Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:42 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
A vid of some micro jet mayhem from the weekend. Nitro brought along his Micro Sabre and we had 2 SkyAngel Mig 15 to compare. Migs are alot faster but a hell of a lot harder to fly. The Sabre is rock steady and looks much nicer to boot. Score 1 win for the Sabre. Well done Great Planes

Great Planes Micro F-86 Sabre and Sky Angel Mig-15 (14 min 2 sec)
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:32 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2010
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub View Post
A vid of some micro jet mayhem from the weekend. Nitro brought along his Micro Sabre and we had 2 SkyAngel Mig 15 to compare. Migs are alot faster but a hell of a lot harder to fly. The Sabre is rock steady and looks much nicer to boot. Score 1 win for the Sabre. Well done Great Planes
Sanity out the window, the Aussies have some planes.
So if that's how well the Mig 15 goes with 1 easy star, you should try it with one on Easy Star on each wing! Ha ha ha.
android78 is offline Find More Posts by android78
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2010
156 Posts
Well I go my Mig 29 today, and I've mixed feelings.
First off, I wish they hadn't painted it for me. They put so much red paint on that it has caused terrible warping of the wings and vertical stabs. These have paint mainly on the one side and, as they should know, paint shrinks when it dries, causing it to bend the foam.
Another complaint is that the fans have been taken out and re-glued in. I can tell since there is glue and foam impressions on the top (when looking upside down) with the motor covers off so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about this.
The last real complaint is that there is no on-board mixing of the servos. While one servo wire is labeled elevator and another ailerons, one essentially controls one servo, and the other controls the other servo. Is this the same for others who have this? While I can deal with this by mixing on the transmitter, it's somewhat disappointing.

Apart from that, it looks like a nice little plane, just disappointing that I just can never seem to get exactly what I think I ordered from HK.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
384 Posts
Hello all
After a winter of hibernation, i brought out my Micro Jet F-86 for some fun. First i replaced the original receiver with and Orange DSM2 so i could use it with my DX8. With the 7.4v 350mah battery the plane is perfectly balanced. After many flights, and of course the last one which ended up with "uncontrolled flight into terrain" i am in need of parts!! Specifically the canopy which could not be found? Other that HK (who do not have stock on the canopy) are there other sources out there? Such a fun little plane to fly, seems like a real shame to put it on the side lines because of that.
Any help is appreciated!
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,039 Posts
I have 5 of the SA 35mm and many of the 50mm they are all great fun, yes some need a little attention upon arrival which I have come to excpect BUT once all the smmal things are in order these little jets are so much fun. I think that if any on-board mixing would just add un-needed weight. All jets I have use the Tx for mixing? I do undrestand your frustration but the extra work is just part of the hobby, right?
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
I have 5 of the SA 35mm and many of the 50mm they are all great fun, yes some need a little attention upon arrival which I have come to excpect BUT once all the smmal things are in order these little jets are so much fun. I think that if any on-board mixing would just add un-needed weight. All jets I have use the Tx for mixing? I do undrestand your frustration but the extra work is just part of the hobby, right?
Any 3s set up ?
esc ?
Lipo ?
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2010
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
Yeah, I don't mind a little extra work. It's just a little disappointing that they don't have an option of unpainted though, since I'm sure the paint is what has caused the warping. A little playing with some boiled water for the vertical stabs and a hair dryer for the wings seems to have got it pretty good with only a little alligator skinning. Mine were VERY warped too... to the point where they would have been damaged had I tried to get them flat them without heat.
As for the mixing, it's really not an issue, but why not label the wires correctly. It wouldn't take much effort at all, and would go a long way towards a good first impression.

Has anyone tried putting the wheels on? If so, how is it taking off from gravel with them? I'm not sure which way to go, but probably no wheels and just a grass lander. Knowing my luck it'll probably be a lawn dart first flight anyway (no need for wheels then) ;-)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:26 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by android78 View Post
Yeah, I don't mind a little extra work. It's just a little disappointing that they don't have an option of unpainted though, since I'm sure the paint is what has caused the warping. A little playing with some boiled water for the vertical stabs and a hair dryer for the wings seems to have got it pretty good with only a little alligator skinning. Mine were VERY warped too... to the point where they would have been damaged had I tried to get them flat them without heat.
As for the mixing, it's really not an issue, but why not label the wires correctly. It wouldn't take much effort at all, and would go a long way towards a good first impression.

Has anyone tried putting the wheels on? If so, how is it taking off from gravel with them? I'm not sure which way to go, but probably no wheels and just a grass lander. Knowing my luck it'll probably be a lawn dart first flight anyway (no need for wheels then) ;-)

I would keep them as light as possible, so 86 the landing gear. Yeah I have gotten more than one jet with crazy warping it seems that they should be able to ge that part right huh?. Well to be honsest the best 35mm flyer I have would have to be the T45 on 3S not 2S. It kinda just flops around on 2S but the 3S really makes it a great bird. The Mig and the Saber are great too but also on 3S. The should have come 3S ready outta the box, but again you gotta put some work into'em to get a great bird. Good luck on maiden just watch the thrust angle
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA View Post
Any 3s set up ?
esc ?
Lipo ?
I'm using 4S on my MiG-15---VERY FAST!!!....250mAh batts...I have a vid of it somewhere flying it in some very gusty conditions...I'll try to find it...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,181 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to better the 82mph I clocked on my little hopped up Mig - on 3S!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircuits View Post
looking at those BH photos, man these things look so small. I want that Mig-29, but will it be too hard to see? maybe I should stick with 50mm. really like the look of the Mig-29 & A-10
you'd be surprised.
I have the MiG-29 and a 64mm Exceed (nitroplanes) F-35. the larger F-35 because it's all gray is harder to see.
Also the MiG-29 can fly more comfortably in smaller areas.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to better the 82mph I clocked on my little hopped up Mig - on 3S!
Hmmm...Let's see--Yours is hopped up but on 3S...Mine is stock but on 4S...I also did a slight Nip/Tuck on mine...Do you think that we are on the same playing field competition-wise with your hopped up version vs my 4S model???......If so, I'll get a balls out run or two on mine to compare..All I know is that when I hit a certain speed with this jet, it goes haywire and has a mind of its own......Maybe a 35mm scale sound barrier???......Before the flight I need to swap out the stock 2g elevator servo for one of my stronger 3.7g units as I feel like the elevator servo gets overwhelmed at high speeds...I back it off and regain control..

Let me know!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:44 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,181 Posts
Definitely swap out the servo - it was the first thing I did to mine - as well as slicing off the elevators and installing hinges to let them move freely.

With a hop-up - the thing is to do what you have to do to get it to move.

Let it rip Kevin!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:13 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin greene View Post
i'm using 4s on my mig-15---very fast!!!....250mah batts...i have a vid of it somewhere flying it in some very gusty conditions...i'll try to find it...

Kevin
esc ???
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:14 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I'm using 4S on my MiG-15---VERY FAST!!!....250mAh batts...I have a vid of it somewhere flying it in some very gusty conditions...I'll try to find it...

Kevin
MINUTES OF FLYING with 250 mah....