unrest in the Forest, there is trouble with the Trees......





Rush.....Love it, one of my favorites.
got to love a Rush fan
I was listening to it from a thumb drive in my car stereo today
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:05 PM
always something to learn...
metalguy's Avatar
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,956 Posts
Now all the trees are kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw....
I gotta get me some of those cheater lenses, too!!! I think I will need a better, smaller tipped soldering iron, too.....---------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
metalguy,
This is actually a good deal for a nice soldering iron. I paid a good bit more for my Hakko but I see thier prices have dropped also.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXATBK&P=ML
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:14 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
There's a hot deal thread for a HK soldering station.
They are now out of stock at the US warehouse But
a guy just offered up his spare new one here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=120
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:44 AM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,394 Posts
Yep, that is a good deal, that's why 12 are currently on back order.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_US_Plug.html
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
jirish617, no problem it's all about helping each other.
My Spektrum rx is 28mm x 14mm.
The Futaba rx from HK is only $21 plus shipping and shipping should be cheap for this little item.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html

Angelo, thanks for that tip, I couldn't see the trees for the forest

You know the Maples scream opression and the oaks just shake their heads
See if you can figure that one out. It will tell me how old you are
hmmm, but it still has a normal servo plug just for channel 3, how would that work?
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Angelo's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Angelo, thanks for that tip, I couldn't see the trees for the forest

You know the Maples scream opression and the oaks just shake their heads
See if you can figure that one out. It will tell me how old you are
Yep, couldn't figure that one out. But not 'cause I'm a kid, I was just listening to Little Feat and Frank Zappa instead.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mini Mig-15 EDF from Hobby King Dreamcatcher Foamy EDFs 6 Jan 16, 2012 10:58 AM
New Product JPower/Banana Hobby 40mm Foam Mig-15 and F-86 ducted fan Mikemynameis Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 557 Aug 18, 2011 06:01 PM
Build Log Hobby King Micro A-6 & F-86 Jets tallflyer Foamy EDFs 4 Jun 04, 2011 03:05 PM
New Product J-Power 30mm EDF Jets (F-86 & Mig-15) xplaneguy Foamy EDFs 1 Jan 16, 2011 06:59 AM
Park/indoor EDF F-86 and MiG-15 production news! Thomas B Parkflyers 8 Feb 06, 2002 07:30 PM