HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:38 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
the PNP is with Molex connectors, right? I know that's what my F-86 came with.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
the PNP is with Molex connectors, right? I know that's what my F-86 came with.
Yes, all the PNP versions have servos with molex connectors. Those can be changed though. It all depends on how handy you are.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
well i ended up ordering these from hobbyking, if im not mistaken(please correct me if I am wrong) but this should allow me to now use my futaba micro rx. If i didnt already order it/it shipped, i just discovered that futaba has a 2.4 fasst rx with molex connectors. Im just hoping i have enough space, if not I may be using some sandpaper on the foam to make room.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21733

and, i apologize for the dumb questions. But off the bat, are there any recommendations as far as trim, or exponentials that you suggest i make? I am VERY new to rc aviation
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:18 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Yes, all the PNP versions have servos with molex connectors. Those can be changed though. It all depends on how handy you are.
I'm pretty handy, but I usually don't like building stuff this small.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish617 View Post
well i ended up ordering these from hobbyking, if im not mistaken(please correct me if I am wrong) but this should allow me to now use my futaba micro rx. If i didnt already order it/it shipped, i just discovered that futaba has a 2.4 fasst rx with molex connectors. Im just hoping i have enough space, if not I may be using some sandpaper on the foam to make room.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21733

and, i apologize for the dumb questions. But off the bat, are there any recommendations as far as trim, or exponentials that you suggest i make? I am VERY new to rc aviation
I started off with 60% expo. Just trim all control surfaces to be straight to start with.
Nice find on the molex adaptor. I will have to remember that.
There are no dumb questions.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
I started off with 60% expo. Just trim all control surfaces to be straight to start with.
Nice find on the molex adaptor. I will have to remember that.
There are no dumb questions.
thank you, for the 60% expo, is that for ailerons you are suggesting?
Yeah the molex adapter I think should work with the futaba gear. since I havent seen the plane yet I dont know what kind of room I have to work with. Maybe I am wrong again, but i should be able to just sand down some of the foam to make room correct? I might just pop open the case on the futaba micro rx and pull the internals out just to save space.
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:05 PM
always something to learn...
metalguy's Avatar
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,953 Posts
I will convert my next one to conventional connectors. On my Mig-29, I soldered the ends of the servo leads directly to the reciever. NOT doing that again! Gawd, they are close together. -------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:44 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
I will convert my next one to conventional connectors. On my Mig-29, I soldered the ends of the servo leads directly to the reciever. NOT doing that again! Gawd, they are close together. -------Metalguy
Feeling your pain, MG. I think my eyes are still a little crossed from doing one. And it's been months ago!

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:57 AM
Registered User
warbird_one's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast View Post
My second hand MIG-15 arrived today !
So, I started thinking about the things I need to do before the maiden.
One of them is to add wheels since I'm not at all comfortable throwing such a fast and twitchy plane.
So, did you get the chance to take some pictures or video of your plane ?
Sorry! I had no time to "rebuild" the gears on my hawk. The job is coonsuming my time. Also no time to fly
But it's not difficult to add gears. The only problem I think is how to steer the plane on take off. I hope I'll get the chance to try out with 3s soon....
warbird_one is offline Find More Posts by warbird_one
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:05 AM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish617 View Post
thank you, for the 60% expo, is that for ailerons you are suggesting?
Yeah the molex adapter I think should work with the futaba gear. since I havent seen the plane yet I dont know what kind of room I have to work with. Maybe I am wrong again, but i should be able to just sand down some of the foam to make room correct? I might just pop open the case on the futaba micro rx and pull the internals out just to save space.
There's not a lot of room in there. My micro rx barely fit, where I wante it to fit anyway. I'm even going to shorten the wires on my lipo.
Yes, I meant 60% expo on the ailerons.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:10 AM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Feeling your pain, MG. I think my eyes are still a little crossed from doing one. And it's been months ago!

g
Get a set of these eye uncrossers
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
There's not a lot of room in there. My micro rx barely fit, where I wante it to fit anyway. I'm even going to shorten the wires on my lipo.
Yes, I meant 60% expo on the ailerons.
Thanks for the input. Well in going to see if I can sand some foam down like I mentioned, I really don't want to spend the 60 on a futaba rx with the molex connectors on it if I can avoid it. Ill probably shorten wires as well to
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:42 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Get a set of these eye uncrossers
I really need to get a set of those.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:17 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
This is the one I use. Can't function without it.
Got mine for around $15 at HarborFreight but they may have changed models.
Here's one I found so you can see it:
http://www.amazon.com/Head-Strap-Mag.../dp/B0040BLMC0
You can mix and match between 4 lenses. It mounts 2 at a time and you can fold 1 or 2 in place to use at the same time to multiply power as needed.
Use 1 lens for 14" away and fold down the second lens for 6" away.
The lenses fold up a bit so you can switch to normal vision easily.
Awesome!
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
This is the one I use. Can't function without it.
Got mine for around $10 at HarborFreight but they may have changed models.
Here's one I found so you can see it:
http://www.amazon.com/Head-Strap-Mag.../dp/B0040BLMC0
You can mix and match between 4 lenses. It mounts 2 at a time and you can fold 1 or 2 in place to use at the same time to multiply power as needed.
The lenses fold up a bit so you can switch to normal vision easily.
Awesome!
Here's a funny story. My vision since childhood started to go south, I could not see anything at a distance. I began to wear glasses in elementary school and graduated to contacts by jr. High. When I reached my mid 40s, my close up vision started to go south. I wear contact lenses for far away and just keep a set of reading glasses on me for close up reading. What I discovered is that if I remove my contact lenses used for far away, my close up vision is greatly magnified and I can literlly see the pores in my skin when I look at my hand. So any time I need to do micro soldering, I remove my contacts and I can see everything beautifully. It's just very inconvenient to do that, so I need to get either a set of magnifiers or ditch the contacts for regular glasses that i can remove for close work. Getting older stinks.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mini Mig-15 EDF from Hobby King Dreamcatcher Foamy EDFs 6 Jan 16, 2012 10:58 AM
New Product JPower/Banana Hobby 40mm Foam Mig-15 and F-86 ducted fan Mikemynameis Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 557 Aug 18, 2011 06:01 PM
Build Log Hobby King Micro A-6 & F-86 Jets tallflyer Foamy EDFs 4 Jun 04, 2011 03:05 PM
New Product J-Power 30mm EDF Jets (F-86 & Mig-15) xplaneguy Foamy EDFs 1 Jan 16, 2011 06:59 AM
Park/indoor EDF F-86 and MiG-15 production news! Thomas B Parkflyers 8 Feb 06, 2002 07:30 PM