HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:58 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Skyangels 35mm EDF Red Arrows Hawk Maiden Flight - Pt 2.

Jon, can you sniff out white 35mm Hawk parts - before they get the red/blue paint on them?

Here's Part 2 of my Red Arrows Hawk video. This is it's second flight. After the 'incident', I CA'ed it back together and recharged the lipo for another nice flight. I was dogging Strike3's 70mm Hawk trying to get some in flight video but she's a little small to see other than a spec on the video.
Skyangels 35mm EDF Red Arrows Hawk Maiden Flight - Pt 2. (3 min 27 sec)

.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Last edited by NitroCharged; Nov 08, 2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added video
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:12 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Jon, can you sniff out white 35mm Hawk parts - before they get the red/blue paint on them?

Here's Part 2 of my Red Arrows Hawk video. This is it's second flight. After the 'incident', I CA'ed it back together and recharged the lipo for another nice flight. I was dogging Strike3's 70mm Hawk trying to get some in flight video but she's a little small to see other than a spec on the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8w8SSkbx5s

.
told you that was a weak spot - i knew because my 50mm did exactly the same thing on it's maiden...

Speculation at this point, but i believe this redarrow's hawk is an exact copy of the 50mm version scaled down. (computer models are easy to scale like this, and then remake the molds based on the altered computer model.

(of course some things can't be scaled, like the minimum thickness of foam at the glue joins, etc.)


the intakes and elevator incidence seemed to be scaled identically - even the bumps on the wing, etc. - Can't speak for the other 35mm edf versions.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:18 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
told you that was a weak spot - i knew because my 50mm did exactly the same thing on it's maiden...

Speculation at this point, but i believe this redarrow's hawk is an exact copy of the 50mm version scaled down. (computer models are easy to scale like this, and then remake the molds based on the altered computer model.

(of course some things can't be scaled, like the minimum thickness of foam at the glue joins, etc.)


the intakes and elevator incidence seemed to be scaled identically - even the bumps on the wing, etc. - Can't speak for the other 35mm edf versions.
Also the F-18 is looking just a scale down version ...

But ... I dont get ... what is the weak spot of the T-45 ? I never notice any on my 50mm version
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:44 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Also the F-18 is looking just a scale down version ...
Not exactly. I have both and they are different.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Not exactly. I have both and they are different.
Ups ...

I also have both ... as well the 64mm version.

Yes ... they are similar (as the should be) .. but are two different air model.


Actually ... since I crashed the F-18 50mm, and I got a new kit ... I have additional 50mm wings totally in perfect condition (was the rest that had bad luck) ... that ... they look like they can replace the wings of the 35mm ... it will be a nice delta floaters ... I may will try it

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:54 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Also the F-18 is looking just a scale down version ...

But ... I dont get ... what is the weak spot of the T-45 ? I never notice any on my 50mm version
there's a glue spot just beside the intakes where the forward fuse joins the servo bay area. - top and bottom parts are glued well, but down the join down the side of the fuse on both my 50mm and 35mm had glue that had hardened but not adhered to both surfaces.

hope others don't have the same issue. - even repeated 'light' landings with this plane may stress the area enough to break it after just a few 'incidents'...
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:34 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
there's a glue spot just beside the intakes where the forward fuse joins the servo bay area. - top and bottom parts are glued well, but down the join down the side of the fuse on both my 50mm and 35mm had glue that had hardened but not adhered to both surfaces.

hope others don't have the same issue. - even repeated 'light' landings with this plane may stress the area enough to break it after just a few 'incidents'...
Still don't get it

Do you mean the wings that are connected to the fuse on the T-45 ... yes ... this need strong glue and some tape for keep it in place.

Actually is somehow also a problem on the 64mm version, that is just fix by 1 plastic T connector and 1 screw.

I though the 35mm would have used less foam parts, so this issue should be history ... anyhow ... it is normal maintenance in a PnF or ARF bird ... always check if some blued part are getting weak ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:37 AM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
e_lm_70.... the plane is moulded in separate parts, it is where they are glued together to make the fuselage one piece... just in front of the intake ducts it is a straight joint.
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:35 AM
Registered User
JazzMan2001's Avatar
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined May 2009
166 Posts
Yeahy, mine have arrived







More pics: http://www.modelog.co.uk/35mm-edf-hawk-and-f-86-sabre

Going to install twin aileron servos in the wing on the F86 like on the hawk. Just need pull the old ESC out as I've got some 3S capable ones to drop in

I'm really happy with the quality, everything is straight.
JazzMan2001 is offline Find More Posts by JazzMan2001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:58 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike3 View Post
e_lm_70.... the plane is moulded in separate parts, it is where they are glued together to make the fuselage one piece... just in front of the intake ducts it is a straight joint.
^ what he said ^

i thought i'd figured out the precise cg location yesterday after moving the battery and adding some weight to the nose...

i tried duplicating it today - resulting in a series (5) of failed launches concluding with the front fuselage breaking at the intake ducting again.

more glue.

and something underneath to hold onto whilst launching.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 06:21 AM
we can take off without that
green_flyer's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
For those of you in need of spare parts, replacement parts, bare airframes, etc...I am curious and would like some feedback...

WHAT exactly should we carry spare parts wise? We are thinking about stocking some parts for the Sky Angel mini war birds, 50mm EDFs and 35mm EDFs. Airframe only, motors, ESCs, fans and shrouds, etc

What would you folks like to have easy and immediate access to?
Could you please stock all the airframe parts as spare parts (unpainted would be even better!).
I prefer to get airframes as spare parts because they dont have decalls on, I want to start paining my jets and dont like the hassle of removing decalls.
I have been waiting for ages for Banana Hobby to list the 50mm BAE Hawk as spare parts, also the F22. I woul really want to get my future 35mm planes as airframes only.
Every Jpower plane I have so far (except mig15) I have customised with own electronics and power system, I really just need the airframes.

Thanks!
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:44 AM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
Thanks for all of the suggestions on the spares. We are leaning towards stocking airframes and power systems ... I am also inquiring as to getting unpainted airframes.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
I have been flying my F-86 Sabre around for some time, running a nano-tech 2S, but I am looking to go 3S. What ESC do you guys suggest to run the 3S setup? Thanks!
xcskiier23 is offline Find More Posts by xcskiier23
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:08 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
MegaTesla's Avatar
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcskiier23 View Post
I have been flying my F-86 Sabre around for some time, running a nano-tech 2S, but I am looking to go 3S. What ESC do you guys suggest to run the 3S setup? Thanks!
Turnigy Plush 10A
MegaTesla is offline Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:14 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan2001 View Post
Yeahy, mine have arrived

Going to install twin aileron servos in the wing on the F86 like on the hawk. Just need pull the old ESC out as I've got some 3S capable ones to drop in

I'm really happy with the quality, everything is straight.
Lucky you ...

I got my 35mm F-18 order from spare parts ... but still no sign of the T-45 order as PNF ... and I did order this well before the spares.

Strangely I got already the Canary and the EPP Wing from HK that I did order later and has been shipped also 1 week later.

I hope that my T-45 35mm can be the first lost shipment from HobbyKing

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mini Mig-15 EDF from Hobby King Dreamcatcher Foamy EDFs 6 Jan 16, 2012 10:58 AM
New Product JPower/Banana Hobby 40mm Foam Mig-15 and F-86 ducted fan Mikemynameis Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 557 Aug 18, 2011 06:01 PM
Build Log Hobby King Micro A-6 & F-86 Jets tallflyer Foamy EDFs 4 Jun 04, 2011 03:05 PM
New Product J-Power 30mm EDF Jets (F-86 & Mig-15) xplaneguy Foamy EDFs 1 Jan 16, 2011 06:59 AM
Park/indoor EDF F-86 and MiG-15 production news! Thomas B Parkflyers 8 Feb 06, 2002 07:30 PM