HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:18 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
I think you told me the same thing when i mentioned the thrust to weight ratio of the 50mm stock setup.
As for this one, I'm confident it will fly as far as i can throw it... after that is anyone's guess.
i've got a new fuse on backorder so i'll have a re-do of this mod eventually. (when i run out of glue)
The other thing that you may not have checked - what's the exhaust diameter? If the exhaust is bigger than the intake, that can cause major losses, because the air can't speed up properly.
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:21 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Looking good pdawg.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:38 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Does anyone has the A10 manual? I need the CG for it
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:44 PM
The stalling italian
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
As the Turnigy Plush ESCs are once again on backorder I was thinking to get the Birdie 10A from Hobbyking, this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F1A%5FBEC.html

Anyone tried it yet to convert 2S EDFs to 3S?

Thanks
gionir is offline Find More Posts by gionir
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
If you can find the manual for it - the specs read quite good for use with these edf's.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:33 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
This manual was listed in the files tab on the webpage. Dunno for sure if it's really it or not?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...X378721X11.pdf

Here's another that was listed with Birdie 40a/60a/80a etc. It looks to utilize the same functions as the 10a
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...59X7478X22.pdf

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Last edited by giuseppi; Nov 18, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,059 Posts
I doubt the Birdie 10A will work on 3S. It is most likely a clone of the other cheap 10A escs which doesn't work with high kv motors on 3S.
MegaTesla is online now Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:48 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
Does anyone has the A10 manual? I need the CG for it
Here you go ... you didn't get a manual with yours?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:32 PM
The stalling italian
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
New Sabre colours

Thanks for all the replies about the ESC. Too bad there is only the Turnigy Plush as a cheap solution. Guess I'll have to wait for it to come back.
The plan was to order it together with a Hawk

A few posts back I mentioned I was repainting the Sabre. Well, now it's finished! YAY!
I was kind of impressed by the fact that on the UM P51 thread everybody paints and repaints their micro mustang (including me), but here all we have is stock liveries. Maybe it is for the weight, maybe these planes are not worth a paint, but I'd love to see more difference!

Anyway, I picked my homeland's aerobatic team, the Pattuglia Acrobatica Nazionale (PAN) or Frecce Tricolori, as the Sabre was used by them back in the 60's, and decided to turn the standard Sabre into a cool italian version!

I glassed the front part of the fuse, drawn the decals, painted her and applied the decals.
I just cant wait for it to STOP RAINING otherwise I'll have to come up with something for the MiG 15 too.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:51 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Here you go ... you didn't get a manual with yours?
Thanks!
I bought the only A10 available, and it was the 35mm display unit. No manual, but I got a further discount.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:39 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gionir View Post
A few posts back I mentioned I was repainting the Sabre. Well, now it's finished! YAY!
I was kind of impressed by the fact that on the UM P51 thread everybody paints and repaints their micro mustang (including me), but here all we have is stock liveries.
Nice looking Sabre!

It is kinda funny there's been no custom markings/paint schemes for the Sabre, lots of different users. I was thinking of the Greek aero team, the Hellenic Flames.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:02 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
gionir,

That paint scheme came out really nice. Any idea how much weight it added to the airframe? Or, what is your AUW since the paint job?

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:57 AM
The stalling italian
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
gionir,

That paint scheme came out really nice. Any idea how much weight it added to the airframe? Or, what is your AUW since the paint job?

g
Measured it now, and with 12A ESC and 370 mah Nanotech 3S it sits at 135g
I think the most of the weight gain is due to the epoxy, as I did the same treatment to the MiG and it weighs 135g as well.
Please mind that I measured them with a kitchen scale, so there is quite a big margin.
The MiG flies pretty good, as you can see in the video I recently posted, and I have great hopes for the Sabre as well now!

Angelo, the Hellenic Flames livery would be awesome as well. I really like colourful planes, and the Sabre really lends herself to aero treatments!
The only thing that worries me is that now I cannot fly ovals anymore: only loops and rolls!
Last edited by gionir; Nov 19, 2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined May 2009
166 Posts
Anyone managed to get Castle Phoenix 10's work with these motors? If you did what settings did you use?
JazzMan2001 is offline Find More Posts by JazzMan2001
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Nov 2007
233 Posts
funny, I have a LOT of EDF jets, and never tried air sealing the fan access area. I don't even use thrust tubes. but I prolly should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
YAY got my bird down to 124g AUW from 133.5g! Just waiting for my 2.2g servos to come in and I can get rid of my current 5g servos and hopfully get her to down to about 118g.

Just a note to anyone new to EDF's like me, SEAL YOUR BOTTOM HATCH!!!

Did some static thrust test and was only getting 100g from a 3s =(

Than I sealed a hatc I cut to put in the ESC with insta-flex CA (tested it first on a missle it did not melt it) and taped the normal hatch and thrust went up to 130g!

I'm better than a 1:1 thrust to weight now! YAY

Yea prolly most of you seal your hatch, but for those who are new to EDF's like me, I thought I would share this.
flyingcircuits is offline Find More Posts by flyingcircuits