HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:54 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,027 Posts
Yep, cut it on the panel lines, and cut the rear at a bevel. More air should equal more power, maybe the cuts are too angular, causing turbulence going in. Maybe with the hatch weights and drop tanks removed, I've already got the power maxed out on 2s.

Maybe I'll just go to 3s later, but it looks like changing out the already installed ESC would be a real pain. Besides, except for the marginal looping performance, I'm pretty satisfied with it. The speed is fine for my not-so-nimble fingers, it rolls well, and I like the way it does diving turns into high speed, low passes, followed by a climbing turn. When I go to the neighborhood ball park, this and my PZ micro Mustang are my favorite planes.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:55 AM
Joined Feb 2010
8 Posts
I have a blitzworks transmitter that I use with my 50mm F18. I just bought the 35 mm mig15. It came without a receiver. If I buy one of the orange R415 receivers , will it work with my blitzworks transmitter?
gtman is offline Find More Posts by gtman
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:01 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2011
183 Posts
I don't think it will since the R415 uses DSM2 and the Blitzworks is just normal 2.4ghz. All Spektrum and JR Radios work though.
UltraMicro is offline Find More Posts by UltraMicro
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
385 Posts
I stepped up my F-16 to a 3S with thrust tube. What a difference!

Skyangel Nano F 16 35mm EDF 3s LiPo, 85% thrust tube (4 min 20 sec)

The thrust tube lies flush with the bottom of the fuse. One of these days I'll get to ordering the right batteries for a 4S config.

I see HK just got a new 1S 270 mAh LiPo in stock, how about we spam em to add a 4S to the line for these jets?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Mini_CP_.html
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Last edited by Whiskey Whiskey; Jul 04, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMicro View Post
I don't think it will since the R415 uses DSM2 and the Blitzworks is just normal 2.4ghz. All Spektrum and JR Radios work though.
Thank you Ultramicro for your help!
gtman is offline Find More Posts by gtman
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:01 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Whiskey View Post
I stepped up my F-16 to a 3S with thrust tube. What a difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB68c...yer_detailpage

The thrust tube lies flush with the bottom of the fuse. One of these days I'll get to ordering the right batteries for a 4S config.

I see HK just got a new 1S 270 mAh LiPo in stock, how about we spam em to add a 4S to the line for these jets?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Mini_CP_.html
That looked great! My F16 is the only one I did not step-up to 3S. I just didn't like the way it flew. It also has that ugly air-intake on the bottom. So I just didn't put in the work as I did with my others(T45,MIG15,F86,A10) But you video may inspire me to take a second look.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:33 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Yes, it would fly.... but if the plane got off step or was flying downwind, one false move and down it went.
??? Shouldn't make any difference if flying up or downwind - unless one reduces throttle going downwind (to maintain the same apparent groundspeed in both directions), in which case the airplane is likely flying too slow. Or is there another reason?

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
??? Shouldn't make any difference if flying up or downwind - unless one reduces throttle going downwind (to maintain the same apparent groundspeed in both directions), in which case the airplane is likely flying too slow. Or is there another reason?

Gene K
The plane was flying too slow to begin with. Sharp turns caused it to bleed off even more speed and it didn't recover well at all.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Jul 2004
385 Posts
Did anyone ever find out how many Amps are being drawn on the 4S + 5 blade combo? Could you please share your data?

I see someone had success with a 12 Amp rated ESC, so probably less than 12...

I'm trying to narrow down which batteries to buy for my 4S upgrade, and also determine if the current Tunrigy Plush 10A ESC I have installed will handle it.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Not sure Whiskey..

Today we were running "rc speedo" and doing some downwind passes with the t-45. We came to the conclusion that the app wasnt working right as they were reading around 70mph. Has anyone actually clocked one of these on 3s?? We are bringing out the radar gun next week but not sure if its going to give a reading at all as its so small
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:21 PM
The stalling italian
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
I did use rcspeedo on my 3S T-45 and it showed a top speed, downwind leg, of approximately 55mph. Which might be quite right.

Gio
--
my RC blog
gionir is online now Find More Posts by gionir
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:49 AM
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Dec 2011
91 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm still searching an alternate motor for the 35mm series. Ok, if I don't have luck I will buy one at hobbyb but whats about the motor and the edf unit of the ultra micro mig 15 from eflite.
Did anybody of you tested this combo? I know it's 28mm but look the videos of this little jet. It makes loops without problems. Weight is about 80g so maybe the engine also works on my 90g hawk. If not what do you think about the eflite motor in combination with the stock impeller in my hawk?

Regards,

Michael
warbird_one is offline Find More Posts by warbird_one
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post

Gene K
A lot of real pilots say "wind doesn't matter" because they would never in a million years do what we do to RC planes.

Because of slip drag, an RC plane is more likely to lose airspeed in wind than in the calm when turning. A real pilot in a real airplane wouldn't let his plane slip in a turn near his stall speed, but we are blissfully unaware our planes are yawing to the relative wind until they fall out of the sky.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
warbird, I dont think it will be a good replacement.. It seems the mig is woefully underpowered.. It flys fantastic and handles wind like a champ but I just dont think it will be a good option.. Anyone have any insight on this? (Ive been wrong before )
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jul 2004
385 Posts
Although my F-16 was flying great, I just couldn't let it be...

I incorporated tailerons and a rudder. This tacked on another 5.0g for a current 123.5g flying weight.

Skyangel Nano F 16 35mm EDFtailerons, rudder, 3s LiPo, 85% thrust tube Test Flight 3 (4 min 3 sec)

I atill have some more tweaking to do. I think there's still some up-thrust going on even with the thrust tube flush on the bottom of the exhaust exit.