Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Fear me, I'm a space-duck.
Nederland, GE, Wageningen
Joined Nov 2011
288 Posts
Well, HK has them (Probably also sold out... ) and there is Sydney jets. Those are pretty much all I know of.
hanzie is offline Find More Posts by hanzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:53 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,173 Posts
www.hobbyb.com but they too are out of stock at the moment.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Whiskey View Post
I had the exact same problem. I don't think it can support the RPM.

The Turnigy Plush 10A works great for 3S, but if you plan on trying 4S eventually I would recommend the Plush 12A.

I recently tried a 4S with the Plush 10A and got similar results to what you saw. I think this time it's an overcurrent thing.
I've put a spare hobbywing 10a pentium in (I think a turnigy plush is a rebranded hobbywing) and it works a treat. Thanks!

Seems to be quieter and more thrust too.

I reckon the microcontroller on the hobbyking 10a can't keep up with high revingmmotors and is on the edge. Hence when the battery level drops the motor slows enough to allow the ESC to keep the timing loop in check.

I'm surprised the violent surging never ripped the blades off such a dinky fan!

Cheers,

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:54 AM
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Dec 2011
100 Posts
Hi,

yeah I had luck the edf units are in stock at hk now. If you need one I have some buddycodes in this thread: Click

I also ordered a turnigy plush 10A and 370mAh 3S lipos. I have enough replacement parts to build a second hawk which I will use with the 3S config.

If the 3S config is much better I will sell the 2S hawk....

Regards
warbird_one is offline Find More Posts by warbird_one
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:37 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird_one View Post
Hi,

yeah I had luck the edf units are in stock at hk now. If you need one I have some buddycodes in this thread: Click
$45 dollars for the EDF unit?!?! They don't even include the motor! You can get the whole plane as an ARF for $35! This is no deal.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
Looks like some kind off calculation error, the price is $2.86 if you are loged in.
MagnusEl is offline Find More Posts by MagnusEl
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
That's a lot more like it!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:50 PM
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Dec 2011
100 Posts
Oh,
I did not see the price of 45$...I was loged in the hole time when I was on the page...very good for me and my nerves

Today I will go on holiday and hopefully the new esc for my hawk arrives since I'll be back

Regards and happy flying
warbird_one is offline Find More Posts by warbird_one
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,041 Posts
Man I still LOVE my 35mm twin F-15.

Just some highlights of my F-15's from this weekends flights.

Twin 35mm & 70mm EPO F-15 EDF's (1 min 48 sec)
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
bps
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Apr 2001
798 Posts
Just got home from the flying field and flying my 35mm T45. I used the stock set up with a 450 mah 25c 2s lipo. Set up with 40 % expo on ailerons and 25% expo on elevator. The instruction manual calls for the cg to be located 24mm from the leading edge of the wing. I used the underside of the jet where the wing meets the fuse in the center. My cg came out at 30mm with the battery as far back in the compartment as I could get it. I removed enough foam so that the battery would slide under the elevator servo arm. My jet took some right aileron and just a touch of up elevator. I launched over some tall weeds and was very happy I did so. The first toss sent the jet right into the weeds. The second launched with much more authority did the trick. Nice flight about 2.5 minutes and then landed. With this set up it will slow nicely. Second flight same thing just flew into the weeds. The wind had died down and the plane needed a heave with more force and this did the trick. Nice flying jet with some moderate speed for the size, keep it close or it gets small in a hurry! I like the combo just need to experiment with the launch some more to refine my technique. This jet needs a healthy toss to get up on step. A 5mph wind helps a lot!

I did mod the aileron control rods. They were so small that the z bend at the servo arm was very sloppy. New control rods made from .035 music wire did the trick. I also added a washer under the machine screw head on the ez connectors to take up some more slop there. Thanks to all for the heads up on servo connector polarity. These were easy to switch using an exacto knife to release the locks. Trim the lock of the back side of the connectors and they will fit the micro receiver clones.
bps is offline Find More Posts by bps
Last edited by bps; Aug 01, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: pictures
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:25 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
718 Posts
does anyone know how much the stock 5A esc and servos weigh? are they 5g servos?

I'm going to build a F15 with 2 x GP Sabre units just thinking how much weight can be saved.
I alredy know stock 35mm units weigh 12.5g, someone said GP units weigh 10g so thats 5g saved, a 600mah 25c battery weighs 33g or more, so thats 1g saved using 2x 300mah miniaviation, I already have 2 x Thunderbird 6's 5g each.
Already have 4x orange 2g servos. May try using 3 (1 for elevator instead of 2).

Reasoning behind this is, stock units kick out 65g thrust in-airframe (for F86 anyway) and GP units have already been shown to produce 60-65g stock in the GP thread, so since they weigh less I may as well give them a go (already purchased).
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
The F-86 servos are 2.2 grams. Anything smaller will probably not have enough torque for the control surfaces.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
718 Posts
ah, I probably lost a gram there, those orange ones are around 1.8g and I'm using 3,
2.2 x 2 - 1.8 x2 = -1
although I wont need the long pushrods with in-wing servos so maybe I'll come out even for servo weights.
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,415 Posts
well after many fails...i finally got my HK/Skyangel F-86 to fly. found you got to get these things up to speed with a little altitude.. after almost giving up on it...i'm hooked
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Apr 2012
59 Posts
Question. I have converted my f-86 to 3 cell, awesome. I also just converted my Mig 29 to 3 cell, even more awesome. Now I have an F18 shell and was wondering if it flies well. I looked into the exhaust and it looks worse than the f86 the way the duct spreads out aft of the fan. Anyone have any experience on flying the F18. Is it a good flyer and have good power on 3 cell? Thanks.
verkair is online now Find More Posts by verkair