SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:42 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircuits View Post
so are these 35mm edfs just not flying? reading seems like people can't get them in the air. no videos from Banana Hobby, etc.
only Mig29 we see flying is that one guys. was it stock?
Gotta say my Mig-29 is still a work in motion after its nose breaking maiden flight (or better described as a short glide into the deck).

I'll pin the ailerons (seems weird to me that your trying to get it to climb with up elevator whilst decreasing lift on the wings with up ailerons) and try flying it with just elevons.

It seems to me also that the stock power setup is just barely enough to get this relatively heavy model to fly ok. Nothing that can't be improved on I guess.

But if your not worried about scale or 'real' aircraft and just chasing a small flyer; I recently got a Micro Stryker F-27Q. Talk about a fantastic flyer. Great speed envelope (could almost fly it indoors and just about vertical climb) and flats spins like a boomerang!!!! Highly recommended.
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:22 PM
加拿大, BC, 溫哥華
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Some one is selling A10 and T45 in rcuniverse. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=811342
50mm edf is offline Find More Posts by 50mm edf
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mm edf View Post
Some one is selling A10 and T45 in rcuniverse. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=811342

Gee, I wonder who "Some one" is.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
@flying circuits
The Mig29 in my video was stock. The setup is written in the description in one of my videos.
I have since changed the ESC to the Turnigy 10A to handle 3S, but I don't really like how it flies with the additional weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cox View Post
Has anyone else tried the F/A-18? After many unsuccessful attempts, I am about to give up. Moved the CG forward and back, put in up trim, down trim. It either dives and won't pull out, or stalls and rolls abruptly. Usually some damage.
Our best club pilot has tried, with me launching hard and level, since the high wing
loading needs a good bit of speed.
Richard, I move connect the control rods to the innermost hole on the elevator, and outermost hole on the servo for maximum travel. Try that.
The ailerons do not need so much travel.

Anyone else have videos of the new jets?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
@flying circuits
The Mig29 in my video was stock. The setup is written in the description in one of my videos.
I have since changed the ESC to the Turnigy 10A to handle 3S, but I don't really like how it flies with the additional weight.

Richard, I move connect the control rods to the innermost hole on the elevator, and outermost hole on the servo for maximum travel. Try that.
The ailerons do not need so much travel.

Anyone else have videos of the new jets?
Could you give some specifics about what you don't like about the flight characteristics of the 3S Mig 29? Exactly what is your set up? I've got a kit waitng to be built. Thanks in advance.
19000rpm is offline Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:13 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
because of the extra weight of the new ESCs, it is not as floaty as before. this is with flying it with the same 2 cell batteries.
I was expecting that I need to carry more speed with the weight, but wasn't expecting this much. it now needs to be flown as fast as the other 35mm jets that I have. It's hard for me to quantify it words, but if you take a look at the video of my Mig29, you will see that it is very floaty.

The setup is in my video. It's not hard to find. In a nutshell, I gave the elevator maximum throws and the aileron lesser throws.
I also used HK 2.5g servos.
there is also about 1-2mm of up elevator when my Mig29 is trimmed at neutral.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:33 PM
Grounded
Canada, ON, Ancaster
Joined Jun 2011
20 Posts
MiG-29 inbound

Now, I've always been a fan of jet aircraft over props. It just makes sense. I've owned a couple of RC WW2 corsiars (1m and .8m variants) and there was mostly no complaints, other than they act like some sort of tree velcro. (and only ever trees over 100' tall.)
I always shied away from jets mostly because the warbirds were cheaper... but now with a jet RC around 100$?? I couldn't really say no...

I almost bought the A-10... i've been playing the crap out of this game: http://www.a-10c.com/en/series/warthog/
its a SIM so...yeah. only for simmy people. best sim out there tho. can't recommend it enough to people with no jobs or families or those actually interested in becoming A-10C pilots.

anyway... that game made me want an A-10. Someone mentioned earlier in this forum the wings have too little surface area and I would have to agree. The A-10 is supposed to handle better than most other jets at low speeds and if you could find a pair of wings that were slightly larger i think it would work... maybe even adding bombs and such as long as the CoG was still good... an a10 rarely flies empty and is anything but symmetrical. easier than making a bigger wing.

anyway, Russian planes are frickin awesome and the '29 was on the same page as the A-10 so naturally...

i think only a Sukhoi of somekind would make me happier. ive always been partial to the Su-27. Why are Russian jets so awesome? its like the one thing the soviets got bang on....

Ordered it after christmas/before new years but I have a feeling it won't ship for a week or two.
I'll see if I can get someone to hold a camera whilst I fly it into a wall for the first time.

also I hate the airshow paintjob and if it survives more than a couple of flights i am going to have to paint it.
Blizz003 is offline Find More Posts by Blizz003
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:32 AM
Grounded
Canada, ON, Ancaster
Joined Jun 2011
20 Posts
oh... also was just thinking...
if a MiG-29 has thrust vectoring, isn't it then a MiG-35? especially at this scale...
Blizz003 is offline Find More Posts by Blizz003
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
because of the extra weight of the new ESCs, it is not as floaty as before. this is with flying it with the same 2 cell batteries.
I was expecting that I need to carry more speed with the weight, but wasn't expecting this much. it now needs to be flown as fast as the other 35mm jets that I have. It's hard for me to quantify it words, but if you take a look at the video of my Mig29, you will see that it is very floaty.

The setup is in my video. It's not hard to find. In a nutshell, I gave the elevator maximum throws and the aileron lesser throws.
I also used HK 2.5g servos.
there is also about 1-2mm of up elevator when my Mig29 is trimmed at neutral.
Thanks. I had seen those vids and thought they were on 2S. Well, it's going to be heavier with 3S. And, as you say, not so floaty. That's too bad, but I am hoping extra power will compensate to some degree so the speed is better.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:56 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
If you are still deciding on whether to go 2s or 3S, I can go grab some videos of the Mig29 on 3S this weekend if the weather is good.
It has not been getting much flight time as I'm flying my other newer planes and the wind has not been favorable to the smaller planes.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2004
471 Posts
Here is a video from yesterday of my A-10 on 2s (two nano tech 370mah in parallel).

SkyAngel A-10 flight (6 min 17 sec)

scott.
GuppyG is offline Find More Posts by GuppyG
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
If you are still deciding on whether to go 2s or 3S, I can go grab some videos of the Mig29 on 3S this weekend if the weather is good.
It has not been getting much flight time as I'm flying my other newer planes and the wind has not been favorable to the smaller planes.
I was committed to 3S until now. We'd all enjoy the video. Thanks!

Scott, that A-10 flies pretty nice!
Last edited by 19000rpm; Jan 03, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:47 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm View Post
Man that Sucks. Fortunately we have great UPS service here.

BTW, BH is virtually closed through the new year since they are moving the warehouse according to their website. That's probably going to back up response at least a week. Yuck. I feel your pain. Hang in there.
Got a hold of BH and they are starting the UPS claim/investigation! Finally I might see my A-10 yet!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyG View Post
Here is a video from yesterday of my A-10 on 2s (two nano tech 370mah in parallel).

http://youtu.be/tA1Za-FgxwE

scott.
Nice
Can you post pics of you battery arrangement!!!
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Got a hold of BH and they are starting the UPS claim/investigation! Finally I might see my A-10 yet!
That's great. I'm currently sitting on chat with BH looking for a refund on their mix up on my order.