HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,956 Posts
It is in Lakewood, WA. I work maybe 3 miles away from it. I had ordered items from it, and it took only two days to get them, so I did a little investigating, and found the warehouse. I then noticed that there was an option to local pick up, so I will do that from now on. ------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
It is in Lakewood, WA. I work maybe 3 miles away from it. I had ordered items from it, and it took only two days to get them, so I did a little investigating, and found the warehouse. I then noticed that there was an option to local pick up, so I will do that from now on. ------Metalguy
Lucky for you that it's in your neck of the woods.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
Thanks Metal Guy,

I own the mig 29 and really like it. I flew it once on 2 cell and that was enough. 3 cell all the way. Now it flies great. It did have thrust line issues. But I cut the exhaust nozzles off and extended the bottom of the nozzles maybe a centimeter by adding a small piece of foam. Then glued the nozzles back on and no more thrust line issue.

Mike
verkair is online now Find More Posts by verkair
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
494 Posts
VerKair, would you mind sharing a pic of your thrust line mod? I have a mig-29 that's been sitting on the shelf while I contemplate how to mod it...
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
Welcome to this thread, ur the guy with the Me 163 Komet and the scratch built one right?

I was flying in steilacoom my Mini and Micro EDF's about a month ago. I too am happy HobbyKing opened up local pickup!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
Yes I will post some pictures of the mig 29 mod. But I don't get home until wednesday.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
I have another spare motor/10amp turnigy plush esc combo with housing and 5 blade impeller if anyone is interested. (Figured Id post here before classifieds to give you guys a shot first!) Also have 4 spare 460mah 3s nano's that I used for my f86/t45. $40 shipped for all of it.

It will all be listed in the classifieds here in a few hours.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I have another spare motor/10amp turnigy plush esc combo with housing and 5 blade impeller if anyone is interested. (Figured Id post here before classifieds to give you guys a shot first!) Also have 4 spare 460mah 3s nano's that I used for my f86/t45. $40 shipped for all of it.

It will all be listed in the classifieds here in a few hours.

You have a PM
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:39 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,956 Posts
Queadlunnreau, yes, I am the guy with the me 163, and the home brew one from Steilacoom park. I recently got the F 86' and the Mig 29. Been flying the saber, and plan on maidening the mig tomorrow. These planes are great, I can put the two of them in the saddlebags on my big Victory crossroads. I do hope I don,t have the downthrust problem on the mig that others have experienced. The saber flies well, and I just put in a beefier ESC so it can go 3s now. -----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
Ok, so here is what I did to my Mig29 to fix the thrust tube. I cut off the black exit nozzle. I then glued a 4 mm piece of foam to the bottom. And then simply reattached. So basically the top of the nozzle sits exactly back to where it was with no adjustment, and the bottom of the nozzle was moved aft 4mm. Then I just put tape around the open areas to seal up the gaps.The first time I did it, I moved the bottom 8 mm. Way too much. It flew terrible. Now it flies perfect with no thrust line issues.

Mike
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
494 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I wish they wouldn't mess with the thrust line on these planes.
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Whoops wrong thread
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:18 AM
Epoxy Flyer
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Metalguy, hopefully your Mig will have no thrust issues like mine. Stays level when I throttle up. I'm still on 2S which is fine for the ovals where I fly. The 2 mods I have made are:
1. Replaced the JST battery connector, as it was getting very hot. Probably not able to keep up with the current needed.
2. I cut some cheater holes for more thrust. Now can do loops with just 2S
NiftyRC is offline Find More Posts by NiftyRC
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
I need some of the Jpower 35mm EDF motors and fans, if anyone has had a mishap with their Mig, I would be interested in the pair. The same goes for singles too.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
I need some of the Jpower 35mm EDF motors and fans, if anyone has had a mishap with their Mig, I would be interested in the pair. The same goes for singles too.
Are you building an army over there ?